• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Damn, I was hoping the Ice Climbers type stages wouldn't make an appearance, oh well...

I WILL SAY THIS. When Super Smash Brawl comes out, it is not only the next smash, it will be the first time we will get SUPER SMASH ONLINE. Just reading that makes me wet . I will not leave the house, I will play the Animal Crossing stage at 8pm on Saturday to watch that little ****ing dog sing, this game will ROCK!

Seriously speaking though, I can only hope that Nintendo does Smash Online right, with leaderboard rankings, tournament modes (yes!!), friends list, challenge lobbies, stat and record keeping, etc. If they can pull it off in this way, 1-4 player Smash Online will be multiplayer game of the year. Believe that.

Somnid

Doesn't this stage have just as much in common with Rainbow Cruise as Icicle Mountain? Icicle Mountain had that whole endless level, reverse direction and varying speeds, whilst Rainbow Cruise was a circular level at a set direction and speed. I'd say it's more fair to compare it to the latter.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I want them to reveal Meta Knights profile and get it out of the way already! The sooner the better but they keep delaying it.

Jiggy

I was playing GX last night and I'm in an F-Zero mood, so I'll go out on a limb and say Captain Falcon's theme song.

It's Yoshi.

According to the Italian site at least.

http://www.smashbros.com/it/index.html

yoshi.jpg

yoshi_070724a-l.jpg

yoshi_070724b-l.jpg

yoshi_070724c-l.jpg

yoshi_070724d-l.jpg

NOOOOOOO! NO NO NO!! The model for Yoshi in Melee was PERFECT! Why did they f*ck it up and make him the shitty Yoshi's Story version?

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!

MrNibbles

Banned
Yoshi’s back and bursting with personality! He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?

NO IT ISN'T

US Site update text:

Yoshi’s back and bursting with personality! He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?

Edit: Dang, posted it at the same time.

Golden Darkness said:
US Site update text:

Edit: Dang, posted it at the same time.

What the... how the holy hell is THAT gonna work? If there's one awesome thing that came from this update, it's confirmation that the mechanics of some old moves are being changed and reworked. Awesome!

Plus Yoshi looks sweet. I like his skin texture.

DarkKyo

WordAssassin said:
NOOOOOOO! NO NO NO!! The model for Yoshi in Melee was PERFECT! Why did they f*ck it up and make him the shitty Yoshi's Story version?

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!

WHAT?! I think he looked so crappy in Melee.. Seriously, he didn't look like Yoshi what-so-ever.

At least he actually looks like the Yoshi I know and love, now.

I just realized...

With this update, the non-secret chars of the first game(Mario, Yoshi, Link, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Fox, Samus, Pikachu) are all confirmed.

What the hell happened to the saddle that's on Yoshi's back? You can't even sit on that anymore!

Also, I'm glad he's out of the way now. We can maybe move on to some more interesting character profiles soon, at least as soon as we see all the veteran characters re-appear.

Dechaios said:
WHAT?! I think he looked so crappy in Melee.. Seriously, he didn't look like Yoshi what-so-ever.

At least he actually looks like the Yoshi I know and love, now.
What the f*ck are you talking about? He looked like a realistic Yoshi's Island in Melee. After Yoshi's Island Nintendo buttf*cked Yoshi and made him a shitty little child. God dammit I hate the Yoshi's Story look and what it's done to the character soooo much. Seriously whever I see it I'm just filled with anger. Nintendo got it right in YI! Why did they feel the need to change him?

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom