• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?

It's like they are trying to act like Mother never existed anywhere.

*sigh*
Actually it's not called MOTHER in the US. It's Earthbound over here, remember.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Zeed said:
The FE pattern was completely different - they just sprung Ike on us out of nowhere and followed up with an FE stage. Then came the Subspace Megaton. Still, maybe Lucas will show up next week, he's overdue already.

True, I think because of how blatant an item it is theres more to it. But then again Samurai Goroh didnt lead to any F-Zero updates so maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see.

So, that's a new "game" icon for us on this post. This one's labelled #7, bringing the count to...

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

IceIpor

You know... they can't reveal EVERYONE before the game even releases. (Well, they could.)

If we're (un)lucky, perhaps Lucas or Ness will be a secret character that you need to unlock.

Somnid

Zeed said:
With a completely different moveset. Your point?

So clearly there's an effort to internationalize. It's not to say things from Mother 3 can't appear but they will cater inclusions to a broader audience if possible.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Is that list still missing any series that were in Melee?

[edit] To answer my own question, that list is only missing the icons for Ice Climbers and Game & Watch. There are also two empty spaces between Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing!

[double edit] y'all beat me, ha

I don't know whether I'm okay with the flood of new weapons (assuming they also bring back the old ones). I mean, it gets to a point where I won't even know what each weapon does, and friends and newcomers will continue to ask 'what does THIS one do?'.

Good thing they can be turned off. It will be fun to mix and match, nontheless.

Zeed

Banned
APZonerunner said:
So, that's a new "game" icon for us on this post. This one's labelled #7, bringing the count to...

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
Ice Climbers
14. Game and Watch
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Snake? Snake! Snaaake!
18. Kid Icarus
So far the "Pattern" is proving true. 1-11 are franchises from the original SSB. 12-14 will probably be Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, the two franchises that were introduced in SSBM (unless I'm forgetting one). That leaves 15-? to be franchises completely new to SSBB.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
sp0rsk said:
Why wouldn't they use the main character from Mother 3?

I would be all for it if that means that Mike Jones from StarTropics could be in seeing that the Japanese never got that. Actually, I would rather have Ness since Ness also has been the other 2 and also have Mike Jones. And Little Mac or Glass Joe. And Uncle Scrooge.

Zeed said:
So far the "Pattern" is proving true. 1-11 are franchises from the original SSB. 12-13 will probably be Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, the two franchises that were introduced in SSBM (unless I'm forgetting one). That leaves 14-? to be franchises completely new to SSBB.
Fourteen or seventeen is probably Snake, unless the third parties go past the numbers we already have.

Zeed said:
So far the "Pattern" is proving true. 1-11 are franchises from the original SSB. 12-13 will probably be Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, the two franchises that were introduced in SSBM (unless I'm forgetting one). That leaves 14-? to be franchises completely new to SSBB.
Maybe the "Wars" games, or considering the success, maybe something from the Brain Training games will appear and use that slot.

---

I think it was speculated that third party stuff goes beyond that icon list, and I'm inclined to believe that. I mean Nintendo has to include some new franchise characters in this game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, so we can reasonably assume the final list will look like this:

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
13. Ice Climbers
14. Game & Watch
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Metal Gear Solid
18. Kid Icarus
19. Sonic/Mega Man/Viewtiful Joe/something/nothing at all

Zeed

Banned
Okay just about filled out the list as we know it. Seventeen might be something else, but right now the only franchise we know of but is missing an icon is MGS, so I put Snake down. Sakurai promised more third parties, so we know the list extends further. Just by looking at this, though, we can tell that we're getting a lot more new franchises than SSBM provided.

Jiggy

I'm still holding out hope for the Advance Wars wrench as 17, and then all third-party characters to be outside those first 18. Possibly with some kind of special numbering system.

Somnid

Well it'd make the most sense that unlockables and third party stuff will proabably be last on the list, so that means that that there a good chance that at least one more Nintendo franchise will be represented.

I'm hoping it's more like this:

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
13. Ice Climbers
14. Game & Watch
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Advance Wars (CO Andy as a playable character)
18. Kid Icarus
19. Metal Gear
20. Street Fighter
21. Sonic the Hedgehog

Zeed

Banned
Somnid said:
Well It'd make the most sense that unlockables and third party stuff will proabably be last on the list, so that means that that there a good chance that at least one more Nintendo franchise will be represented.
We can't know for sure until that slot is filled or something from MGS is revealed. But you may well be right.

So, we've got potentially one more Nintendo franchise yet to be represented. Speculation? Advance Wars might make sense...but what else is there?

I forgot where I read it, but someone said that maybe #17 would be Pikmin. Sounds reasonable to me because other than Advance Wars I can't seem to think of many other 1st party games from Nintendo.

edit: Person below pointed out a lot that I forgot...so...sleepy :lol

Zeed said:
We can't know for sure until that slot is filled or something from MGS is revealed. But you may well be right.

So, we've got potentially one more Nintendo franchise yet to be represented. Speculation? Advance Wars might make sense...but what else is there?

Battalion Wars
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo
Wave Race
Mach Rider
PUNCH-OUT!!
Forever Blue
OUENDAN
Brain training
Nintendogs
PIKMIN
Baten Kaitos(they own this now right?)
Trace memory
Hotel Dusk

and more

Zeed

Banned
archangel565 said:
I forgot where I read it, but someone said that maybe #17 would be Pikmin. Sounds reasonable to me because other than Advance Wars I can't seem to think of many other 1st party games from Nintendo.
Pikmin, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, that's about all that comes to mind as probably candidates.

But something else just occurred to me - Animal Crossing is getting a stage, but it looks highly unlikely that it will be represented by a character. Yet it has a logo. Might we be getting logos for every game that is represented by a stage/item, and not necessarily a playable character?

Zeed said:
Pikmin, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, that's about all that comes to mind as probably candidates.

But something else just occurred to me - Animal Crossing is getting a stage, but it looks highly unlikely that it will be represented by a character. Yet it has a logo. Might we be getting logos for every game that is represented by a stage/item, and not necessarily a playable character?
I doubt it since DR Wright got the smash logo
EDIT--
actually he didn't and Ninendog has his own logo too

Zeed

Banned
Dark Ninja said:
I doubt it since DR Wright got the smash logo
EDIT--
actually he didn't and Ninendog has his own logo too
Actually he did! Samurai Goroh and Knuckle Joe do use the Captain Falcon and Kirby logos respectively, but Wright uses the generic Smash logo. So the question now is...is this merely a fluke with Assist Trophies, or are they really going to give us an Animal Crossing playable character? I can't imagine how that'd work if it's not Nook or KK.

Zeed said:
Actually he did! Samurai Goroh and Knuckle Joe do use the Captain Falcon and Kirby logos respectively, but Wright uses the generic Smash logo. So the question now is...is this merely a fluke with Assist Trophies, or are they really going to give us an Animal Crossing playable character? I can't imagine how that'd work if it's not Nook or KK.
Yeah I checked the official site and they have the smash logos
I got confused by the 1st page of this thread with alll the info someone made logos for them

I think the most probable is generic Boy or Girl
Because KK and nook appear in the AC level

justchris

Zeed said:

I would go with Punch Out or Pikmin before I'd begin to think Advance Wars is a possibility. Either would be fine by me.

Jackano

Just one idea i had while replaying Pikmin 2 last week...

What do you think of Olimar and Louie as playables characters both at the same time, like Ice Climbers?

Awesome item! Does anyone else think that this is a bit weird though? How they've seemingly disregarded the name Earthbound and are now just using Mother?

Maybe the Mother 1,2 and 3 releases aren't impossible after all?

Dark Ninja said:
They probably will
I doubt Ness will return unless they have a completly different moveset

Ness better MFing return wth his old moveset! he's my favorite character by far

if DK remains and Ness goes, the very thought of make head explode

Ashodin

It's not kirby unless...

evilkirby.jpg

Jackano said:
Just one idea i had while replaying Pikmin 2 last week...

What do you think of Olimar and Louie as playables characters both at the same time, like Ice Climbers?

The best idea involving playable Pikmin would be Olimar himself with his attacks involving throwing pikmins he picks from the ground. Louie would likely be an AT or something.

Richelieu

Zeed said:
So far the "Pattern" is proving true. 1-11 are franchises from the original SSB. 12-14 will probably be Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, the two franchises that were introduced in SSBM (unless I'm forgetting one). That leaves 15-? to be franchises completely new to SSBB.

So why do 13 and 14 have to be from Melee? Couldn't it be 13-? is new characters and only #12 is from Melee? Just wondering since I never used Ice Climbers or Game and Watch and I honestly hope they don't come back.

AniHawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom