• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Neither have I, which is too bad, because I really wish it were true.
They have all the translations from that site at Smashboards.com which I was just going to look for and grab the quote in SamuraiPanda's thread but Smashboards in under a server transfer right now :lol, when it opens go check it out for your self, I got to hit the hay.
Rentahamster said:
Damn, that must suck for you guys on the east coast. Dojo updates for me at 9PM :D
Yeah it does suck, I just check when I wake up.

Duderz

Banned
Honestly, I can't help but stay up, and I'm on the west coast. It's a bummer when I've got to get up early the next morning, but if I don't know what the update is, I know I'll just lie in bed wondering. :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
G-Fex said:
Now i'm inspired by another thread.

BUBBLEMAN! > Megaman.

Bubble Man would completely break the game, though. His awesomeness would cause every other character to commit suicide in shame.

Linkhero1

Duderz said:
Honestly, I can't help but stay up, and I'm on the west coast. It's a bummer when I've got to get up early the next morning, but if I don't know what the update is, I know I'll just lie in bed wondering. :lol
Same here. I just go to sleep around 12:30am just because of the Smash update.

Rentahamster said:
Damn, that must suck for you guys on the east coast. Dojo updates for me at 9PM :D

in general this is how it goes for me:

11:00 pm - "well, gotta get up at 8 am for class, better sleep early"

11:02 pm - "maybe one game of (insert PC multiplayer game/CoD4 beta), then sleep"

2:10 am - "...its already late, better wait until the Smash update"

3:00 am - "...lame, its an item, better post about it a bit and sleep

4:00 am - "crap"

Zeed

Banned
Linkzg said:

11:02 pm - "maybe one game of (insert PC multiplayer game/CoD4 beta), then sleep"

:lol Ain't that the goddamn truth.

Game-Biz

I just wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, read a little bit of the newspaper and then casually check the update on the computer. But, I do have a hard time sleeping wondering whether or not it'll be the update Ness is brought back in with all his glory.

Innotech

Banned
Linkzg said:

Yeah oftentimes I just stay up all night since the updates come out around 2 am here.

Linkhero1

Linkzg said:

I know how you feel but for me three hours back since I live on west coast

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I wonder how many people are losing sleep and walking around in a daze at work/school because of waiting for updates.:lol

Iam Canadian

Linkzg said:

Pretty much my schedule, except I have to get up at 6 AM. And I'm generally in bed by 2.

Game-Biz said:
I just wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, read a little bit of the newspaper and then casually check the update on the computer. But, I do have a hard time sleeping wondering whether or not it'll be the update Ness is brought back in with all his glory.

His Smash Bros. 64 glory. The only good thing Melee did for Ness was give him PK Flash.

It's not like I can't sleep without seeing the Dojo update (it DOES make it harder, though), but it's just so much more fun to discuss the update when it first happens.

FUCK

I JUST pre ordered brawl yesterday. I had a strong feeling it would be delayed but i was hoping otherwise...

im gonna go to gamestop and put my money on super mario galaxy now...my bday is on feb 16th so ill be able to get brawl anyway

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We can add Smart Bombs from Star Fox into the list of revealed things today.

Looks like you throw it and it blows up in mid-air with a HUGE explosion.

hiryu2015

When they first started the updates, I was in Arizona, getting the updates at 12AM...thinking I was on top of the world. Well, I moved to the East Coast and have struggled to adjust--like someone else said earlier, it's usually 4 when I finally get to sleep. Oh well, just 3 hours to go!

Zeed

Banned
The Dojo has definitely been the cause of more than one sleepless night for me. Time zones are the only thing I envy the West Coast for.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
You guys actually stay up for this shit every night? :lol

Just look in the morning dudes. plus you dream cooler shit about the update when you don't know its banana peel.

The Hermit

Hey guys, does square hold the rights to the Chrono character?
Because besides Vivi or even Terra I don't see any FF character in Brawl...

Iam Canadian

Baiano19 said:
Hey guys, does square hold the right to Chrono character?
Because besides Vivi or even Terra I don't see any FF character in Brawl...

I'm reasonably sure that Crono will never appear in a game again.

Firestorm

ckohler said:
I'm kinda new to this whole thread so can someone tell me at what time the Dojo site typically updates? I'm hoping they'll reveal Sonic's stage tonight.

Midnight Pacific, 3 AM Eastern. Usually about 5 minutes late. German site usually updates at :00.

scola said:

Just look in the morning dudes. plus you dream cooler shit about the update when you don't know its banana peel.

Yeah I guess I don't get it either, especially now with all these videos, we now know like 20 or 30 total items, levels, assist trophies, pokemon, final smashes, and such we didn't know about. What if the next month of dojo is just all that stuff?

BuddhaRockstar said:
Yeah I guess I don't get it either, especially now with all these videos, we now know like 20 or 30 total items, levels, assist trophies, pokemon, final smashes, and such we didn't know about. What if the next month of dojo is just all that stuff?

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting seeing how Sakurai's going to strech out these updates for those additional two months
or more
, now that the games release has been delayed.

tapedeck said:
I wonder how many people are losing sleep and walking around in a daze at work/school because of waiting for updates.:lol
Yeah, I'm developing a cold now because of my insomnia and stupidity. All because of these updates.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
:lol At new title, over 1,000 of them are thanks to Zeed.

Zeed said:
The next Ouendan game should totally have a level where Sakurai has to finish Brawl in time for Christmas.
Speaking of Ouendan... where is my cheer squad assist trophy. :(

Jiggy

scola said:

Just look in the morning dudes.
No can do, need my information and need it now. :D I'm on the west coast anyway, and I'd be staying up until midnight regardless--but with that said, I now stay up until 2:00 AM all the time. Kind of a "fun" habit.

Nintaiyo

Linkzg said:

Happens to me all the time. Then again, I'm going to be up late studying for a Chem test, so I might have an excuse.

Zozz

Banned
for some reason I read "this thread is bigger then Jesus Chirst" then I thought about the Beetles, then I imagined NeoGaf members in a press conference saying they're sorry...

Linkzg said:

Same here, with the following added in:

5:00 am - "Holy shit, there's already 10 pages more to get through:

6:00 am - "Damn you all, stop posting to profusely fast"

7:00 am - "Almost.... there..."

8:00 am - "ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...."

Anyway, I predict Sonic Music.

Oh, and btw, I posted a link to a wallpaper version of the SSBB sprites some pages back, just search for it or send me a PM. (Haunted, check your PM's for a link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom