• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

Jiggy37 said:
Well, I could see how SF2 would be pretty easy to manage, but DOA4 presents a stronger case. Still, Smash has four players, items spawning, and more dynamic stages than DOA.
So you're saying that Smash Bros+chat is somehow more complex and would require more bandwidth than any voice-chat-capable online game for any console? There's no way.

If voice chat is excluded, it'll be because Nintendo either doesn't want to make a Wii microphone (which is a little crazy, considering the amount of additional Wii peripherals) or because of their bizzare online philosophy. Remember the initial wi-fi annoucement?
If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.
That's a bit nuts.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Holy shit. Custom stages, custom stage sharing, and daily (or thereabouts) content downloads (mostly user created, I imagine) from Nintendo?

Wowness.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
epmode said:
because of their bizzare online philosophy. Remember the initial wi-fi annoucement?That's a bit nuts.

I'm pretty sure that's a cultural thing. At least, that's what people more knowledgeable about Japan than I have said.

dfyb said:
TheShaft.png

the bottom area would be conveyer belts moving toward the hole

I like this, very very much. If it were me, I'd not have ladders--let people on the bottom fight their way up, or just give up and die to get back on the top.

[Nintex]

First thing I thought of when the level builder was unveiled
no not a penis
smbcastlesmash.jpg

Didn't see you guys were already creating Mario levels:D

Edit: I think I need to turn the flag pole into a ladder to make the stage more playable.

gabe90

Oh my god. If this much creative content is already coming from this thread, I can't wait to see the real user created stages.

Looks like I finally have a reason to register my Wii code with the GAF.

dfyb

Banned
Xeke said:
Mario20320subgame.jpg

This level NEEDS to be made.
mariobrosv2.png

but that would probably be sorta confined - not really sure how well it'd play.

mariobrosv1.png

this one would probably play better, but it isn't as accurate (top platform may not be accessible, but it really depends on how the game handles boundries)

edit: it would be REALLY fun to be able to set side boundries to just teleport you to the other side instantly like in mario bros. get hit really hard and you'd fly across the map like 3 times :lol. the top could be left open for kills.

thefro

That flash stage builder totally accurate as far as size goes, since I see 3 different possible stage sizes, plus you can zoom in and out on the screen and enlarge/shrink parts. The update only shows the middle size stage.

MercuryLS

Banned
This game is going to be the coolest shit ever, EVER.

When is it delayed to? With all the shit they're adding all the time I can patiently wait.

Tim-E

I don't know if it's been said before, but the Mario Bros. level idea made me think that this, too, definitely needs to be a level:

2h7jsrs.gif

Jiggy

epmode said:
Jiggy37 said:
Well, I could see how SF2 would be pretty easy to manage, but DOA4 presents a stronger case. Still, Smash has four players, items spawning, and more dynamic stages than DOA.
So you're saying that Smash Bros+chat is somehow more complex and would require more bandwidth than any voice-chat-capable online game for any console? There's no way.
No, that's not at all what I'm saying. I said it was more complex than DOA4, and than other fighting games.
I have no idea about multiplayer games outside that genre since I usually don't play them. >_>

If voice chat is excluded, it'll be because Nintendo either doesn't want to make a Wii microphone (which is a little crazy, considering the amount of additional Wii peripherals) or because of their bizzare online philosophy. Remember the initial wi-fi annoucement?
This is just one Nintendo team and it might be disbanded after this game... I'm not sure how much the general company philosophy applies to Sakurai specifically, since he does basically everything that the rest of the company won't. Mario Kart is literally less than 10% as full-featured as Smash Bros., and that's a "flagship" sort of game.

But anyway, I think you're right that Nintendo's refusal to make a Wii microphone will ultimately be the obstacle to voice chat here.

BrawlCustomLevel002.jpg

My attempt at an asymmetrical stage. It was actually hard for me to do that. :lol I tend to do symmetrical stuff without even realizing it.
Anyway, I tried to make a stage with several distinct parts, kinda like Hyrule Castle, each of them could almost have been a single stage. Vertical movement for the two platforms on the lleft, the other two don't move and you can go through them. Characters who can wall jump should have a slight advantage when fighting in the bottom left part. If the option is available I intend to make most surfaces as slippery as that UFO in Fourside.

Holy Order Sol said:
BrawlCustomLevel002.jpg

My attempt at an asymmetrical stage. It was actually hard for me to do that. :lol I tend to do symmetrical stuff without even realizing it.
Anyway, I tried to make a stage with several distinct parts, kinda like Hyrule Castle, each of them could almost have been a single stage. Vertical movement for the two platforms on the lleft, the other two don't move and you can go through them. Characters who can wall jump should have a slight advantage when fighting in the bottom left part. If the option is available I intend to make most surfaces as slippery as that UFO in Fourside.

I think that would be a great stage, but I'd prefer if it was NOT slippy. Walking on the UFO in Fourside was more annoying than anything else.

MutFox

Banned
Breaktime.jpg

Here's one I made for fun... :p
I just wanted a lot of breakable stuff...
Anything that's narrow can be broken through. :D
(Except the moving platforms...)

Linkhero1

MutFox said:
Breaktime.jpg

Here's one I made for fun... :p
I just wanted a lot of breakable stuff...
Anything that's narrow can be broken through. :D
(Except the moving platforms...)
I like it. If you make it I'll play with it.

CTLance

I'd probably break the game in doing so, but if the spikes "smash" characters while doing damage I'd make a square room with spikes pointing inwards and nearly no platforms, or only moving ones. Something closely resembling RagnarokXs' suggestion, only less platforms, no exit, and only spikes. You cannot die in this.

But you hopefully could reach insane speeds at 999%. Maybe even enough to clip you through the spikewall. The physics engine would likely go bonkers at one point, I expect interesting results.
vr6bl4.png

Can't wait to mess with this game. On all accounts.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
CTLance said:
I'd probably break the game in doing so, but if the spikes "smash" characters while doing damage I'd make a square room with spikes pointing inwards and nearly no platforms, or only moving ones. Something closely resembling RagnarokXs' suggestion, only less platforms, no exit, and only spikes. You cannot die in this.

But you hopefully could reach insane speeds at 999%. Maybe even enough to clip you through the spikewall. The physics engine would likely go bonkers at one point, I expect interesting results.
vr6bl4.png

Can't wait to mess with this game. On all accounts.
reminds me of ganondorfs break the targets stage on melee

So in a twenty four hours, I've gone from "I'm pretty hyped for this, considering it will be great, but Mario Galaxy is first priority" to "HOLY FUCK WHY IS FEBRUARY SO FAR AWAY JUST LET ME PLAY IT"

Linkhero1

ShockingAlberto said:
So in a twenty four hours, I've gone from "I'm pretty hyped for this, considering it will be great, but Mario Galaxy is first priority" to "HOLY FUCK WHY IS FEBRUARY SO FAR AWAY JUST LET ME PLAY IT"
Pretty much and this is going to be the only game that'll rape your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom