• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staccat0 said:
To me this whole phrasing of "tilt the control stick" sounds a bit akward and purposful. Are we gonna be tilting the WiiMote as well... maybe I'm crazy.
Anyway, two meh updates equals one good one. Nice.:D

Not really. Those standard moves have always been called "tilts".

Firestorm

WastingPenguins said:
Yeah, but the reason the shine is so dominant is because of Fox/Falco's quick falling speed. Something tells me Meta Knight's gonna be reasonably floaty, and Kirby with Fox's shine doesn't sound all that great to me. :lol

Well, more so for Falco than Fox. Fox doesn't really leave the ground too much to need to fall fast back down >.>; Well, this is what I think of the moves after a quick glance:

Fox and Falco's side+b
Kirby's up+b
down+b looks like a combination of Fox/Falco and Ness (reflects but can't be cancelled or anything making it useless)
b attack is like Link/Young Link's but only on the ground

Am I the only one reminded of the brain age doctor?

assist06_070828c-l.jpg

Zeed

Banned
In the first trailer, when Meta Knight uses his Dimensional Cape, he turns invisible briefly after Pit shoots him. I think there may be more to that move than we might be assuming.

Zeed said:
In the first trailer, when Meta Knight uses his Dimensional Cape, he turns invisible briefly after Pit shoots him. I think there may be more to that move than we might be assuming.

Good catch! This move could be really interesting.

Though honestly, the Smash nerd in me knows how usless B moves can be and is more interested in the standard attacks.

Jiggy

This is actually pretty awesome, since Meta Knight is a very likely candidate for being one of my mains. I loved the air-oriented characters like Jigglypuff, Falco, and Luigi, and Meta Knight fits right into that tradition.

Firestorm said:
Well, this is what I think of the moves after a quick glance:

Fox and Falco's side+b
Kirby's up+b
down+b looks like a combination of Fox/Falco and Ness (reflects but can't be cancelled or anything making it useless)
Mostly the same thoughts here, except a disagreement on Mach Tornado. I think it'll work either in the same way as Mario/Dr. Mario/Luigi's Down B, or Bowser's Up B.

I was thinking that that dimensional cape move is sort-of like a subtle transformation that turns his cape into wings, since we've seen him with wings a few times.

---

Oh, and I'm gonna bet that the N64 version of Andross is one of the single player bosses.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Well, more so for Falco than Fox. Fox doesn't really leave the ground too much to need to fall fast back down >.>; Well, this is what I think of the moves after a quick glance:

Fox and Falco's side+b
Kirby's up+b
About the side+b: I think that the name "Triple Trust" implies that he might shoot through the air three times in succession, with small pauses in between. I know that he had a move that resembled that in the Kirby games, but I don't recall precisely how it worked.

About the up+b: I disagree with the Kirby comparison, I think it resembles Marth's up+b a lot more than Kirby, except the sword seems to be tilted at a different angle. No way to really tell until we see how the move actually ends.

About the down+b: As I mentioned earlier, it almost definitely reflects projectiles (as seen in the trailer), and it being a cape makes it more like Mario's side+b, but probably with a different quirk than "turn the enemy around".

About the b: No idea what exactly is going on here other than he's creating a tornado. Could be unique.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
This is actually pretty awesome, since Meta Knight is a very likely candidate for being one of my mains. I loved the air-oriented characters like Jigglypuff, Falco, and Luigi, and Meta Knight fits right into that tradition.

Mostly the same thoughts here, except a disagreement on Mach Tornado. I think it'll work either in the same way as Mario/Dr. Mario/Luigi's Down B, or Bowser's Up B.

Oooh I forgot completely about them. Not Luigi's I don't think as his moves when he's on the ground. But Doc/Mario's tornado but with a bit more outreach sounds about right. Maybe you can even store the energy? I think Doc and/or Mario can do that. Luigi can for sure

WastingPenguins said:
Good catch! This move could be really interesting.

Though honestly, the Smash nerd in me knows how usless B moves can be and is more interested in the standard attacks.

The Young Link player in me knows that if Meta Knight turns out crappy, the B moves might be the only thing that can save him. Although I just realized after typing this that Meta Knight seems to have absolutely no projectiles and I love projectiles. I use Sheik's needles far more than I need to when I play her.

And yes, I decided I'd play as Meta Knight before he was even confirmed =(

NeoForte

Big Icarus said:
I was thinking that that dimensional cape move is sort-of like a subtle transformation that turns his cape into wings, since we've seen him with wings a few times.

---

Oh, and I'm gonna bet that the N64 version of Andross is one of the single player bosses.

It just turns him invisible for a short time it seems. The wings thing only happens when he jumps or needs to fly.

zoku88

I love it when we get two updates. Heh, I can't believe they did the original form of Andross. Serious fanservice? :lol

Andross said:
"Only I have the brains to rule Lylat!"

Isn't that from the N64 game tho?

RagnarokX

Zeed said:
About the side+b: I think that the name "Triple Trust" implies that he might shoot through the air three times in succession, with small pauses in between. I know that he had a move that resembled that in the Kirby games, but I don't recall precisely how it worked.

About the up+b: I disagree with the Kirby comparison, I think it resembles Marth's up+b a lot more than Kirby, except the sword seems to be tilted at a different angle. No way to really tell until we see how the move actually ends.

About the down+b: As I mentioned earlier, it almost definitely reflects projectiles (as seen in the trailer), and it being a cape makes it more like Mario's side+b, but probably with a different quirk than "turn the enemy around".

About the b: No idea what exactly is going on here other than he's creating a tornado. Could be unique.
I think the moves are from Kirby Super Star... except the cape invisibility thing. He could create tornadoes in KSS.

Zeed

Banned
PkunkFury said:
Also, today's Mojo is stellar, as was yesterdays "Stop Calling Me!" notice
OMG @ the "Stop Calling!!!" update. The Mojo is gold.

I can't believe someone went through all the trouble of making that site. Has there ever been a game's official website that got it's own meticulous parody? Has there ever been a game's official website as awesome as Brawl's?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
assist06_070828.jpg

SO, ANDROSS, YOU SHOW YOUR TRUE FORM!

As much as I love Meta-Knight and how awesome seeing his moves is, I just love that Andross Assist Trophy. Brings back good memories.

Zeed

Banned
assist06_070828a-l.jpg

Say, look at this shot. The characters are reacting to the assist trophy. They're turning to stare at him! Attention to detail ftw, Sakurai.

PkunkFury

FlightOfHeaven said:
I hope 64 Andross is in here. I played the SNES version, didn't like it. 64 is one of my faves, though.

they could pretty easily make him into a skin for Master/Crazy Hand as an adventure mode boss

Odrion

Banned
reminder said:
67gcu8w.jpg

4qs98oj.jpg

"Only I have the brains to rule your Brain!"
He would randomly select an enemy and say "Your body age is: X" and the x variable (somewhere between 50-200") chosen would automatically switch their health to that.

rdellw

At first i thought the special move update was the only one, when i came over this thread and saw the andross pic i thought, 'haha nice photoshop'. Then realised wtf, Andross is really in the game! :lol

ShockingAlberto said:
Now that we have the dimensional cape, everything from the original trailer is confirmed.

Uh, not sure about that. Just going by memory, Kirby's "cooking pot" move - I'm assuming this will be his Final Smash - hasn't been seen since.

EDIT:

Yep, the "Cooking Pot" FS has yet to be confirmed, as have the Halberd stage and what appeared to be Wario's FS (the atomic fart).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom