• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
44933Picture2.png

Where is this?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jesus christ, Sakurai doing a better job at making Sonic awesome than SEGA. I cannot wait for this game now SO SOLD.

Sharp

Yeah, I agree, Yoboman. Oh well, at least he looks fun to play. I wasn't expecting much out of the cutscenes anyway.

Also it still says the same date on the US site, is it really delayed here?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Jiggy37 said:
From the second video:

-Peach's forward B now has a... freeze effect? Odd. Sends the opponent at a forward and down angle this time, also.
-Lucas shows off no moves except something kind of resembling both PK Flash and PK Thunder, kind of. Kind of.
-Kyogre and Torchic are in Poke Balls.
-Dixie Kong's in as a trophy. This means that either it's safe to assume she's not playable (if you think they wouldn't accidentally give it away) or that she is (if you think that they think that we think they wouldn't accidentally give it away, meaning therefore that giving it away isn't giving it away).
-Mario is seen fighting Petey Piranha. So either you can replay levels as the character of your choice, or Mario comes back to the battle after a while, or something. Who knows?
-Zelda has some new move that does I don't know what.

Thanks for getting that Jiggy. I can't even load the first video from the site.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
AlternativeUlster said:
Man, the game is delayed. I hope it somehow comes out before Christmas. More than likely, we probably won't see it until like freaking March of next year.

Dude, the game was delayed by only a month in Japan, and in the US it was coming out like 3 weeks before then ... so its very possible that the game will come out in late December in the US

AlternativeUlster said:
Man, the game is delayed. I hope it somehow comes out before Christmas. More than likely, we probably won't see it until like freaking March of next year.

It won't be that big of a delay. It'll be end of January or early February.

Vlad

Milabrega said:
Who is that face in the gameplay video on the stickers section!?

Are you referring to the face picture of the big guy with the glasses (same page as the mushroom and the guitar-playing dog)? If so, that's one of the instructors from the original Pilotwings (from the 4th and 8th levels, if I remember correctly).

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There was an announcement at this conference that Sonic the Hedgehog has joined the fray. I’d like to provide you with the short movie that was shown there.

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.

That doesn't sound good

mj1108

With as much as there is being packed into this game, if a little more time is needed to make it PERFECT then that's fine with me.

Those videos are hot.

I'm glad there was no wait between the conference and Sonic's addition to the site, I was worried there was going to be one. He looks good.

One good thing about the date being pushed back in is we'll have more pre-release updates to look forward to. The amount of hype this game has is unbelievable and it just keeps getting ramped up.

Now that we've had some atom strength megatons, can we please have Capt. Falcon now?

Insaniac

Peach is seen doing some sort of "singing" and bowser is next to her in a trance. New special a la jigglypuff? Or peach taunting and bowser just being weird?

edit: oh and 16:9 is a relief

Also the icons at the bottom of the screen are horribly distracting.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Today has been a 10/10 day for sure!

Oh well America, get used to the Smash delay we've known our fate for a while.

Duderz

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:

Right when classes start back up.

Sakurai, delay the game until class is over (middle of December!)

Also, Zelda's mysterious move...transformation to Sheik, possibly?

Also, there's a fairy there too. :/

Jiggy

Vyse The Legend said:
Every day is a stab to the heart just a stab to the heart you don't understand to the heart do you? :(

On the bright side, uh, or at least as close to "bright" as it could possibly get, I guess a delay means yet more site updates in the future. I wonder if they wouldn't have had to delay if they didn't have to make these site updates... And I wonder which way I would have preferred it, to be honest. I want Brawl and I want it now, but at the same time, this has been a pretty revolutionary way to give fans new info about a game, and one that I definitely want to see repated in the future--even if on a lesser basis, e.g. updates every Monday and Friday only.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I am so excited about all of this...

But also so paranoid about a delay. Anything more than 1-2 additional weeks is going to drive me crazy.

Vlad

Firestorm said:
Looks Metroid-y. Dark something from Echoes or Phazon Mines from Prime?

I dunno, for some reason it makes me think of a bowser-esque stage. Yes, it's got lava, but it's not in a "natural" setting (rocks, etc), there's lots of metal and stuff in the background, which seems more bowser-esque to me.

Insaniac

Zelda's "new move" looks like a taunt. They seem to show a lot of the characters doing things that seem to be taunts. (the DKs, Kirby and meta knight, Link, Peach, samus, Pit etc)

GAME OF THE FOREVER!

There is so much stuff in this game, its so amazing!

I honestly cannot believe this game is even real, omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.

GAME OF THE FOREVER!

:lol @ it taking Nintendo to make me care about Sonic again.

This game, is so, omg.

GAME OF THE FOREVER!

Firestorm

Vlad said:
I dunno, for some reason it makes me think of a bowser-esque stage. Yes, it's got lava, but it's not in a "natural" setting (rocks, etc), there's lots of metal and stuff in the background, which seems more bowser-esque to me.

Look closer at the platform they're standing on. Looks Metroid-y. Not Chozo Ruins, but Metroid.

And yes, Game of the Forever.

Yeah ShockingAlberto I noted that earlier too.

Ok, enough watching Sonic video and gameplay video for half an hour. I need sleep

kamikaze

so mario is fighting petey pirahna in the video...i guess he isn't always blown away by a bullet bill to start with? seems like you can choose to start single player adventure with mario or kirby and then choose which princess to rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom