• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Darkpen said:
snake-link.gif
Thanks a lot!

Threi

notag
1. Fox
2. Link
3. The Knee
4. Samus

Is being used to fox on lightning mode a good thing? That is how i usually play, against lvl 9's (although i can just barely beat them...) i find it hard to use anyone significantly slower than fox now.

I have only about 2 months experience under my belt, and I want to know if i'm on the right track.

psycho_snake

GaimeGuy said:
"9:16 a.m.: Smash Bros. will have full Wi-Fi multiplayer capabilities. Lots of new levels and many new characters, including Sonic the Hedgehog. A "unique way of sharing between users, even online," according to Iwata -- this relates to some user-created content for the WI-Fi service in relation to Smash Bros., sounds like."

If Smash has a level editor...

best
game
ever
That would be insane!

psycho_snake

ant1532 said:
Let's take it back real quick and talk about are Smash Melee ways. Who do you main as and list your secondary characters if you have any. And do you play at tourney level?(Can you compete with kids at Smashboards, etc)

1.Samus (Main)
2.Ness
3.Link
4.Mario
My characters

Main character:
Link

Secondary characters:
Ganondorf
Bowser
Samus (rarely use her though)

Grecco

I Always used Roy and Samus. After finding about smash boards i switched Roy to Marth.

After watching "Shined blind" on youtube i use Fox exclusively. :D

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
Ooh, ooh, can I see?
In PM. >_> Give me a moment to format this....

Threi said:
Is being used to fox on lightning mode a good thing?
Probably not. Just stick to normal speed, or I don't see how you'll adjust downward from what you're used to...

Firestorm said:
usea and WastingPenguins I believe. Just because WP says his friends are much better than him doesn't mean he can't reach upper half of tournaments as long as he has the experience.

In my defense, those friends place well at some of the top tourneys in the country. I'm only human. Watching vids of players like that just doesn't do them justice. You have to be raped by them in person to truly understand. :lol

Dr.Hadji

ant1532 said:
None of you can compete with Tourney people?? I thought there was one of you that did, and thought it was Jiggy for some reason...

Guess I will be giving ya'll the woopings :D

Some of us like to suppress our power levels to duck scouter readings.
aka......
Everyone tourney level and above can control the size of their Zanpactou otherwise we'd all be swinging around swords the size of buildings
aka......
Some of us are waiting to take off the leg weights for the fights that don't take place on a message board

If you get my point.

psycho_snake

Haunted One said:
I'm following the live blog as well. Sounds like the Wiimote only control scheme is as useless as I imagined. I appreciate the 4 control scheme options Sakurai implemented, but I don't think Wiimote only will be very popular with people.
I read the IGN preview and they seemed pretty happy with the wiimote only control scheme. The only thing matt said was using the shield with the b button.

I'll try using all the control schemes, but I'll probably edn up sticking with the GC controls. They worked perfectly in melee and I'm so used to it.

Dr.Hadji said:
Some of us like to suppress our power levels to duck scouter readings.
aka......
Everyone tourney level and above can control the size of their Zanpactou otherwise we'd all be swinging around swords the size of buildings
aka......
Some of us are waiting to take off the leg weights for the fights that don't take place on a message board

If you get my point.

:lol :lol
rock lee huh?

pretty sweet intro animations from the videos... did they remove that from Melee? I really didnt notice.

scottnak

Man. Disappointing news to wake up to.
Even though I know that the delays can only be good for the game.....
still... :'(

And as for my charachter of choice:
1. Kirby

Boy was the transition to Melee tough. I refused to change though! (Clearly NOT a high level player...)

Jiggy

To coincide with all the news that's going to be getting out anyway because of the playable demo, and in an attempt to offset the delay, I'm predicting a quadruple update tonight:

Peach's final smash, the Advance Wars assist trophy, the crawling mechanic, and Captain Falcon.
Edit: Quintuple update. Norfair stage also.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Otacon's assist will be him showing up, feeling up Peach, and calling her mom.
But that's going to be Bowser Jr.'s taunt.

Actually, I trust they'll be smart enough not to put Bowser Jr. in. I hope. I beg.

Firestorm

The videos are just OMGOMGOMGOMG. I can't believe I'll be stuck doing a project from 4:30 PM onwards today. Agh.

Anyway, from the IGN character select screen:
Meta Knight colours:
- white
- red
- green
- purple (dark purple hue, pinkish cape, red eyes)

Jiggy

Cyan said:
Or worse, Bowser Jr AND Shadow Mario, like in the GC Mario Golf. Ugh, what a waste of character slots.
After the news about Dark Link, I wouldn't be that surprised to see Shadow Mario as an alternate costume that hasn't been programmed in yet.

...Come to think of it, if Bowser can't beat Mario as himself canonically, why doesn't he just figure out how Jr. turns into a clone with all of Mario's jumping abilities and mobility? Then he and Jr. could double team Mario with basically twice his power. >_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
grandjedi6 said:
Multiple Smash Bals per match confirmed!!
No. Read it again. Those are two different fights. One is Samus vs. Mario. The other is Link vs. Sonic.

So far in the demo stuff, I have yet to see a Smash Ball show up more than once per fight.

EDIT: I take that back. A second Smash Ball appears as the very last second of that Mario vs. Samus fight. Multiple Smash Balls confirmed.

ant1532

Banned
I'm calling what he saw wasn't Dark Link but like Meta Knight who had an alternate costume which was more than just a simple color change and made sense to have to do with the Subspace Army thing, that Link also has a Subspace Army thing maybe. I mean, why would they put Dark Link in and no other costumes for anyone else or more than just Dark Link for him.

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
I'm calling what he saw wasn't Dark Link but like Meta Knight who had an alternate costume which was more than just a simple color change and made sense to have to do with the Subspace Army thing, that Link also has a Subspace Army thing maybe. I mean, why would they put Dark Link in and no other costumes for anyone else or more than just Dark Link for him.
Good point. :D Maybe it'll be like Advance Wars DS (1) where there are alternate evil colors for everybody... But hopefully unlike AWDS, some will end up looking better than the originals. Dark Peach FTW, just watch.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It seems like we should have more video footage out there at this point... we've had a total of what, five clips? Isn't anybody snagging footage of all these assist trophies, or of unknown final smashes?

SantaC

DavidDayton said:
It seems like we should have more video footage out there at this point... we've had a total of what, five clips? Isn't anybody snagging footage of all these assist trophies, or of unknown final smashes?

Nintendo usually has very good media control. I am happy we got vidoes at all.

Jiggy

The_Ayertosco said:
This game is God bit it needs more Mewtwo.
In due time, my friend, in due time. We've been averaging just slightly, slightly more than one character per week of updates, and with the delay we just added another 9 weeks...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Good point. :D Maybe it'll be like Advance Wars DS (1) where there are alternate evil colors for everybody... But hopefully unlike AWDS, some will end up looking better than the originals. Dark Peach FTW, just watch.

Shadow Queen Peach from PM2
would make a sweet alternate costume.

Teasel

Iam Canadian said:
http://www.n-philes.com/m/features/endboss/PM2.jpg

That would make a sweet alternate costume.

i know the game is old and that it doesn't really make for a big spoiler,but isn't this still an unrequired spoiler?

dude

dude
Hmm... Usually after revealing something in a conference Sakurai gives us an update about what ever was shown (Snake in TGS, Sonic yesterday etc.) will that mean we'll get a super update of all that was shown? :D
OH PLEASE GOD

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Shadow Queen Peach from PM2
would make a sweet alternate costume.
Truth. Best part of that whole game.
And they could have
possessed Zelda from Twilight Princess.
Maybe whoever you don't save from Petey gets controlled or whatever.

Cosmozone

Finally got around to comment on Sonic. Not totally surprising, but very cool. That rising move of his rocks. Looking forward to try him out - I'm now more interested in him than in Snake.

Jiggy

I wouldn't mind Midna being a Zelda clone if it was the only way they were going to put her in the game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom