• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Good chance Sonic will be in based on the Mario+Sonic olympics games.

Would like to see Bomberman...

SantaC said:
if there was only one more 3rd party character i would choose, i take simon belmont over sonic and megaman anyday.
That would be one full of win... as they say.

Still I expect about four third party characters. Sonic is pretty much a certainty for Sega's character, Snake is Konami's character, I expect one from Capcom (Mega-Man methinks), and one from Square (maybe even one from Enix).

I don't think it will go much farther over that.

SantaC

curls said:
Good chance Sonic will be in based on the Mario+Sonic olympics games.

Would like to see Bomberman...

sonic to attract sega fanz
ff character to attract squeenix fanz
simon belmont to attrack old school fanz

SantaC

Thunder Monkey said:
That would be one full of win... as they say.

Still I expect about four third party characters. Sonic is pretty much a certainty for Sega's character, Snake is Konami's character, I expect one from Capcom (Mega-Man methinks), and one from Square (maybe even one from Enix).

I don't think it will go much farther over that.

damn you're right. There is already a konami character there. There goes my hope for simon belmont =(

capcom candidates:

megaman
viewtiful joe
ryu or ken from street fighter, maybe chun li
leon from re4

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Tingle? Assist Trophy, OBVIOUS

What a shocker that the guy with the Tingle avatar wants him as a playable character, btw. And I like him fine, no hate or nothin'

Next

Scribble

Leezard said:
He isn't big enough to become a playable character.

But then again, hes big enough to get his own game...

Tingle's probably bigger than Krystal, Wolf, Bowser Jr. and most of the other characters that people want playable in the game.

Haunted

Tingle is huge, just look at that motherfucker.

Tingle_Fanart_by_torokun.jpg

Seriously, though. I think Tingle won't be playable. They have to confirm my favourite character Ganondorf before they're allowed to even start thinking about possibly including Tingle in the game.
imo

Scribble

Haunted One said:
Seriously, though. I think Tingle won't be playable. They have to confirm my favourite character Ganondorf before they're allowed to even start thinking about possibly including Tingle in the game.
imo

There's no way that Ganondorf couldn't be in.

Haunted

Scribble said:
There's no way that Ganondorf couldn't be in.
No, as long as he's not confirmed, everything is possible. Remember that one guy, Marth? No one thought he would be replaced, either. And now look what happened.

poor Luigi!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Scribble said:
Tingle's probably bigger than Krystal, Wolf, Bowser Jr. and most of the other characters that people want playable in the game.

First you need Ganondorf (which will happen), then Sheik (which is nowhere near confirmed yet), then Wolf Link and/or Midna and after that? Yeah, MAYBE he could be a playable character and even then I could see a playable Wind Waker Link before that, but he seems much better suited for an Assist trophy given his personality and usual cameos in games.

I DO think that he would make an interesting playable, but my common sense meter is feeling pretty strong about what I wrote previously.

Rock on if he is, though

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
SantaC said:
on the other hand, the flying ship stage was such a trainwreck. Iceclimber level was also useless. There were some experimental stages in melee that sucked.
... hey, the Flying Stage level is fun! You have to battle AND keep track of the environment, and it opens up chances to more easily kill your opponent if they lag behind.

usea said:
The differences between stages like Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams and Battlefield in melee were huge. The difference isn't just eye candy, they play very differently (especially FoD).
But the stage design is still very similar in them -- they aren't identical, but very similar. I'd still like a greater variety -- larger levels, medium sized levels. Yoshi's Story does have the clouds (ok, I forgot that), but I'm still annoyed that many of the Brawl screenshots seem to show a small, battlefield like structure with a few platforms sprinkled about... and that's it.

Scribble

Raging Spaniard said:
First you need Ganondorf (which will happen), then Sheik (which is nowhere near confirmed yet), then Wolf Link and/or Midna and after that?

Yes, I'm not suggesting that Tingle has higher priority over Ganondorf. But after Ganondorf, Tingle should be in. Over Wolf Link/Midna.

One could argue a case for Tingle being in over Wolf Link/Midna, but it's ultimately up to Sakurai and the Smash Team. Tingle is more "iconic" than those two characters, nevertheless.

I'm not sure about WW Link, though.

I thought Eiji Aonuma already slipped up in an interview and said he was very pleased with the way models of Sheik and Ganondorf (Which his team helped design) look in Smash Bros. Brawl?

I could be wrong though.

Scribble said:
Yes, I'm not suggesting that Tingle has higher priority over Ganondorf. But after Ganondorf, Tingle should be in. Over Wolf Link/Midna.

One could argue a case for Tingle being in over Wolf Link/Midna, but it's ultimately up to Sakurai and the Smash Team. Tingle is more "iconic" than those two characters, nevertheless.

I'm not sure about WW Link, though.

I dunno.... I think Midna has a slight tiny advantage over Tingle because she was a main character on a huge Zelda console game relased nearly everywhere. Tingle isn't that far behind in my mind. He does, however, have a good chance.

I doubt that WW Link will be in it though. He is just too similer. They can't be him in without cloning and they have already relesed that there would be no clones.

This is just my opinon though. I could be wrong. Don't yell at me! :D

phalestine

aka iby.h
All I know is that if they do end up adding WW Link, he better do the hurricane attack, and I mean the HURRICANE attack, not the weak spinner attack. it could be his final smash or something.

knkng

Cyan said:
Yeah, Tingle would be a great character.

Up B: Float around on a stupid-ass balloon
B: Make a face like you have down syndrome
Side B: Make a retarded noise and say you wish you were a fairy
Down B: Charge FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING RUPEES to translate a goddamn map for a shitty fetch quest
:lol

I don't hate Tingle or anything, but I'd definitely prefer Midna over him.
And include the Wind Waker version of Ganondorf, please
:D

Raging Spaniard

Well it does make more sense to add Tingle over a character like Jigglypuff, I guess.

But the problem is that I love Jigglypuff

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
I thought Eiji Aonuma already slipped up in an interview and said he was very pleased with the way models of Sheik and Ganondorf (Which his team helped design) look in Smash Bros. Brawl?

I could be wrong though.
No, iirc Aonuma said that they supplied a 3D model of Sheik and Ganondorf to Sakurai. No mention if they're being used as playable characters, assist trophies, a trophy gallery, sticker or if they're being used at all. I'm sure Sakurai and his team have plenty of concept art, early modelling etc. for characters that never make it into the final game. Basically, the blurb didn't confirm anything, but hinted that Sheik and Ganondorf are in the game in some way.

Cyan said:

Down B: Charge FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING RUPEES to translate a goddamn map for a shitty fetch quest
:lol :lol

Cyan said:

WIN :lol :lol

Cyan said:

I dunno if more people hate tingle than love him here....

Well, here is his page of honor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingle

If they put Tingle in the game, it might get me to buy a strategy guide on Day 1--to make sure I never unlock that annoying twit. Tingle is the worst thing Nintendo's ever invented, and that includes Wii Fit, the Virtual Boy, non-games, and the Super Mario Sunshine US commercial.

Because it costs me nothing to write this, GOLDEN SUN WILL GETS ITS MOMENT TONIGHT GUYS!

How awesome would it be to cast Judgement over the battle field? Remember Judgement? The coolest motherfucking summon ever with the flying knight shooting a giant f-ing lazer beam out of his lion head cannon/arm over the world? EPIC. Djinn assit trophy. believe.

Insaniac

Gamer @ Heart said:
Because it costs me nothing to write this, GOLDEN SUN WILL GETS ITS MOMENT TONIGHT GUYS!

How awesome would it be to cast Judgement over the battle field? Remember Judgement? The coolest motherfucking summon ever with the flying knight shooting a giant f-ing lazer beam out of his lion head cannon/arm over the world? EPIC. Djinn assit trophy. believe.

which golden sun char do you want? I suppose the original would be cool, and then maybe Ragnarok (best fucking spell ever) for his final smash. Then you could have a djinn summon as a assist trophy

Insaniac said:
which golden sun char do you want? I suppose the original would be cool, and then maybe Ragnarok (best fucking spell ever) for his final smash. Then you could have a djinn summon as a assist trophy

Agreed

I want felix but issac would be the most obvious.

SantaC said:
I am kinda worried that snake is the only 3rd party character in the game. Should I be worried?
Am I the only one who wants this? I can't help but think that, however many 3rd party characters are in the game, those spots could have been used for even more Nintendo characters. :D

Haunted

CreatureX3 said:
Am I the only one who wants this? I can't help but think that, however many 3rd party characters are in the game, those spots could have been used for even more Nintendo characters. :D
Yes, you're the only one. :p

If he's really adding only two or three 3rd party characters, I'm sure only the most iconic will make it into the game. Snake, Sonic, Megaman - all worthy of being included, imo.

Firestorm

usea said:
The differences between stages like Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams and Battlefield in melee were huge. The difference isn't just eye candy, they play very differently (especially FoD).

Hell Dreamland 64 is radically different from the others, not similar at all. Yoshi's Story is one of the smallest stages, its edges angle down, and it has that cloud which can save you and add some interesting decisions on the edge. Dreamland is one of the biggest stages (awesome for peach, samus etc who have essentially unlimited horizontal recovery). The edges don't taper, the platforms are higher, farther apart, and there is wind. Characters who excel on one of those two are different from the ones who excel at the other.

The simple/boring/static stages in brawl so far look even more varied than the ones in melee. As for how many of them I would want, well ideally I'd like a stage designer so I could make my own, but 15-20 would be nice. I know that's probably unrealistic, but I'm just saying. How many stages have we seen for brawl so far that are of relatively simple design, don't move or change at all, and have no background interference?

Didn't get a chance to get to the thread, but perfect =D

DavidDayton said:
But the stage design is still very similar in them -- they aren't identical, but very similar. I'd still like a greater variety -- larger levels, medium sized levels. Yoshi's Story does have the clouds (ok, I forgot that), but I'm still annoyed that many of the Brawl screenshots seem to show a small, battlefield like structure with a few platforms sprinkled about... and that's it.

I don't think usea is referring to the cloud with emphasis. I think he's referring the spacing between the platforms, the distance to side "edges" where you die, how high the "ceiling" is, and the actual shape of the main platform that determines how some characters recover. Yoshi's Island's clouds aren't that big a deal really... Fountain of Dreams' moving platforms definitely are.

Dreamland 64 is still my favourite with the very well spaced out platforms giving lots of room. The high ceiling and far away edge can get kinda annoying though.

SantaC said:
on the other hand, the flying ship stage was such a trainwreck. Iceclimber level was also useless. There were some experimental stages in melee that sucked.

I don't find Rainbow Cruise or Poke Floats to be bad. I did have them turned off a long time ago, but when I started to play more tournament-standard stages I started them again. Since we wanted to practice on all of them, my friends and I put all the legal stages on random. Once you get used to it, it's not bad. It follows a set pattern so if there are any cheap kills it's really kind of your own fault.

Icicle Mountain and Flat Zone are just poor design.

SantaC

camelot was never a 1st party to nintendo, do you think nintendo want to use golden sun stuff? Does camelot own anything from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom