• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct - Battle on March 6th [up: video with subtitles]

I'm a little confused about how they're selecting their "Arts." Are they actualkly having to press left-right on the D-Pad or something? Doesn't seem very smooth during a high intensity, fast-paced fight.

Yeah, I take it you haven't played Xenoblade? I didn't hear of anyone having issues with selecting arts, it's the same there.

Nanashrew

Banned
From Cheesemeister who is live translating.

Cheesemeister@Cheesemeister3k
Soul Voice settings let you plan out strategies in advance of battle. The characters will use the ones you select. #XenobladeX

th4tguy

I'm excited for this game but man the character designs are really bad. Love everything else but those characters look like something a middle school student would draw.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I love that lin is just fighting wit this shield thing, that is usually something that goes to a character like reyn or something, kinda reminds me of how xenoblade subverted expectations with their charactes like melia and sharla and riki.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Battle looks awesome! Monster Huntahhhhhhhhhhh

El Odio

Banned
I'm noticing that after a lot of these fights are over Tatsu is showing up near the party, unless I'm just not seeing him running around during them.

massoluk

Banned
Ok, those are some nice sexy simple armor. The only major difference so far I see from Xenoblade is the ability to target different part.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
they're missing so many perfect B inputs !! :D

Clefargle

Show me the dolls!

tumblr_inline_murhibDBmR1r1ydaw.jpg

th4tguy

pls no

god yes

They aren't all bad but some of the face models even look like they were badly molded out of clay with lumps and giant eyes places on too small of heads. Other characters look just fine. It's like they didn't do any kind of quality pass to make sure designs were consistent.
This will be the first game I DONT go into the settings and disable helmet model. I don't want to see the faces.

Is every battle theme going to have lyrics :p

I'm excited for this game but man the character designs are really bad. Love everything else but those characters look like something a middle school student would draw.
I figured out the problem with Monado hairband girl, maybe. Her eyes are spaced too far apart and a bit low so it just looks creepy.

Top Bottom