• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

WastingPenguins said:
guys if peach's hair isn't blonde i'm just going to KILL MYSELF whos with me?!
:lol damn straight!

Seriously, though - since Strikers, I'm convinced that Daisy > Peach.

And Sheik is out.

Nintendo should bring back the original hair colors. Peach should go back to being a redhead like she was in SMB. Samus should go back to being a greenhead like she was in Metroid. :)

Firestorm said:
Screw it, I'm not reading 5 pages of hair discussion. And I'm sure Sheik's still in. No way they'll take out the best down+b attack (Zelda's) in the game =O Of course keeping Sheik mean we'd also get the worst down+b attack (Sheik's) in the game =(

Bitter tears :D

Lord Phol

Yeah how do you guys even bother >.>, I mean hair? ... color?
and no one got my Trogdor reference either =7.

Thought the new zelda sure does look smashin baby.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Screw it, I'm not reading 5 pages of hair discussion. And I'm sure Sheik's still in. No way they'll take out the best down+b attack (Zelda's) in the game =O Of course keeping Sheik mean we'd also get the worst down+b attack (Sheik's) in the game =(
Shiek is still in, she's just called Zero Suit Samus now.

Firestorm said:

I still think there's hope for Shiek as a separate unlockable character. I'm pretty sure the idea of Shiek as a down+b went bye bye as soon as they decided to go with TP Zelda.

Firestorm said:
Dude, changing into Princess Zelda was the only way to save your ass when you get knocked off screen some of the time.

ant1532

Banned
According to _leech_ EGM's August issue says in the rumor section that Smash is using Havok physics.

I'm not believein that though since we've already seen videos of it playin and it looks nothing like it and I'm pretty sure EGM is way off.

Just for a bit of fun...

peach-set.jpg

zelda-set.jpg

zelda.jpg

Ok, I normally don't like the more 'realistic' looking models, but this is mighty fine! And I'm not talking bout teh sexy, but really, very gracious and detailed and all. Classy! :)

Haunted

nice Peach/Zelda art, Muffin - only missing Peach's skankiest outfit - from Mario Strikers.

Just for fun, the new EGM has a rumour that Brawl will use the havok physics engine. What do you guys think about that rumour?

Didn't one of the crates in the crates & barrel update move down a slope when Pikachu jumped on it?

edit: found a picture of Peach's Strikers outfit

MrCheez said:
I brought this up a few pages back, but I highly highly doubt ZSSamus will have anything to do with the Final Smash.

Final Smash looks to be some sort of random item. I just can't see an entire character requiring an item to be collected in order to use. And what if you can turn Final Smashes off in the options (which I'm sure you will be able to)? Then it's impossible to play as ZSSamus in those matches?

I agree totally. Logic dictates that Zero Samus cannot just be a final smash transformation, it makes very little sense to design an entire character around a mechanic that dictates limited usage. So I definitely agree, I just want confirmation that Zero Samus is really a clone of Sheik.

pswii60

So, in EGM this month it is rumoured that Nintendo will be using Havok Physics. I'd be surprised at this as Nintendo generally do all development parts of their engine in-house. What do you guys think?

Haunted

pswii60 said:
So, in EGM this month it is rumoured that Nintendo will be using Havok Physics. I'd be surprised at this as Nintendo generally do all development parts of their engine in-house. What do you guys think?
>_<

2 posts above yours (and a couple above mine). :lol

jrricky

Banned
OMG. WOOOOOW. This model of Zelda is beautiful. The best Brawl model ever followed by Fox. If most games look like or will look this on the Wii, it is even more easier to not give a damn about next gen graphics....THIS IS NEXT GEN BABEEEEE.:) :D

Firestorm

ant1532 said:
According to _leech_ EGM's August issue says in the rumor section that Smash is using Havok physics.

I'm not believein that though since we've already seen videos of it playin and it looks nothing like it and I'm pretty sure EGM is way off.

That would be bullshit as one of the Smash series' signature traits is its unique physics engine.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
zoku88 said:
You know, everything about her will prolly change in Brawl. You can't expect characters to be in the same tier as they were before....
Luigi says "hi" :)

GaimeGuy

I said it before, but none of what we've seen so far confirms anything about whether or not sheik is in the game. She could still be in the game as a separate character, or the down-B transformation could still be there (although, the transformation wouldn't make sense).

Just because ZSM had some of Sheik's normal attacks doesn't mean anything, either, since things were recycled among characters in Melee (Ganondorf and Dr. Mario's forward airs, Zelda and Peach's models, about half of Kirby & Jigglypuff's animations...)

Souldriver said:
zelda.jpg

Ok, I normally don't like the more 'realistic' looking models, but this is mighty fine! And I'm not talking bout teh sexy, but really, very gracious and detailed and all. Classy! :)

I agree. The art design is awesome and we can say that she's simple.....very very nice. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Zeed

Banned
Speaking of Peach, I hope they add some moves from Super Princess Peach. I mean there's enough from that game for an entire moveset. At least replace her side-B Toad (worst move ever, imo) with Rage or Gloom. Joy would also make a perfect Up-B. Oh, and update her parasol:

f_parasolsmm_751b2ab.jpg

Branduil

Why would Sheik be in as a separate character? The only reason to keep her in would be for fanboys, but considering
-Sakurai's statement that some characters will not return
-The fact that no other OoT characters have been shown
-ZSS resemblance to Sheik in her moveset
it's extremely unlikely that Sheik will return.

Branduil said:
Why would Sheik be in as a separate character? The only reason to keep her in would be for fanboys, but considering

:lol you really want Sheik out, don't you.

Firestorm

Branduil said:

Countered by Sheik's overwhelming popularity.
I mean, she's like a NINJA

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
GaimeGuy said:
I said it before, but none of what we've seen so far confirms anything about whether or not sheik is in the game. She could still be in the game as a separate character, or the down-B transformation could still be there (although, the transformation wouldn't make sense).

Tsk tsk... you are using logic again! Threads like these are only for rampant and silly speculation, haven't you heard?

I agree with GaimeGuy here -- there is really nothing to indicate that Sheik is out of the game -- Zelda's alternate persona was always shown as a unique character before, and there is no reason to assume she wouldn't be now.

When SSBM was about to come out, it seemed like half the universe was convinced that not "all" the SSB characters would return because early screenshots didn't show them all in the roster, nor were all of them mentioned... and what do you know, Luigi and the like did reappear.

Yes, I know, we were told certain characters weren't returning -- I'm just trying to figure out how that equates to removing an entire movement set from an existing character (which is what removing Sheik would be). Clones are the obvious characters set to vanish -- that or Pichu.

As far as "SHEIK MUST BE OUT BECAUSE ZELDA DIDN'T TRANSFORM IN TP" -- come on now, really. This is Super Smash Bros.. Kirby never gained Mario's power before, the Fire Flower never spat out clouds of flames before, Ness never did backflips in the air, amd Captain Falcon was never out of a car before. Do you REALLY think that "story" details will have -any- impact on a Smash Bros. game?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
DavidDayton said:
Yes, I know, we were told certain characters weren't returning -- I'm just trying to figure out how that equates to removing an entire movement set from an existing character (which is what removing Sheik would be).

Thats the thing - it looks really likely that Zero Suit Samus has been given Sheik's moveset.

Zeed

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
You mean neutral-B, side-B is her Peach Bomber move.
Yes, silly me. Come to think of it, Peach Bomber doesn't really come from any game, does it? Replace with Rage please. And replace Toad with Gloom.

Firestorm said:
Countered by Sheik's overwhelming popularity.
I mean, she's like a NINJA

Then put in Uchiha Sasuke. Looks like a girl and is currently so ridiculous strong that it souldnt be a problem to travel to a different universe...

papercut

DavidDayton said:
As far as "SHEIK MUST BE OUT BECAUSE ZELDA DIDN'T TRANSFORM IN TP" -- come on now, really. This is Super Smash Bros.. Kirby never gained Mario's power before, the Fire Flower never spat out clouds of flames before, Ness never did backflips in the air, amd Captain Falcon was never out of a car before. Do you REALLY think that "story" details will have -any- impact on a Smash Bros. game?

You're kinda reaching here. If there's any transforming going on in the Zelda universe this time around, it's probably going to be Link -> wolf. TP Zelda transforming into Sheikh makes way too little sense, even in the Smash universe. It makes a heck of a lot less sense than Captain Falcon fighting or ness doing backflips. If anything, Sheikh will be her own character (also kinda doubtful given ZS Samus' apparent style).

GaimeGuy

MrCheez said:
Thats the thing - it looks really likely that Zero Suit Samus has been given Sheik's moveset.
READ MY POST.

we saw two or three of her attacks. YES, they were Sheik's animations, but SEVERAL ANIMATIONS WERE RECYCLED AMONG DIFFERENT CHARACTERS IN MELEE.

the clones, mario & luigi, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf (forward air), kirby and jigglypuff, and others.

There is NO conclusive evidence about Sheik not being in the game. Only wild speculation.

Jiggy

Regarding the hair color thing, I hope Zelda has a blonde alternate just to mess with all of you who think one or the other should be canonical. :p

if we're gonna talk about Peach, I wonder if Bowser will be back? Better yet, Giga Bowser, he was awesome.

by the way I just made this post as an excuse to post this awesome picture I found because I don't think it constitutes a whole new thread:

bush_bowser.jpg

Dr.Hadji

MasterMFauli said:
Then put in Uchiha Sasuke. Looks like a girl and is currently so ridiculous strong that it souldnt be a problem to travel to a different universe...

Hahah keep those comments on the Narutofan board where they belong. Deidara was never that cool anyhow. Which reminds me, I hope the give Mewtwo substitute so I can do some sweet bunshin combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom