• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wan't a paper mario item so freakin bad. It would be a 2d 1up mushroom that rotates as it slides by. If you pick it up, your character turns into the 2d version of themselves...

Teasel

nice update... you know i was thinking,event 51 was already hard enough when there wasn't any difficulty setting,if they put something similiar how the heck are you supposed to beat it on hard? what's next? hard cruel brawl?

pulga said:
*rubs chin* Too true, too true. Difficulty Sliders update is hereby back on the market!

The fear of the sliders shall never fully leave. It will haunt us whenever we think of
Novembust.

Man, that was a pretty decent update. I'm definitely glad the events are back, but I dislike the fact that you can make them easier. Meh, not like I have to use it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
KittenMaster said:
This is a good gen to be a Bowser fan.

And how! :D :D

All we need now is that Bowser-centralized strategy game where you design levels to impede Mario's progression to Princess Peach though various traps, spikes, pitfalls and devious enemies and I'll be one happy chappy.

SantaC

SuperAngelo64 said:
87dsbrk.gif

:lol

MrCheez said:
OH also (SUPER MARIO GALAXY END GAME SPOILER >>>)
Your SMG screenshot of Bowser... does that ever happen in the game? I don't remember him ever breathing a stream of fire (instead of fireballs) or ever having any part of the Bowser fights taking place on the top of the castle.. Thats a shame if they cut that out :(
First Bowser level, when he's shooting out fireballs. The screenshot is misleading, it is never a "stream" like it looks. It's just how it looks when he's shooting fireballs at Mario. This is before Mario gets on to the center octagon thing - he's probably doing a back-flip in to a spin to make that pose. Super manufactured for the official screenshot.

NTom64

Sweet, hope they get some co-op events in there or something. Also, I just realised how much better the interface is compared to Melee's :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Did stamina give you 200 hp before? or was it 100?

I hope this indicates a user selected stamina level in MP, that was sorely missing in melee.

I would also like stock stamina, 3 lives on stamina each.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glad to see events return, one of my favorite parts of Melee. I remember I had the game for weeks before even finding out about them but once I started I couldn't stop. Looks the the scenarios are a bit crazier right off the bat, too.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really hope they cram more than 51 of them in this time. They made the single player of Melee such an awesome experience, and far more interesting than the limp Adventure mode. (Though Jiggly ruled the super hard final few challenges).

How to Play: Punching

In Smash Bros., the way to win is knock people out of the ring. Sometimes you don't know how to press B, and sometimes kicking is for girls. So you punch them instead!

Press A to punch!

Press A twice to punch them twice!

Press A three times to punch them three times!

We have truly thought of everything. Yes.

If you accidentally mash the stick, your punch will be harder. Try to do this.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So.... want to hear the newest wacky speculation that the internet has cooked up?

various16_071129a-l.jpg

Every event that can be seen in this screenshot is detailed in the update EXCEPT for the second one. The second event looks to be a Star Fox event (with the Landmaster tank).

What does the glorious Internet think the reason for skipping over this event could be???

I'll give you a hint. Think blue and furry. O_O

Of course this confirms nothing, but it isn't that far-fetched of a theory actually... The other events seen on this screenshot all have newcomers included in them.

Hopefully Falco is a starter featured in this event instead of Krystal, though!

MrCheez said:
Of course this confirms nothing, but it isn't that far-fetched of a theory actually... The other events seen on this screenshot all have newcomers included in them.

Hopefully Falco is a starter featured in this event instead of Krystal, though!

So, you mean blue and feathery then? Personally, I'd rather keep him as the prize for the hundred man melee.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
It is the landsmaster.. They aren't speculating that that is a screenshot of Krystal, rather that Krystal is a character featured in the event itself (since landmaster = star fox themed event) and this is the reason it wasn't covered on the update.

Crow: Everyone is speculating about Krystal (hence blue and furry), but I myself am hoping for Falco. :O (He'd probably make more sense as an unlockable though... Krystal on the starting roster would add more variety)

Also, again: This is all nothing but craaaazy speculation

Jiggy

scola said:
Did stamina give you 200 hp before? or was it 100?

I hope this indicates a user selected stamina level in MP, that was sorely missing in melee.

I would also like stock stamina, 3 lives on stamina each.
It was 150. But yeah, I think a good number of us are holding out for adjustable HP and stock stamina.

I'm well aware about the Krystal battle, Mr. Cheez. I've taken part in them. I was merely commenting that Falco's feathery. And it does look like someone on the Landmaster. I also imagine in the first ten we will see mostly starting roster characters. So, I'm expecting Dedede to be a starter.

Jiggly, I hate to do it to you, but do you remember what event it was in Melee had the first unlockable character?

NeonZ

I know he's a recolor but he's a way cooler character.

Actually, the site update called that costume "Dark Fox", so I suppose it isn't meant to be Wolf, after all.

Jiggly, I hate to do it to you, but do you remember what event it was in Melee had the first unlockable character?

29, I think. The one VS Ganondorf.

Akinola

doogles said:
Guys guys guys: Wolf would be so much cooler than either. I know he's a recolor but he's a way cooler character.

Personally, I love Leon, but he has no chance of getting in.

"Annoying bird, I am the great Leon!"

oh man, they ALL should be in there. I would love to see Peppy ditch the walking stick and bring out the laser pistol.

Also, slippy toad for new highest jumper--gtfo falco. Much love to Falco, tho.

It'd be great if the StarFox team could show up randomly during the codec scenes, as if Snake entered the wrong frequency or something :

- Colonel, who's that guy over there ?
- DO A BARREL ROLL

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Leon was always the best member of Star Wolf. I'm glad he was never marginalized in the subsequent games like Pigma and Andrew were.

My wild theory about event 2 is that it involves having to survive an onslaught of Landmasters for a certain period of time.

By the way, if the hard versions of the events are F-Zero GX levels of hard, then I will be a happy camper.

I think there are going to be some "dark" versions of characters that will be used in Subspace.

We already know about Dark Link and it's logical to assume it's just Dark Link from Zelda II (and, I guess, Ocarina). But Dark Fox and Dark Metaknight don't make any sense, but we've seen Fox on the Dojo and Metaknight from E for All. And I'm sure there are some others.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
ShockingAlberto said:
We already know about Dark Link and it's logical to assume it's just Dark Link from Zelda II (and, I guess, Ocarina). But Dark Fox and Dark Metaknight don't make any sense, but we've seen Fox on the Dojo and Metaknight from E for All. And I'm sure there are some others.

Dark Fox looks like Wolf and Dark Meta Knight resembles the Mirror World counterpart of Meta Knight from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Edit: And if Samus has a dark colour, it's most likely the Phazon or Dark Suit from the Prime games.

Wow, that made my fucking day if it's true!

I can see alot've tourneykids getting mad about the Shiek thing though.

But I'd make a new thread about that before sp0rsk goes all mod-squad on you.

EDIT: Actually on second thought this seems kind've bullshit; why would Shiek be downgraded instead've upgraded if he/she is now a FS?

The only way that makes sense is if turning into Shiek follows a "Big Bang" attack on Zelda's behalf.

I hope it's true.

Because I hate the "HA, SOME LONG GONE INTERVIEW SAID THEY ARE UNLOCKABLE SO YOU ARE WRONG OWNED OWNED OWNED I AM SO COOL" people, and the tourneytwats who will hate sheik's change.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
RoboPlato said:
There's a lot of tourney players who are going to be pissed if Sheik is an FS.

A lot of "people who just like to play like Sheik because they like playing as Sheik" people, too!

*fumes preemptively*

GamerSoul

Even if it's not true, I want to "record" it here so I could go back to check it after we learn more about Zelda, Sheik, etc. It would be cool if it's true, but nothing is final yet, and that's what makes people most skeptic about stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom