• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If this guy sinks his teeth into you, it will launch you off in one blow. It’s pretty much certain that if you get hit, you’ll lose a life. But there’s nothing you can do. I mean, it IS the Ultimate Chimera.

:lol :lol

Pringo

Banned
Nice, I've been hoping more larger stages would be coming along. They're by far my favourites to play on.

Plus, more Mother updates are never a bad thing.

Jiggy

Firestorm, now's your chance to go send that PM you were talking about earlier to Amir0x, except with a stage instead of an item.

The scale of this stage is one of the grandest in the Smash Bros series. The scale is, say, about as same as that Temple stage—you know the one I’m talking about?

It’s New Pork City.

It is a city of chaos.

stage14_071015a-l.jpg

It’s too detailed to fully understand...

stage14_071015b-l.jpg

The buildings are like...billboards?

At any rate, it’s big, so if all someone does is run away, there will be no end to it. But with so much freedom, it becomes a giant playground.

stage14_071015c-l.jpg

There’s quite a lot of freedom.

Also, a monster known as the "Ultimate Chimera" appears on this stage.

stage14_071015d-l.jpg

The-there it is!

If this guy sinks his teeth into you, it will launch you off in one blow. It’s pretty much certain that if you get hit, you’ll lose a life. But there’s nothing you can do. I mean, it IS the Ultimate Chimera.

stage14_071015e-l.jpg

I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
This makes me sad that I can't read Japanese. I would love to know how Pokey came to conquer a giant futuristic metropolis.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
Firestorm, now's your chance to go send that PM you were talking about earlier to Amir0x, except with a stage instead of an item.

Hey your crappy game has a crappy stage in the game of the forever. You said you wanted updates in PM form :(

I hope I don't get banned :(

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Does anyone else hope there will be an option to limit the occurrence of stage interference? Stuff like the Chimera and Halbred's canon and what not that occur in other stages is all fine and good sometimes, but its also nice to not have to concern yourself with stage events.

I dont see what the fasicantion with lava levels is here. I saw we should all be praying for pandara drifts or better yet, the dark world. That would make an awesome battlefield dynamic.

Enduin said:
Does anyone else hope there will be an option to limit the occurrence of stage interference? Stuff like the Chimera and Halbred's canon and what not that occur in other stages is all fine and good sometimes, but its also nice to not have to concern yourself with stage events.
yeah that chimera thing seems pretty anoying plus its 1 hit kill

Iam Canadian

Enduin said:

That would be a nice feature.

Brinstar Depths might have been actually playable had it not had Kraid spinning the level around.

Jiggy

The more I look at this stage, the more I think it'll be one of my favorites for non-competitive play. Some of the building roofs look a bit too much like actual platforms, though, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Iam Canadian said:
This makes me sad that I can't read Japanese. I would love to know how Pokey came to conquer a giant futuristic metropolis.
Same. Though I guess he was well on his way with that
end boss mech
from Mother 2. And didn't he get rich also?

Firestorm said:
Hey your crappy game has a crappy stage in the game of the forever. You said you wanted updates in PM form :(

I hope I don't get banned :(
You actually did it? :lol

Iam Canadian said:

Actually...
He built this city after 'conquering' the original inhabitants and 'convincing' them to live his idea of a lifestyle. Of course could do this after loads of time and world traveling.
BTW, the reason the name is New Pork City is that Pokey's name should be actually Porky. (I'm not joking)

Darkpen

Banned
At any rate, it’s big, so if all someone does is run away, there will be no end to it. But with so much freedom, it becomes a giant playground.
lol, I love the fact that he goes ahead and just says that the stage is broken XD

So i watched all the IGN and co videos over the weekend of Smash Brawl.
I then put Smash Melee in my Wii and played.

I thin someone (Maybe GAMESPOT) said there was a slight improvement over Melee.
I laughed!!

usea

As somebody who hates hyrule temple and thinks it's a terrible stage for any type of fight, I'm still looking forward to playing this level. It's something new to play around with for a little bit. I like how the text acknowledges this type of stage is terrible for competitive play, but fun to mess around in.

Jiggy

I still think Sakurai feels the pain of our lack of Mother 3 and is intentionally pushing more of it into the game in an attempt to force NOA's hand. But maybe I'm just an optimist.

Of course, whether such an attempt would work even if that's what's really going on is another story.

Iam Canadian

I'm actually happy that this stage is monstrously huge. Maybe people playing with me will actually want to play a Mother stage now.

Rexaur

Seeing this stage makes me hope that Hyrule Temple (or all Melee stages) returns. That was just a good stage for a change of pace and you could battle it out underground and get 200+% damage and still people would have a hard time killing you.

Despite this level being big, if someone hits you hard, odds are there's no coming back.

Firestorm

usea said:
I'm somebody who hates hyrule temple and thinks it's a terrible stage for any type of fight, I'm still looking forward to playing this level. It's something new to play around with for a little bit. I like how the text acknowledges this type of stage is terrible for competitive play, but fun to mess around in.

Well, the bottom left isn't as bad. There's still a bit of a ceiling to tech off of but there are more holes so you probably won't live as long... The problem with Hyrule Temple was it was broken in competitive play and took too long in free for alls. I mean, if there are people waiting to play and Hyrule Temple came up, it was like having to wait for two matches to finish instead of one.

One of the reasons I have it set off for random.

Firestorm said:
:O Unknown Dungeon would be cool. Dunno why I never thought of that. Come to think of it, how come there's never been a cave level in Smash when so much of Pokemon takes place in caves?

You could have Zubats flying around and Digletts and Dugtrios singing their song from the Pokemon show. haha.

AND OH MAN. How about that scrolling cave level from Pokemon snap with its music?

As for tonight's actual stage update..AWESOME!

Boo to those naysayers that were complaining about level design just a few hours ago.

Jiggy37 said:
I still think Sakurai feels the pain of our lack of Mother 3 and is intentionally pushing more of it into the game in an attempt to force NOA's hand. But maybe I'm just an optimist.

Of course, whether such an attempt would work even if that's what's really going on is another story.

Maybe Nintendo will hear our pleas and remake Mother 3 for the DS in 3D.

Iam Canadian

It's slightly disheartening to see that every Mother bit of info we've seen so far has been Mother 3 related. (Except maybe the Franklin Badge? Was the Franklin Badge in Mother 3?) I mean, I'll take my Mother fix in any form I can get it, but hopefully there's some Mother 1 and Mother 2 stuff as well.

Both Lucas and New Pork City were unveiled on a Monday. They are the true Mondaytons.

Lets all be honest, if mother 3 were released it would bomb harder than boogie. You guys are the vocal minority. I say the best chance you will ever get is mayber a wii ware release or maybe VC if Nintendo adds the gameboy.

Koomaster

Iam Canadian said:
I agree with this.
I agree as well. It's a little jab at my heart that I'll be seeing all this cool stuff from Mother 3 without ever being able to play it. Translate Mother 3 already Nintendo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom