• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

kamikaze said:
if they're showing her now, hopefully she'll be playable for an e3 demo and the answers will be found at that time.

this is a good point. I wonder if they'll start power revealling returning chaarcters that will be seen in the demo anyway

4330.jpg

Yay for upgrades!

Danthrax said:
I don't see a sword on her person. =\ Also, since she's the TP Zelda, she probably won't change into Sheik either.
Unless TP Zelda does that? I got bored and stopped playing the game after like the 3rd dungeon.
She held her sword when
Ganondorf takes control of her and you fighter her
but never actually used it. Perhaps down + b conjures the sword? Eh, I'll guess we'll wait for the demo to find out.

tribal24 said:
did anyone bother to think that shiek might be her own charecter?

hope not, why waste a spot when is fine as is, they should get Midna in the game with twilight powers if anything.

Shiek just needs to be tweaked a bit...well, a lot.

Somnid

Just because they changed the model to mirror TP doesn't mean they left Shiek out. Zelda's abilities are purely based in Smash Bros as she doesn't do much in actual Zelda games. Perhaps they might give her light arrows, but it seems unlikely. I don't think they'll dick around with vertran characters too much aside from clones.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
MindCollizion said:
Sheik NOT in the game CONFIRMED.

But Zelda looks incredible!
Previously not shown character out of nowhere!
This doesn't confirm shit about sheik. Sheik could still be in the game. (doesn't even have to be a zelda transformation this time)

Somnid said:
Just because they changed the model to mirror TP doesn't mean they left Shiek out. Zelda's abilities are purely based in Smash Bros as she doesn't do much in actual Zelda games. Perhaps they might give her light arrows, but it seems unlikely. I don't think they'll dick around with vertran characters too much aside from clones.
You may be right, but we don't have much precedent to support it one way or the other. But you'd think there would at least be mention of it. Maybe once Sakurai posts her "moves" update we can get some kind of confimration.

Wii said:
Yeah, she's now called Zero Suit Samus :lol

I don't know if you were joking or not....but it makes sense!!!!!! Doesn't she have the same Up+Smash attack? And she has a whip? And a projectile? And she's hot?

Zeed

Banned
Linkzg said:
I kinda wish SSBB would have different characters for different games. I mean, is there no chance of playing as Tetra?
While that would be so awesome, it looks incredibly unlikely right now. Wind Waker Link isn't even a lock yet.

Somnid

Again I'm gonna try to put a break on the rampant speculation, but why do people equate Zero Suit Samus with Shiek? So she also has a whip, that's like saying Marth and Link both have swords. We know nothing of her moveset.

I really like the new Zelda model (what's not to like?), I just wish they'd make her hair color lighter to make it closer to Zelda circa Twilight Princess.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
So, Zelda out of nowhere. Awesome. Looks like she will keep her magic attacks and not use a sword. I hope her standard B is switched to light arrows. MAJOR improvements visually. The characters that need more detail like Link and Zelda have seen a huge jump when compared to their Melee counterparts.

Sheik could still be in.

Please let Ganon have the sword from TP. Do not flesh out his Falcon copy moves, Sakurai. He needs his sword.

Firestorm said:
No, I agree fully with you. Just saying there even won't be lost face-to-face interactions. And damn, I saw the FC3 Montage again and everytime it amazes me. Especially three of the gameplay shots. Two IC combos and one Falcon combo.

My favorite combo vid to watch is that Falcon combo. It looks so smooth.

NotWii

Banned
Mockingbird said:
I don't know if you were joking or not....but it makes sense!!!!!! Doesn't she have the same Up+Smash attack? And she has a whip? And a projectile? And she's hot?
I'm not joking.

Somnid said:
Again I'm gonna try to put a break on the rampant speculation, but why do people equate Zero Suit Samus with Shiek? So she also has a whip, that's like saying Marth and Link both have swords. We know nothing of her moveset.
Watch the Nintendo World trailer, her moves are almost exactly the same as Shiek's

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The reason why people think Zero Suit Samus is a sheik replacement because of the two or three moves we saw, all of them were Sheik moves.

Not that it means anything: Things were recycled among multiple characters quite a bit in Melee. Kirby and Jigglypuff share probably half of their animations, for example. Also, Zelda and Peach had the same model.

I'm going to punch the next person who says the hair color is different. It's the damn lighting in the game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Model
zelda_070625c-l.jpg

Twilight Princess Model
princess_zelda_hair.jpg

Again, it's lighting. When it's bright out, her hair looks lighter. With low key lighting, it looks very dark.

Dechaios said:
My guess is they'll just make Sheik his own character and update his design to look more Twilight Princess-y.

Cool new upgrade, bad new hair.

And this quote is totally nonsensical in nature by merely existing.

RagnarokX

Boy, this update came out of nowhere. I was hoping she'd have her sword and use light arrows to improve her a bit to make up for removing sheik (I'd prefer they kept within TP). She didn't really do much else in terms of fighting. She had light arrows, ball of light attack, and ground triforce attack... guess maybe she could still do those.

TSA said:
I'm going to punch the next person who says the hair color is different. It's the damn lighting in the game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Model
zelda_070625c-l.jpg

Twilight Princess Model
princess_zelda_hair.jpg

Again, it's lighting. When it's bright out, her hair looks lighter. With low key lighting, it looks very dark.

What is the program you're using in the second screen ?

I like Zelda's hair color. We already have Princess Toadstool (I don't like calling her Peach) and Zero Suit Samus for those of you who like blondes.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What is the program you're using in the second screen ?
Game Ripper or something. It's for taking out renders and doing whatever with them. I have it installed lemme double check.

edit: It's called "Game Extractor"

Prax

This was certainly a pleasant surprise.

I love you, Zelda. XOXO

I'm hoping her down+B will get her a sword moveset. Her side+B can be light arrows.

Nintaiyo

Wow, I wonder what other characters will be revealed like this! Anyway, the Zelda model looks very good. I think some of you think her hair looks darker because she's missing the lighter highlights she had in TP. Other than that, the color is the same.

Keru_Shiri said:
She held her sword when
Ganondorf takes control of her and you fighter her
but never actually used it. Perhaps down + b conjures the sword? Eh, I'll guess we'll wait for the demo to find out.

She most definently uses her sword in the game.

Also that hair is just flat out ugly. I never noticed the mess on ZSS till now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom