• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

MrCheez said:
Really interesting idea, but if you pause the video when the cannonball is being shot, it looks like its coming from the silhouette of Petey (from his mouth specifically)
Yeah I just checked the frame that it's shot in and it does look like it's coming from Petey. It would be interesting if it were from Kaptain K. Rool

Leezard

Zeed said:
I actually think it has a linear storyline. For instance, you start off as Kirby, and then it might flash to Mario, wherever he got knocked off to, etc.

This seems more possible, I agree.

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
Really interesting idea, but if you pause the video when the cannonball is being shot, it looks like its coming from the silhouette of Petey (from his mouth specifically)

K. Rool could be in is mouth. He's pretty big

Zeed said:
I actually think it has a linear storyline. For instance, you start off as Kirby, and then it might flash to Mario, wherever he got knocked off to, etc.
I'm thinking since its a new single player mode you don't choose your character like in Classic...maybe you have to play each character in the story. Hmm, but I wonder how unlockable characters would fit in?
edit: beaten above

Also unless I'm messing up the times, and depending what Nintendo shows, but maybe we will get another big update from the Games Convention. Fridayton maybe?

Zeed said:
This would be disappointing for secret characters unless it adds levels for them.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man, who would have expected all of this in SMASH BROS! So crazy...

December 3rd is so far away. :(

This for some reason reminded me of the begining of Mario RPG when Smithy comes down and knocks Mario away from the castle.

I think the scene after this would probably go to where Mario lands and him gathering help, etc.

Just my speculation though.

PkunkFury

So the Petey inclusion lends a lot of credibility to the starman.net rumor of a certain Earthbound character being in adventure mode (as well as their info that Lucas is in Brawl)

PkunkFury said:
So the Petey inclusion lends a lot of credibility to the starman.net rumor of a certain Earthbound character being in adventure mode (as well as their info that Lucas is in Brawl)

What the hell does Petey have to do with Earthbound? Did I miss something?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I am secretly rooting for Brawl to be the greatest videogame of all time. Actually, I guess its not really a secret. I guess its not something I bring up when having dinner with the family. My family never needs to know.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I honestly can't decide whether this or Super Mario Galaxy will be the greatest game this year for me.

It's like they both take turns to outdo the other - yesterday we got the powerup confirmation in Galaxy, and today we get more on the Subspace Army in Brawl.

ARRRGH WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE MEAN TO ME!!!! At least Galaxy comes out this year for us Yerps!

Ravidrath

Linkhero1 said:
Anyone else thinking
Kaptain K. Rool shot the canon?
I don't remember anyone else
shooting canons
in in other game besides DKC.

No, because Nintendo's distancing itself from that DKC crap as fast as possible, as witnessed by the fact that the DK stage is from Jungle Beat.

SovanJedi said:
I honestly can't decide whether this or Super Mario Galaxy will be the greatest game this year for me.

It's like they both take turns to outdo the other - yesterday we got the powerup confirmation in Galaxy, and today we get more on the Subspace Army in Brawl.

ARRRGH WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE MEAN TO ME!!!! At least Galaxy comes out this year for us Yerps!

I think they both will be in their own rights.
And regardless of its score more people will buy the above 2 games than they will bioshock.

I honestly even think an in full swing Wii has more chance of selling more copies of Mario and Brawl than 360 and PS3 do selling GTA and Halo3.

Look at charts everywhere, mediocre Wii games have the legs of Naomi Campbell........LONG.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
After all these characters, if Waluigi doesn't make any appearance in this game whatsoever, (and no, stickers don't count) I will cry. For real.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Raging Spaniard said:
What about a new character that is Wolf Link + Midna on his back? That would be SWEET and totally doable.
That would be even better than link turning into a wolf. Unfortunately, I doubt there is going to be a wolf transformation for link. The update about link looks like it had everything we need to know about him. if he could turn into a wolf I would have thought they would have announced it then, unless they unveil it in a later update. I don't want to get my hopes up though, I don't see it happening.

4t8zkw5.png

6hi90nr.png

lulz

mclem

archangel565 said:
Also unless I'm messing up the times, and depending what Nintendo shows, but maybe we will get another big update from the Games Convention. Fridayton maybe?

"We've been chatting with Konami, and in the interests of making Smash more relative to Europe, we're taking out Snake and replacing him with Pro Evo Soccer player! You guys like football, right! right? Guys?"

Y'know that scene in Jurassic Park where the large group of velociraptors just stare at a victim, and then after a few beats, they all pounce as one? That'd be the scene in the auditorium there. It'd be carnage.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm. What if your character is the main character in these videos, and the others change based on your options? The cinema scenes could all remain somewhat the same, but the characters would swap out...

Edit: Oh, I nearly forgot -- anyone have the first audio clip from the Dojo site -- the mp3 of the theme with operatic singing? I may be dense, but I can't find it on the Dojo site now.

hm... so... i'm not sure if everyone has already discussed this... but... i'm guessing that the story's explanation of Brawl's stages is that they were areas taken from the characters' worlds using subspace... or whatever. <_>

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Soule said:
Assist trophy good enough?

Enough to make me not cry, yes.

Dark Ninja said:
Luigi alternate costume?

No! That's not Waluigi!

Plus. Waluigi's character >>>>> Luigi's character >>>>> Mario's character.

Mario is..um..courageous? Seriously what type of guy is he anyway? We know Luigi is a bit of a coward, and Waluigi is Sly, reckless, a bit of a cheater, sinister, and Mario Party 8 hints a bit of romantism. (The rose suits him so much!)

Also, no, he's no alot like Wario. Wario is out right rude and greedy, while Waluigi does it more behind the scenes.

Brawl could potentially be the start of an awesome future for Waluigi. Believe!

<3 Waluigi.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This is a great update, I was really excited to see ROB in the update... I love it when they put in pre-N64 nostalgia in the game, I couldn't really give a rat's ass about Petey Piranha, but seeing ROB definitely put a smile on my face. I like the design of the evil emperor... still I'm thinking that Dr Kawashima needs to be in there like as an end boss!

Haunted

Petey is fucking huge in that video. That's the only thing that makes me think he won't be playable, but just a boss in story mode. It's all up in the air, I guess.

Capndrake said:
If these are spoilers for Super Paper Mario I will have your head.
uh oh.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
FOR THE RECORD

Sora is the name of Sakurai's freelance organization. It's not really a real development house, it's merely the moniker he uses when auctioning off his services. He basically IS the company, so if must, you could say that Sora is involved in SSBB.

That said, Sora is NOT the name of the team assembled around him for SSBB. The team was people he didn't know (with an office already, that he visited, and remarked on the "horrible" amount of SSBM they'd been playing), that had completed another game recently.

I don't think his partnership with Nintendo here was Sora-based, anyway. That is, it wasn't your standard freelance deal, rather a more personal "coming back for one more game" kind of situation. So Sora as an entity is utterly uninvolved. It's merely plastered after his name on the site because that's how he identifies himself.

NeonZ

Petey is fucking huge in that video. That's the only thing that makes me think he won't be playable, but just a boss in story mode. It's all up in the air, I guess.

People often seem to forget that final boss Bowser was bigger than playable Bowser in meele (And I don't mean Giga Bowser)...

This time, the difference would be bigger, but the same could be happening here too. Considering the super mushroom in SSBM, it seems Smash Bros' engine doesn't have many problems drastically resizing characters. A playable Petey Piranha could easily be made smaller.

AntMurda

That said, Sora is NOT the name of the team assembled around him for SSBB. The team was people he didn't know (with an office already, that he visited, and remarked on the "horrible" amount of SSBM they'd been playing), that had completed another game recently.

The Smash Bros. Brawl team is known as The Studio for the time being. The team is Sakurai + 20 guys from Nintendo + NCL Producers + "a few guys from HAL" + and finally a small company who agreed to join the development team after a meeting with Sakurai and Miyamoto. The team was originally going to work in the Tokyo Office of Nintendo, but instead NCL rented a private loft for the team to work on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom