• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Blah, if this is true what was with Reggie saying we'll "see and hear" more this week? If he was simply referring to the Dojo updates... it was kind of a misleading way to put it. :(

I don't want to take the Dojo updates for granted, because they are great, I just wish I had known not to get myself hyped up for some sort of big E3 reveal or full-length new trailer.

Economan

Speevy said:
Tonight: Different colored Yoshis!

That sounds good, but I think I'd settle for...

UPDATE: Capsules

Capsules can hold an item, but sometimes they are also explosive!

Capsules also have different looks depending on stage!

What's this, a capsule for Wario? Oh no, it was a bomb all along!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I'm guessing we'll be seeing DK's Final Smash, and it will have something to do with Barrels or Bongos.

What I would like to see is Ness. Although I doubt it will happen :(
(Or an EarthBound stage, perhaps? Please?)

Ydahs

Suburban Cowboy said:
This game is not comming out in 2007.
info01_070712b.gif

Edit: Wrong quote :p

scottnak

Syth_Blade22 said:
wii fit control method update!
smash bros delayed so that sakurai can work on wii fit!
take your pick.
Unfunny and INCREDIBLY played out.
Absolutely sick of it.

Anyhow. Here's hoping for some Kirby goodness. No more abusing the lil' guy. Let him give out the abuse!

scottnak

Keru_Shiri said:
I think a balance board control method added will be all that's needed to send GAF into total madness.

EDIT: Sorry Scottnak :(
Heh. Don't be sorry. I dunno, just having to wade through that all day... this is a nice haven to escape eh?

Koomaster said:
Keeping with tradition, it should be a Donkey Kong inspired stage tonight.

I wasn't a fan of the DK stages in Melee, hopefully we see a big improvement. I would like a JB one. And something from Hot Top Volcano (I think that's the name) or Gangplank Galleon or something.

scottnak said:
Heh. Don't be sorry. I dunno, just having to wade through that all day... this is a nice haven to escape eh?
Agreed, GAF's reaction was a little much, hopefully tonight's Japan Time will be the first step towards burying this.

Alkaliine said:
I wasn't a fan of the DK stages in Melee, hopefully we see a big improvement. I would like a JB one. And something from Hot Top Volcano (I think that's the name) or Gangplank Galleon or something.
Seconded, I would love to see some DKC2 inspired stages, not to mention some remixed music. DKC2 had one of my favorite scores from the SNES era.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Smashville!

animal crossing stage!

Wait a second... Is this...an Animal Crossing stage?! And the name...well... Go ahead and poke fun if you must.

stage06_070713a-l.jpg

This should be a familiar sight to Animal Crossing fans.

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossing—even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii’s internal clock.

stage06_070713b-l.jpg

This is not the relaxing pace of any small town I know...

stage06_070713c-l.jpg

Hmm, it sure is dark.

And what do you think of all those guests hanging out? There sure are a lot. It’s like they all came to watch the big event.

stage06_070713d-l.jpg

But there’s more...

If you play a match here on Saturday at 8PM...

Oh, I’m too excited to even say it!

stage06_070713e-l.jpg

That’s right, a live performance. It’s a good time to be alive...

The M.O.B

WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWWOWOOW
Wait a second... Is this...an Animal Crossing stage?! And the name...well... Go ahead and poke fun if you must.

stage06_070713a.jpg

This should be a familiar sight to Animal Crossing fans.

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossing—even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii’s internal clock.

stage06_070713b.jpg

This is not the relaxing pace of any small town I know...

stage06_070713c.jpg

Hmm, it sure is dark.

And what do you think of all those guests hanging out? There sure are a lot. It’s like they all came to watch the big event.

stage06_070713d.jpg

And look, there’s the busy barista, serving coffee to the spectators.

But there’s more...

If you play a match here on Saturday at 8PM...

Oh, I’m too excited to even say it!

stage06_070713e.jpg

That’s right, a live performance. It’s a good time to be alive...

SumGamer said:
OMG SATURDAY 8PM

stage06_070713e.jpg

I know, this is so awesome, KK Slider in Smash its just too much, I will play this game every Saturday at 8pm just for this.

oh man, how cool would it be if KK Slider starts playing your characters theme when you do well.

ohamsie

Interesting that leaf looks like it would be an icon for an animal crossing character, but I see K.K. Slider, Tortimer, and Tom Nook already but those are the only characters I could see being eligible to be fighters.

PkunkFury

HELL YES!!!!

Tom Nook playable is almost confirmed!!! Animal Crossing Leaf is symbol #15!!! Is he in the background of this stage? aw crap he is... never mind :(

Speevy

Banned
Juwanna Peezadis said:
Animal Crossing stage=win. Will this be the first time a stage is based off a franchise that has no playable characters in Smash?

I was hoping they'd include K.K. Slider, but apparently not.

Well, this is a day/night internal clock stage that everyone was clamoring for when Battlefield was revealed. It seems Nintendo took it up a step by adding timed events.

Very nice touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom