• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
even tho this is most likely the 'plot' for the game, I think it would be a cool game mode where you fight an endless amount of characters unlocking their trophies or them as assist characters, something like that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, obviously I don't like 99% of Faulis postings, but this time I have to agree with him - tasteless, but (imo) funny and I've read much uglier things regarding homosexuality/naziworld/war-stuff here. So don't ban.

And now, back to Smash Bros ;)

You really think SSBB´s storywill revolve around MetaKnight?
I doubt that.
To me that really looks like the online-mode, with the strange new character being a guy like Mr. Resetti from the Animal Crossing-games, that somehow punishes players that disconnect on purpose or such.

MasterMFauli said:
I doubt that.
To me that really looks like the online-mode, with the strange new character being a guy like Mr. Resetti from the Animal Crossing-games, that somehow punishes players that disconnect on purpose or such.

Thaaaat's certainly not a stretch.

fernoca

MasterMFauli said:
I doubt that.
Kinda...
It does sound a litle about being an online mode..it goes well around with only showing 2 characters battling, were even the-similar intro of Melee managed to show the other 2 characters at some point....and there were rumors of the online mode being 2-players only.

Though it brings the question...why the Meta-Knight ship?
Unless is a whole concept...of maybe others can watch you play online, as you wait for your turn to fight..and those that disconnect and try to connect again receive the "bad thing".. (like having that character they disconnected turned into that generic purple character for a few days)

Who knows..

MasterMFauli said:

Yes, Sakurai has a huge crush on Meta Knight.

He's admitted several times in the past it's his favorite character he created and is attached to it.

Proven

Haven't posted here in a while...

As for the story, I'm thinking that either there's some random dark power/evil thing going around, or it's just as simple as "new trophies", basically the Newcomers, forcing their way into the battle and trying to take over. But then for that to be possible you'd have to have at least half of the available characters to be Newcomer characters.

Hmm, decisions, decisions. I wonder where Sakurai is going with this...

Lé Blade Runner said:
Now this is an odd update... Argh. And right before a weekend.

The man knows how to make suspsense.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
MasterMFauli said:
Uh, lol, why?
Nazi-jokes all around, so no problem. Take it easy :p
I just found those "i can see Bowser in the smoke"-comments funny.

I wish you didn't remove it. Can you send me a PM with the image so I can use it as my background picture. Its damn funny.

Nintaiyo

OMG HAY GUYZ LOOK AT THIZ!11
cloudssky-1.jpg

Seriously, go to this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com./showthread.php?t=109959

If these guys turn out to be right, well....:lol

Ironman11

Although none of them are featured in this update, maybe the third-party characters are the ones who have broken those rules of the world.

Alpha_eX

Kreed said:
Metaknight the main villain? No way. Those Giant hands are involved in this somehow.

modea01_070720k-l.jpg

This guy is probally one of the villains. That crazy smashbros board claims to see Ridley in the clouds aswell.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Magique said:
ITS PAC-MAN

4p9ucmg.png

PLAYABLE OMG OMG OM

G

There seems to be some sort of penis and balls next to Pacman. It appears there will be some sort of pictochat character.

BigFwoosh

I dunno, I can see how they're saying that Ridley and Bowser are in the clouds and all... but I think it's more of a coincidence. If not, pretty sweet. I won't get my hopes up though (as much as I would like to).

Well... I see Ridley in the clouds now :eek:
And Bowser too.

I'd be surprised if it was a coincidence, but it may be just that. Anyway, that's not important. This update intrigues me. I believe it may be the story mode.

Haunted

Just when I thought the updates would lose a bit of steam... Sakurai blows it out of the water again. ****ing :O :O

Co-op story mode??
maybe.

BorkBork said:
Forbidden love?
:lol :lol

Teasel said:

LMAO.

Probably just the opening cinematic. Mario and Kirby's hand-shake makes me think there is a co-op mode in this game thought, it'd be easy enough to do.

.....also perhaps that weird character is a totally huge Super Mario Galaxy spoiler? Is he from anything?

Ok, here's my crackpot theory.

I say that this is one of the online modes that incorporates some ideas of betting.

I think that the only characters able to fight in this online mode will be characters for which you've gotten a trophy, by completing the single player portion with them, for example.

Then, when you select this online mode, you choose one of the trophies of the characters you've gotten from the single player to fight. The winner of the online mode match gets to keep the trophy of his/her opponent as a badge of honor that will be displayed in some sort of stat that other players can see.

The loser of the match loses the trophy for that character and cannot play that character online again until he gets the trophy again from single player mode.

And if this turns out to be completely wrong, I say they go back and add it in because this would be completely awesome.

Haunted One said:
I'm 100% sure it is.

The question is, what does it foreshadow/imply for the game and its game modes?

oic

My guess is that the Adventure mode (or whatever its called) is going to start out with a typical day in Nintendoland with everyone beating the crap out of each other. Then, Meta-Knight's ship appears and everyone in Nintendoland stares at the ominous spacecraft. The unknown character from the last screenshot suddenly pops out of nowhere and says that Meta-Knight is taking over Nintendoland.

Thus begins Meta-Knight's conquest of Nintendoland and the player character is going to go through each Nintendoland locale, fighting off hordes of bad guys from that certain locale, and eventually battling the enemy boss of that certain locale. After Nintendoland is rescued, the PC will have to battle his/her way through Meta-Knight's ship, eventually meeting Meta-Knight. An epic battle ensues and soon the real enemy appears: Master Hand.

NeonZ

An epic battle ensues and soon the real enemy appears: Master Hand.

Master Hand wasn't even the final enemy in SSBM's adventure mode... nor the event mode... nor the All-Star mode... I think the Hands will be restricted to the Classic Mode.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This Topic will be of pure awesome and evil. Mark my words.

46a0d1b602aa5.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been on the road for a week now with my family as we have travelled from the UK to Sweden by car so I've finally caught up with Japan Time.

I must say seeing this update confused the hell out of me when the page first loaded up. I first thought something drastic had happened to the website when I found myself scrolling further and further and still not raeching the next update.

Now it's time for a long period of catching up on any news I've missed over the week.

NeonZ

Looking at that picture again, the purple creature seems to have a lower number of polygons than the real characters, just look at its hand. The fighting wireframes weren't really so poor compared to them, so I don't think that's their replacement. There is no other reason for the poor hand. It doesn't look like one of the Fighting Polygons from the original SSB either. So, that's probably one of the enemies of the 1P mode.

usea

At first he looked to me like he could be somebody from chibi robo or cubivore. But he doesn't actually resemble anybody from those games I don't think.

MasterMFauli said:
I doubt that.
No offense, but this is the dumbest theory I've read. Sonic in the clouds is more believable.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
This update was a further explanation of the storyline for this game, and expounded on the first E3 trailer.

How on earth did you guys misconstrue this to be an exclusive online-trophy battle mode?

rocK`

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
Ok, so we ´ll make a bet:

I say, SSBB will have an online-mode
You say, SSBB will have a flying Sonic

ok

I think he was hounding more on your resetti tangent more than online-mode.

But that's a pretty narrow minded way to continue this debate, so i'll just sit back with a popcorn and enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom