• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
HOLY SHIT.

Just woke up. AND A ****ING NEW CHARACTER??? WHAT? He didn't even finish up the ones we know! :lol This is going to be crazy!

Nintaiyo said:
I would actually like to have alternate outfits like that. Instead of the traditional different colored outfits, I'd prefer it if they changed their costumes around. For example, Mario could have a Dr. Mario costume, Hawaiian shirt from sunshine, etc.

Me too, maybe even give special outfits for achieving stuff. Anyway Zelda looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Haunted

ant1532 said:
HOLY SHIT.

Just woke up. AND A ****ING NEW CHARACTER??? WHAT? He didn't even finish up the ones we know! :lol This is going to be crazy!
same.

And the model looks fantastic. I'm calling it right now - Sheik's out of the game. With two TP characters in there, there won't be any OoT characters, neither Young Link nor Sheik in Brawl. Sorry Sheik fans
never liked her much

Awsome, i lover her TP-design.
And:

NO Shiek!!!!
YEAH!

Now make Ganondorf use his sword and change HIM to be able to transform by down+B, into Ganon.

Zelda´s ultra smash is going to be awsome...how about summoning the light guardians, that then attack throughout the whole stage ^^

I don't understand why people are already ruling-out Sheik.

Just because they're using the most updated models of a character doesn't mean they are exactly that character.

What? Did you think they'd go a step back and use an older design of Zelda just so it matches up with Sheik? Sheik will probably get a remake aswell. The Zelda/Sheik combo is almost a staple of the game now, people would am cry if they got rid of it.

Or maybe this is just alot've wishful thinking! :[

ant1532

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
I don't understand why people are already ruling-out Sheik.

Just because they're using the most updated models of a character doesn't mean they are exactly that character.

What? Did you think they'd go a step back and use an older design of Zelda just so it matches up with Sheik? Sheik will probably get a remake aswell. The Zelda/Sheik combo is almost a staple of the game now, people would am cry if they got rid of it.

Or maybe this is just alot've wishful thinking! :[
Thing is the design is based off the TP Zelda. There was no Sheik in TP, and Sakurai said he is cutting out some Melee characters.

MasterMFauli said:
Awsome, i lover her TP-design.
And:

NO Shiek!!!!
YEAH!

Now make Ganondorf use his sword and change HIM to be able to transform by down+B, into Ganon.

Zelda´s ultra smash is going to be awsome...how about summoning the light guardians, that then attack throughout the whole stage ^^

I see that hope and fantasy's dream are reaching dangerous levels. The "problem" is that this game is really delivering A LOT of great suff. The sales could reach astronomicals levels.

SCReuter said:
Crazy late, but whatever, yet another Zelda comparision:

It's impressive how well they were able to replicate the Twilight Princess model, although it does seem like she had hair highlights before.

Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, no.
Replicate? It pretty much is the TP model.

Haunted

ant1532 said:
Thing is the design is based off the TP Zelda. There was no Sheik in TP, and Sakurai said he is cutting out some Melee characters.
exactly.

I'm 99% sure that Sheik is out. TP replaced OoT as basis for the Brawl characters. The nmore interesting question is: will Sakurai keep Young Link as an homage to the N64 Zeldas? Or is this a 'clean cut' from everything before TP and we won't see different Zelda titles mingle in Brawl?

I say Ganondorf will return in his TP form and that's it - making for a total of 3 Zelda characters in Brawl. Young Link just thrown out, not replaced by WW Link.

Haunted

Nexus Zero said:
I don't know, what with Phantom Hourglass coming out around that time in the west, and it'll probably be more popular than Twilight Princess in Japan.
It's a possibility... maybe they'll do Wind Waker Ganondorf as well, dividing the Zelda characters into two WW and two TP designs.

Jenga

Banned
Nexus Zero said:
I don't know, what with Phantom Hourglass coming out around that time in the west, and it'll probably be more popular than Twilight Princess in Japan.
Exactly. And I'm sure WW Link would be different enough to get him in. Not only would he be cel-shaded, but he'd have a different move set instead of directly copying Link.

Haunted One said:
It's a possibility... maybe they'll do Wind Waker Ganondorf as well, dividing the Zelda characters into two WW and two TP designs.
Now that's kinda unlikely...although if they do implement different costumes, a WW Ganon would be awesome.

Jenga

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
I don't see any proof in this update that we won't have sheik.... so I'll keep BELIEVIN'
Given Sheik's popularity, I'm willing to bet she'll be included. Does anyone even play Zelda?

ant1532

Banned
Jenga said:
Exactly. And I'm sure WW Link would be different enough to get him in. Not only would he be cel-shaded, but he'd have a different move set instead of directly copying Link.

Now that's kinda unlikely...although if they do implement different costumes, a WW Ganon would be awesome.
I'd rather have them do a wind waker Link and Ganondorf(he has two swords) as their own characters. They both can have their own moveset that derives from the game without having to make up crap.(Especially Link) But I guess it would be better than nothing to have those models as different costumes too cuz then Zelda can get some love too. Paper Mario would be such a great character btw as well as Captain Olimar

Branduil

Jenga said:
Given Sheik's popularity, I'm willing to bet she'll be included. Does anyone even play Zelda?
Sheik is popular because she's an overpowered character, not because she's some great original character that everybody loves.

ant1532 said:
I'd rather have them do a wind waker Link and Ganondorf(he has two swords) as their own characters. They both can have their own moveset that derives from the game without having to make up crap.(Especially Link) But I guess it would be better than nothing to have those models as different costumes too cuz then Zelda can get some love too. Paper Mario would be such a great character btw as well as Captain Olimar

I still hold out hope that instead of palette swaps they will have each of the alternates be varying versions of the character complete with adjust movesets. There's a couple of characters it wouldn't work with, but who cares really. If this game somehow manages to include Tetra it'll be the best thing ever.

Branduil said:
Sheik is popular because she's an overpowered character, not because she's some great original character that everybody loves.

Marth just said hi.

dfyb

Banned
Branduil said:
uh, not really. shiek is basically a nintendo ninja plot twist from what a lot of people think is the best game of all time.

Thoren

Banned
I'm pissed!

TP SPOILERS WARNING
I wanted BATTLE ACTION Zelda with crazy ass light sword and arrows. OMFG wouldnt it be awesome if they put in Evil Zelda from the end of TP? [/Fanboy]

Um, why do you think Zelda wont have light arrows?
They´re made of magic, so she doesnt have to carry a box. Also, when Link uses a bomb, the bomb pops out of nowhere as well :)

Kureishima said:
Cool new upgrade, bad new hair.

And this quote is totally nonsensical in nature by merely existing.

The hair is pretty much the same, with the absence of blond highlights in the Brawl version. But overall, the Brawl version is slightly more detailed. Zelda looks fantastic.

radiuhm

Wow that was a shocker, wasn't expecting to wake up to see a new char. Zelda's looking nice, wonder if she'll have anything new now that sheik is prolly gone. Like Ant stated just wouldn't make sense since Sheik isn't from TP.

ant1532

Banned
hamzik said:
This thread seriously has the greatest OP ever!
Thank you.
Alkaliine said:
QFT. It's freaking amazing.
And thank you
Alkaliine said:
The hair is pretty much the same, with the absence of blond highlights in the Brawl version. But overall, the Brawl version is slightly more detailed. Zelda looks fantastic.
It's actually the same proven by TSA

Branduil

dfyb said:
uh, not really. shiek is basically a nintendo ninja plot twist from what a lot of people think is the best game of all time.

How many OoT characters are in Brawl so far?

TP has supplanted OoT as the face of the Zelda franchise. Sheik is not in TP.

ant1532

Banned
Branduil said:
How many OoT characters are in Brawl so far?

TP has supplanted OoT as the face of the Zelda franchise. Sheik is not in TP.
Ok but you aren't even really talking on the same page he is. I mean he/she probably agrees with you...

hamzik said:
This thread seriously has the greatest OP ever!

I hadn't noticed before this, but yeah it's pretty incredible.

Maybe Zelda's Final Smash is based on the
possession at the end of Twilight Princess?

I agree that the alternative costumes should be reskins rather than recolours. For instance, now Wario is in the game it wouldn't make much sense to have Mario wear his old garb again. Dr Mario was fairly redundant so that'd make an interesting reskin. And for example, Link could wear the three different tunics from Twilight Princess and perhaps Dark Link (or leper Link, whatever you'd say he was in that cut-scene) could be the fourth.

Also if we're throwing around wishlists, reskinned SSB and SSB:M levels as unlockable bonuses are at the top of mine.

Branduil

ShockingAlberto said:
Reading through the last two pages is awesome. It's like every Sheik player went in to simultaneous, parallel denial.

I don't know why anybody didn't expect this. Sheik isn't a classic Zelda character, she's just a disguise Zelda uses in one Zelda game, which isn't the basis for the Brawl Zelda characters. It seems obvious to me that Zero Suit Samus is the "new" Sheik.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Branduil said:
I don't know why anybody didn't expect this. Sheik isn't a classic Zelda character, she's just a disguise Zelda uses in one Zelda game, which isn't the basis for the Brawl Zelda characters. It seems obvious to me that Zero Suit Samus is the "new" Sheik.

I thought this was accepted as the general opinion. :\

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Alright so since I'm in the camp that believes Sheik is no more...

Wouldn't it be cool if Zelda's new Down-B move still gives her access to a completely alternate moveset? What if Down B switches from your magic moveset to a brand new sword moveset! :)

And it could still be accompanied by the classic Secret/Discovery sound effect! (doo dooo dooo doo DOooodoodo!)

Branduil said:

Sheik is a great original character... Overpowered? I don't know... Maybe in professional tournaments, but as a "normal" player I didn't feel she was overpowered at all. She had great speed though and good combos.

I'm in denial too until I see proof :D

Kreed

I have to agree with others on Zelda not turning into Sheik anymore. It just wouldn't make sense from the Twilight Princess universe.

Either Sheik will be her own character, or someone like Zero Suit Samus will get Sheik's fighting style/moves. That would be for the best anyway, as having Zelda separate will allow them to balance out the character.

If Zero Suit Samus has indeed replaced Sheik in Brawl I hope she is immediately selectable instead of an in game Samus transformation after she does her Final Smash.

If she is immediately selectable and has Sheik's moveset then I see no reason why us Sheik fans should be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom