• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Personally I still think Nook is in. If not, AC Villager.
I wonder what he would call the AC villager. He called the AC town "Smashville", so what would the AC guy be called? Smashist? Smasher? Smashette?

Zeed

Banned
POKEMON TRAINER SPECIAL MOVES

HOLY SHIT SIX OF THEM

pokemon_trainer_070829a-l.jpg
pokemon_trainer_070829b-l.jpg

Pokemon Trainer's Special Moves

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall

pokemon_trainer_070829a.jpg

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw

pokemon_trainer_070829b.jpg

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed

pokemon_trainer_070829c.jpg

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip

pokemon_trainer_070829d.jpg

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower

pokemon_trainer_070829e.jpg

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash
pokemon_trainer_070829f.jpg

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must co-operate to push on!

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall

pokemon_trainer_070829a-l.jpg

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw

pokemon_trainer_070829b-l.jpg

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed

pokemon_trainer_070829c-l.jpg

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip

pokemon_trainer_070829d-l.jpg

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower

pokemon_trainer_070829e-l.jpg

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash

pokemon_trainer_070829f-l.jpg

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must co-operate to push on!

Edit: Oy, someone else posted the full thing as well. Oh well, got the bigger screens.

Hmmm... doesn't answer whether if Final Smashes will be separate as well.

renessahnz said:
cuz each pokemon's pokemon switch is counted as a special move

Yeah, it's their down special attack but he didn't show Squirtle's standard special, Ivysaur's side special or Charizard's up special. Why must he always give us just part of something.

wow...i need to get to sleep...way to upset about this for some reason :lol

Jiggy

I have to say, after the last three update days have all had the new Pokemon Stadium in at least two shots, I think that'll be my stage prediction next time around. >_>

Ashhong

In SSBM, weren't all the up special moves with a projectile able to grab onto the ledge? im talking about Samus's grapple, links hookshot, and whatever else im missing. yet we made a big deal when they announced whoever it was would latch onto the edge. i think it was samus...

or am i wrong?

Ashhong said:
In SSBM, weren't all the up special moves with a projectile able to grab onto the ledge? im talking about Samus's grapple, links hookshot, and whatever else im missing. yet we made a big deal when they announced whoever it was would latch onto the edge. i think it was samus...

or am i wrong?

They were grabs, not UP+B moves.

Zero Suit Samus Paralyzer and Ivysaur's Vine Whip are UP+B with ledge grabbing abilities.

That update effectively puts me at 0-1 on guesses. Nowhere to go but up from here.

The trainer is actually looking like a character I might use, if only for the variety the three Pokemon bring to the table.

Zeed

Banned
Ashhong said:

or am i wrong?
Those were grabs, not Up+B moves.

Also, you wouldn't believe some of the arguments I got in with people who insisted that Zero Suit Samus' tether recovery wasn't an Up+B, but that she had just used her Up+B and the screenshot was of her using her grab after the Up+B. :rolleyes

But anyway, like I said, Shocking Alberto is the one vindicated tonight.

Sharp

Oh, I don't ever actually think I'm going to guess right, the point is to try to guess how Sakurai will defy our expectations tonight. The problem with that being that it's sort of difficult to predict the unpredictable.

Ashhong

Golden Darkness said:
They were grabs, not UP+B moves.

Zero Suit Samus Paralyzer and Ivysaur's Vine Whip are UP+B with ledge grabbing abilities.

oh yeaaaaa, grabs. completely forgot about those. no grabs have been announced yet have they? now i almost feel gypped that they wasted a special move with something like vine whip when that should be a grab. to me at least.

Zeed

Banned
Ashhong said:
oh yeaaaaa, grabs. completely forgot about those. no grabs have been announced yet have they? now i almost feel gypped that they wasted a special move with something like vine whip when that should be a grab. to me at least.
Link's grab was announced - Clawshot, as expected.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/link.html

link_070820e-l.jpg

Anyway, why would you feel gypped? It's a unique move like any other, it'll probably have another effect when not being used to recover, and Ivysaur will have its own grab as well.

Zeed

Banned
Honestly I expected his Side-B to be Slash or something, but I suppose that would make him a Bowser clone.

Anyway good night thread, see you tomorrow.

Christopher

nice so bulbasaur squtile and charizard are like 3 charaters under one umbrella. I thought the pokemon trainer would be stupid at first, but it's looking cool.

I was hoping for some sort of Dragon Rage for Charizard instead of the lame Rock Smash where he flies around the stage and fries everyone. Hoping that's the Final Smash...or maybe one Final Smash per Pokemon :eek:

(Hydropump for Squirtle, Solar Beam for Ivysaur and Dragon's Rage for Charizard)

I mean, how is PT's final smash gonna work if he has to wait for the next pokemon to appear, right?

justchris

titiklabingapat said:
I was hoping for some sort of Dragon Rage for Charizard instead of the lame Rock Smash where he flies around the stage and fries everyone. Hoping that's the Final Smash...or maybe one Final Smash per Pokemon :eek:

(Hydropump for Squirtle, Solar Beam for Ivysaur and Dragon's Rage for Charizard)

I mean, how is PT's final smash gonna work if he has to wait for the next pokemon to appear, right?

Honestly, I'd prefer if PT's final smash was a 3 way attack by all three pokemon. That'd be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom