• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with spr0sk. Has to be a generic enemy.

But you know what? I hope that this game puts characters in plot positions. Like, Meta Knight in his typical fights-anyone-who-gets-in-his-way attitude.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What's up with this?: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/index.html

title_03b.gif

It's labeled the index of "Mode A" so yeah, single-player story mode sounds about right.

So what? No Master Hand anymore? Is that purple puppet looking thing the boss now?

It looks to be tethered to something too. See the cord connected to it's head.

celebi23

The first couple of screenshots look like they came from the intro to Melee (posewise). Maybe this new "game mode" will sorta flesh out why all of these characters are even fighting in the first place? But, do we really need a reason to pit Pikachu versus Final Smash Giga Bowser? :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Big Icarus said:
So what? No Master Hand anymore? Is that purple puppet looking thing the boss now?

It looks to be tethered to something too. See the cord connected to it's head.

Oh yeah. So he's like a puppet. Kinda.

In this world, trophies fight...

They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.

This is definitely the game's intro... or the intro to the story mode portion of the game. Maybe this game will have a very loose storyline like the Mortal Kombats, with Metaknight being the equivalent of one of the villains.

Baryn

Banned
Perhaps Mario and Friends are trying to escape their trophy-bound destiny, and Meta Knight is the leader of some kind of police force.

Nintaiyo

Sakurai, you little tease. Now I'm going to have to wait all weekend wondering about this before the next update. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

salva said:
maybe meta knight last boss?

Nah. Meta Knight's never been an evil guy, so that'd be silly. And with his creator at the helm, I doubt they'll do it.

Baryn said:
Perhaps Mario and Friends are trying to escape their trophy-bound destiny, and Meta Knight is the leader of some kind of police force.

NO, bad. Meta Knight's a defender of truth and justice!!

I think what happened is Mario and Kirby fought and Mario won. Kirby was supposed to be turned back in to a trophy, but Mario saves him and they book it for somewhere else. Whatever the law is in the Smash universe that has them turn in to trophies is like "Bitch you got problems now" and heads after them.

ohamsie

My guess is Meta Knight is the one who distrupted the order of this world (whatever that may be) because he doesn't play by the rules. So now all the other characters are fighting to get free from this world or something like that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
salva said:
maybe meta knight last boss?

Yeah, maybe you unlock him as a playable character when you beat the story mode (and hence beat Meta-Knight) for the first time. That's why he hasn't been officially revealed as a character on the site -- he's unlockable!

scottnak

Wow. What a mysterious update...
Sakurai sure knows how to leave us wanting more...
1P mode sounds good... still... weird!

? ? ?

A Link to the Snitch said:
Nah. Meta Knight's never been an evil guy, so that'd be silly. And with his creator at the helm, I doubt they'll do it.
Yeah. Metaknight only fights when he has to, he's not evil. More often than not, he helps Dreamland. The one time he tried to take it over was because he thought it needed a ruler and, when Kirby showed him it didn't, he gave up. If anything, I'd say Metaknight's probably helping Mario and Kirby.

Though, he'd probably also test their strength...

WTF?? It wouldn't be "???" if it were simply the intro to the game. ONLINE MODE PERHAPS??? LOOK AT THE BIG FLOATING STADIUM.

Meh, I don't get this shit.

ohamsie said:
My guess is Meta Knight is the one who distrupted the order of this world (whatever that may be) because he doesn't play by the rules. So now all the other characters are fighting to get free from this world or something like that.

I LOVE this post, I'll read it again!

That's all Meta Knight does in the series. He's a good guy in the anime, and in the Japanese version of KSS, he's trying to overthrow Dedede and save Dream Land (despite the shoddy character change).

SumGamer

I think, its a newmode that youplay to obtain new trophies.

You mightstart with a few support trophies then after you beat one they turn into a trophy for you to use in other modes. Or it could be just some archievement for you guys to have fun collecting them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
DefectiveReject said:
modea01_070720h.jpg

Those are the rules of this world.

But...

When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...

Forbidden love?

SumGamer said:

You mightstart with a few support trophies then after you beat one they turn into a trophy for you to use in other modes. Or it could be just some archievement for you guys to have fun collecting them.

or maybe the trophies you unlock are characters you can use?

SumGamer said:

Then what's with the mysterious ****ING QUESTIONS MARKS? Did Sakurai just not know what to name this trophy achievement collection mode?? Thing!

It'd be pretty cool if all trophies (hopefully at least 300 of them) were fully animated, and you had to fight them.

Not only would they be animated in the trophy display, but you could hypothetically shark them as playable!

voodoojohn said:
Then what's with the mysterious ****ING QUESTIONS MARKS? Did Sakurai just not know what to name this trophy achievement collection mode?? Thing!
He probably intends to unveil it in pieces and give us a name at the end.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
fernoca said:
It looks realtime though...who knows..
It's definitely CG, not sure how you can say it looks realtime given all the screens we've seen already.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Great update. It leaves questions to be answered. This is the new Story Mode, probably.

A. Mario and Kirby break the rules by doing something other than fighting. The world starts to turn dark.

B1. Meta Knight has also broken the rules and he's doing his own thing.

B2 (alternative). The owner of the trophies sends a "bad guy", Meta Knight, to defeat the rule breakers.

C. Mario and Kirby are confronted by an unknown character. Most likely the thing is there to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom