• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

you know i was thinking... Sakurai Know Kojima (MGS in Brawl) and Kojima Know Inafune (Django in MMBN)
2007-08-27.png

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
A Link to the Snitch said:
Ideally, the third party characters would be:

Solid Snake
Mega Man
Blue Slime
Bomberman

But since we can only do about three, remove Bomberman :(
remove blue slime instead. I'd rather have bomberman.

Raging Spaniard said:
Blue Slime? Thats a stretch. I mean, if you had all of SE characters at your disposal, thats your pic?
Well, it would be the most ubiquitous creature from their biggest series; at least in Japan. Plus it's one that's appeared on Nintendo systems many times.

Raging Spaniard said:
Blue Slime? Thats a stretch. I mean, if you had all of SE characters at your disposal, thats your pic?

The most recognizable Square Enix character to appear on a Nintendo system = my pick, yes

Plus, it's not like it'd be hard to make him playable.

B = Slime Knight
Smash B = Elasto Blast
Up B = Angel Slime
Down B = Dig

Haunted

Zeed said:
http://pressstarttoplay.net/comics/060306.jpg
Rayman is infinitely more likable than Sonic for me.

Sonic is infinitely more likely to appear in Brawl, though. (I certainly won't complain)

Blue Slime is a nice idea, but I'll take Ark or Chrono over him.

Firestorm

ShockingAlberto said:
I feel like Sakurai once said something, pre-Dojo updates but post-E3 trailer, about wanting Mega Man in the game.

Does anyone remember this?

Probably just referring to the appearance of Mega Man on the list of characters that Japanese readers wanted.

handofg0d said:
I wasn't saying that I wanted a megaton - Snake's page and moves are not megaton announcements. I just think that it's lame they haven't shown them yet when he was confirmed over a year ago in their own trailer. I mean, why bother holding back, it's not going to hype anything up, we know he's in there.

As for real megaton announcements - as in new 3rd party characters or something along those lines - I'd rather NOT hear about them at all. Leave me some surprises for when I play the game.

New characters are cool to hear about, assist trophys are cool too. Items are boring though - those updates I can live without. I don't expect each one to be a great post - but it's been a while since something I found extra-awesome came along, so I think it's high-time we get those well-overdue Snake updates. Again, not megaton whatsoever, just not boring.

Snake = unlockable (confirmed)
Sakurai says he wants to keep unlockables until closer to the release date or even after the release date so we can still discover parts of the game on our own.

Also, I seem to be one of the few who doesn't think of Ike/Diddy as real megaton updates >.>; It was cool, better than an item, but the Four Ways of Control and Subspace Emissary were so awesome. Pokemon Trainer too just because of how out there it was.

Firestorm said:
Probably just referring to the appearance of Mega Man on the list of characters that Japanese readers wanted.

Snake = unlockable (confirmed)
Sakurai says he wants to keep unlockables until closer to the release date or even after the release date so we can still discover parts of the game on our own.

Also, I seem to be one of the few who doesn't think of Ike/Diddy as real megaton updates >.>; It was cool, better than an item, but the Four Ways of Control and Subspace Emissary were so awesome. Pokemon Trainer too just because of how out there it was.

Every new character is megaton.

Wario? Megaton. Meta Knight? Megaton. Pit? Megaton. Solid Snake? Megaton. Ike? Megaton. Pokémon Trainer? Megaton. Diddy Kong? Megaton.

Haunted

Rayman should be a trophy, and the Rabbids an Assist Trophy.
Are there even any western made playable characters in the game? Diddy designed by Rare is the closest, the others are all Japanese.

I wager Rayman won't be represented at all. :( He's one of my favourite video game characters - Rayman 2 is an absolute classic.

Wario? Megaton. Meta Knight? Megaton. Pit? Megaton. Solid Snake? Megaton. Ike? Megaton. Pokémon Trainer? Megaton. Diddy Kong? Megaton.

Remember the Solid Snake unveiling thread on GAF? That was an epic megaton. :lol

Megaman, Sonic, Simon Belmont and Bomberman are all pretty likely. The least likely being Bomberman and the most likely being Megaman... the one I want most is Simon Belmont.

Why?
That would mean Castlevania music in SSBB... imagine a level that plays Bloody Tears in the backround!

Firestorm

In general yes, personally for me not really. Wario didn't phaze me. ZSS kind of disappointed me. Meta Knight made me go OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG because he was the one I really wanted to play. Pit, kinda as he was interesting and new. Ike didn't do anything for me. Pokemon Trainer was a wow because he seems interesting. Diddy Kong didn't do much for me either. Snake was crazy as it was a third party character.

Scribble

There will only ever be two huge megaton playable characters for me:

1. Tingle
2. Ridley

And any third party character. Although Sonic seems like a shoo-in, I'd still consider the update a megaton. But they probably won't give him a regular update.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
ohamsie said:
If a Square-Enix character were to be included, I hope it is either Mog or a generic Black Mage.
Why? That would be like making a shy guy or a koopa playable. You could pick someone alot more interesting.

Firestorm

psycho_snake said:
Why? That would be like making a shy guy or a koopa playable. You could pick someone alot more interesting.

Hey, I'd like a Koopa Troopa or a Toad =( My third party picks would be Mega Man, Sonic & Tails, and Geno. Although that's too many.

ohamsie

psycho_snake said:

Because they seem like the closest thing the Final Fantasy franchise has to a mascot to me.

Of course, playable Kefka would be the best but I don't really think he has much of a chance.

Cloud and Sephiroth have never been on a Nintendo console, so there's little chance of them being in it.

Dr.Hadji

Firestorm said:
If Meta Knight's down+b hurts and works like Fox's and is uber rigged like Fox's then I am so happy =D

Why would anyone wish for something so foolish. They can keep down the cheese and still have it be a good move.

Akai

Insaniac said:
if any square enix character goes in it should be Crono
I agree, and I'm not even a huge fan of the game...He's iconic and it'd manage to make this game sell even more than it already will...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Akai said:
I agree, and I'm not even a huge fan of the game...He's iconic and it'd manage to make this game sell even more than it already will...

Yeah, that's probably true. As much as I love Kefka and FF6, putting Crono in the game would be the bigger megaton.

Christopher

how would it make it sell more? To put a character in that most people have forgotten about besides hardcore gamers? If they were to add anything it would be from the FF7 party.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Christopher said:
how would it make it sell more? To put a character in that most people have forgotten about besides hardcore gamers? If they were to add anything it would be from the FF7 party.

They can't add anyone from FF7. Nintendo says the character has to have appeared on a Nintendo system. And if someone from FF7 does make it in by some strange chance, you can bet your sweet bippy that a FF7 remake is on its way to the Wii or the DS. I shant open that can of worms, though.

Jiggy

GDGF said:
They can't add anyone from FF7. Nintendo says the character has to have appeared on a Nintendo system.
Was anyone from FF7 in the GBA Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, not that I'd want any of them in or anything (not even as my personal punching bags, since them being in would mean someone better being out), but just wondering.

Teasel

Jiggy37 said:
Was anyone from FF7 in the GBA Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, not that I'd want any of them in or anything (not even as my personal punching bags, since them being in would mean someone better being out), but just wondering.
yes,the same who where in the original kh,those being yuffie,aeris and cloud

Scribble

People would die if Crono made it in.

You know what, I'd actually prefer if someone unexpected, but still popular like Crono got in. That would be MEGATON.

OK, I should stop contributing to the overuse of that term.

See you an hour before da update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom