• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Linkzg said:
Darkpen owns Zeed in getting the ultimate prize of...nothing.
It's like the people who thought that 2000 was the beginning of the new millennium. They're wrong, but they can celebrate anyway if they wish.

I, on the other hand, prefer to have the first post of the new page!

Also, this is now my 1000th post in this thread.

A personal milestone for me, insignificant in the grand scheme of things...but still!

Jiggy

Linkzg said:
lol, Zeed only has one more post until he reaches 1000 posts in this thread alone.

he can actually prepare for this one, but that wont help Lynn become a playable character.
The two-month delay is the time needed to convert Lyn from an assist trophy into a playable hero. Believe. :D

Zeed said:
It's like the people who thought that 2000 was the beginning of the new millennium. They're wrong, but they can celebrate anyway if they wish.

I, on the other hand, prefer to have the first post of the new page!

Zeed - 1,000 posts

that is all kinds of something

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
worldrunover said:
I think he means Erhgizer however its spelled.
no, it's called Final Fantasy Dissidia. a Smash Bros. type game with a bunch of Final Fantasy characters for the PSP.

Saoh

:lol :lol just noticed the title change. i think this week was the busiest thanks to Sonic. i wonder what we'll get tomorrow, there hasn't been a new stage since forever.

Zeed

Banned
Darkpen said:
Final results from the Race to 1000:

anewrecord.png

Jiggy came closer than I ever expected (and I fully expect him to pass me eventually), but the early lead I had pulled through in the end.

Zeed said:

Jiggy came closer than I ever expected, but the early lead I had pulled through in the end.

you cut out right before my name, I was only 55 posts or so under the other guy.

NeonZ

The only elements that really carry over the whole series are the classes (Black Mage, Knight...), the Moogles and Chocobos, and various monsters. So I think it's far more likely that a generic class or a Moogle will be a Smash Bros. character if we get a Square character at all.

Are you kidding? Using your logic, the Fire Emblem representative would either be Anna, the menu girl who appears in almost every FE, Jake, her boyfriend who appeared in FE1, FE4 and even FE7, in the main game, or a generic Hero or Swordmaster. Yet, who did we get? Marth and Roy in SSBM, and now Ike for Brawl - even though they don't transcend the barrier of 2 games in the series.

It's far more likely that a FF representative would be a main character, not a recurring minor element.

Gaborn

Saoh said:
:lol :lol just noticed the title change. i think this week was the busiest thanks to Sonic. i wonder what we'll get tomorrow, there hasn't been a new stage since forever.

They're just getting the dynamic stage editor ready to show us.

Jiggy

Zeed said:

anewrecord.png

Jiggy came closer than I ever expected (and I fully expect him to pass me eventually), but the early lead I had pulled through in the end.
If only I had started amassing Dojo statistics before August. :( Those are like an automatic 2-4 posts per update--1 to tell people I'm taking a break to compile stats, 1 to provide the stats, and 0-2 to clear up misconceptions about the stats.

NeonZ said:
Are you kidding? Using your logic, the Fire Emblem representative would either be Anna, the menu girl who appears in almost every FE, Jake, her boyfriend who appeared in FE1, FE4 and even FE7, in the main game, or a generic Hero or Swordmaster. Yet, who did we get? Marth and Roy in SSBM, and now Ike for Brawl - even though they don't transcend the barrier of 2 games in the series.

It's far more likely that a FF representative would be a main character, not a recurring minor element.
We do have "Pokemon Trainer" instead of "Red," though.

neoanarch

Saoh said:

I'm betting on Norfair update, unless Sakurai is crazy.

Innotech

Banned
Zeed said:

anewrecord.png

where do you find that at?

Jiggy

Saoh said:
Actually, only since October 2nd, Shadow Moses Island. It's the fourth least recent type of update.

Others in the top five:
Item - September 17th, Golden Hammer
Poke Ball - September 20th, the megaton Piplup
Game mode - September 28th, Tourney mode
Assist trophy - October 3rd, Excitebike with stealth Lakitu inclusion

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You guys should start doing it now so that it won't suck having to gather info from what might be 40-50 thousand posts when this is all over.

Things like, most predicted item, character, most accurate predicter and stuff.

Jiggy

Darkpen said:
Dude, he's the main character, not some random trainer. He represents red/blue(green), along with those GBA remakes.
I'm not criticizing the model, just saying he wasn't given a name in this version, for the purpose of being more iconic. Which would kind of fall in line with the possibility of having an unnamed Moogle, and also the potential that the Animal Crossing representative (if there is one) may not have a name.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Iam Canadian said:
That, or stages loaded with fanservice like the Onett stage in Melee (the most fanservice-filled level in that entire game, bar none).
If Onett was a fan service level then they would have included the Onett theme instead of the silly music they put in it. Onett theme is so so so awesome. I hope it appears in my music.

Jiggy

Stats page?
Exactly what kind of stats are we talking about here? Average number of GIFs per 100 posts? Number of Sonic predictions before he was revealed? Percentage of people owned when Ice Climbers returned?

Zeed

Banned
The Halo 3 thread is on massive damage control right now, by the way:

Adam Blade said:
MaX_PL said:
i think that mario thread is gonna beat this to 30k.
Not our fault.
Dirtbag 504 said:
the disgruntled gamer said:
Almost all my friends have agreed that SSB: Brawl is just SSB: Melee with better graphics and are going back to Melee.
:lol

Smash Bros. HD...... errrr wait...
Skilotonn said:
Adam Blade said:
Bah... we've lost to Smash. :(
Oh come on, the majority of the posts in there are about nothing AND competing with this thread for posts inbetween updates...

It's silly that they even thought it was a competition in the first place - Halo 3 is out now and we're all playing the hell out of it - there's no time for a "posting contest" like they have...
RattleHead_ said:
Well that thread was started about 5 months ago while this thread was started only a few weeks ago, but seriously, worrying about a thread getting a certain amount of posts before another is just insane to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom