• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Actually, I love this music. It's an excellent Angel Island remix and it's a shame it isn't longer.

This isn't the megaton I was hoping for, but it's pretty darn sweet.

Iam Canadian

You people disparaging this update are getting a bit greedy, I think; this is pretty sweet music. As far as I'm concerned, it was a perfect way to get the Super Sonic update out of the way without making an unbelievably boring day. Be glad this isn't Novembust or we would have gotten just the Final Smash.

kamikaze

apparently the only dates of significance to sakurai are 1/24/08, 2/10/08, and tdb. :p

i still think there's at least another big update (or at least a character update) coming before japanese launch.

Sciz

Holy hell not only is it not GHZ, it's an Angel Island Zone rockout aka BEST MUSIC UPDATE EVER.

Merry Christmas to you too, Sakurai.

and yes, Jun Senoue still ROCKS

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
You people disparaging this update are getting a bit greedy, I think; this is pretty sweet music. As far as I'm concerned, it was a perfect way to get the Super Sonic update out of the way without making an unbelievably boring day. Be glad this isn't Novembust or we would have gotten just the Final Smash.

THANK YOU. I think people are just complaining just to complain at this point. This is a far cry to Novembust, or even the mostly "dry summer".

And any way, Angel Island Zone was great. I hope that they mix Act 2 in there some how...

Meloche

For a song I've never heard in a game before and therefore have no special attachment to whatsoever, unlike the rest of the music featured in this game... it's not bad. At least we've gotten another final smash out of the way though -- just ZSS, Snake, and Zelda final smashes remaining, right Jiggy? And two of those we don't know from E for All.

edit -- gave it another listen, I'd go so far as to say it's quite good, even. I've never been able to get into Sonic games though, they just aren't my thing. Do they generally have good music?

Firestorm

I read Final Smash and my reaction was "wtf we got this already"

And then... music. OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES OHHHHHHHHHHH YESSS GOD YES YES YES

Iam Canadian

SantaC said:
Why no more new challengers :( dont tell me the roster is full already

Sakurai has probably revealed most, if not all, of the default characters already. He's most likely going to leave the unlockables for us to discover...and I discover, I of course mean learn of as soon as the game comes out in Japan from the lucky few that will get it early. *Glares pointedly at TreIII*

Sharp

What is with this shitty music? Sonic 3 has awesome music, and I have no idea what the hell they did to it to make it suck this bad, but they did and it is terribly disappointing. At least for Kid Icarus it's excusable because the game didn't have great music to begin with, but this? Unacceptable, dudes, especially on the same day as another poor update like Super Sonic.

Kusagari

The song used as the background music for the Sonic The Hedgehog Joins the Brawl movie is called "Live and Learn." As you can tell by listening, it’s a pretty hot song, and it has many fans. Oh... You can, of course, enjoy the original version in this game as well.

Live and Learn is confirmed for Brawl, awesome.

Iam Canadian

Sciz said:
Holy hell not only is it not GHZ, it's an Angel Island Zone rockout aka BEST MUSIC UPDATE EVER.

Merry Christmas to you too, Sakurai.

and yes, Jun Senoue still ROCKS

Angel Island isn't my favourite music from Sonic 3 and Knuckles...I prefer Hydrocity Act 2, Flying Battery Act 2, and Sandopolis. In fact, Angel Island never stood out in my mind as being particularly good.

Jun Senoue has turned a song I never cared about into one of my favourite music updates.

Sharp

Iam Canadian said:
Angel Island isn't my favourite music from Sonic 3 and Knuckles...I prefer Hydrocity Act 2, Flying Battery Act 2, and Sandopolis. In fact, Angel Island never stood out in my mind as being particularly good.

Jun Senoue has turned a song I never cared about into one of my favourite music updates.
Really? You think it was improved in the transition?

Wow. Guess my tastes diverge with those of a lot of GAF.

I will agree that Angel Island isn't anywhere near the best music from S3&K though.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Iam Canadian said:
I think people have forgotten that the updates pre-November weren't nearly as good as they seem to remember, so now every update gets a "meh" from them.

I honestly think that if you switched the updates for December and a pre-November month, people would still be saying "these updates aren't nearly as good as before!"

Sciz

TreIII said:
And any way, Angel Island Zone was great. I hope that they mix Act 2 in there some how...

The very end starts to segue into it.

To reiterate: AWESOME UPDATE, thou shalt not complain.

And I now have a strong desire for Sega to have Senoue remix S3&K's entire soundtrack.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Crushed said:
I think people have forgotten that the updates pre-November weren't nearly as good as they seem to remember, so now every update gets a "meh" from them.

I honestly think that if you switched the updates for December and a pre-November month, people would still be saying "these updates aren't nearly as good as before!"

The overlong gap between character announcements is what is bugging people.

Until there's another one, every update will be an anticlimax to some.

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
Sakurai has probably revealed most, if not all, of the default characters already. He's most likely going to leave the unlockables for us to discover...and I discover, I of course mean learn of as soon as the game comes out in Japan from the lucky few that will get it early. *Glares pointedly at TreIII*

And I see what you did thar too, IC. :D

Like I said, trust; when I get the game, you can bet that I'll just make a dedicated topic for it and any other spoilers that people can unearth from the internet.

Iam Canadian

Crushed said:

October was a phenomenally awesome month, so much so that the other months pale in comparison. A lot of the hate towards November is likely a result of the sudden stoppage of the amazing October updates. November itself wasn't that much worse than the summer months. December so far has probably been above the quality of both the summer and Novembust.

ezekial45

Banned
Kusagari said:
The song used as the background music for the Sonic The Hedgehog Joins the Brawl movie is called "Live and Learn." As you can tell by listening, it’s a pretty hot song, and it has many fans. Oh... You can, of course, enjoy the original version in this game as well.

Live and Learn is confirmed for Brawl, awesome.

I'm assuming it's going to be instrumental. Still great to hear.

Damn that music is HOT. Sonic's Final Smash isn't news though. They should have laid it all out on the table after they let people play the damn game. That's the real problem with the site. They keep "revealing" things that have been known since E4All.

Iam Canadian

Sharp said:
Really? You think it was improved in the transition?

Wow. Guess my tastes diverge with those of a lot of GAF.

I will agree that Angel Island isn't anywhere near the best music from S3&K though.

It could be that I never really liked the sound of the original Angel Island that much and that I'm a sucker for guitars.

ezekial45

Banned
StrikerObi said:
Damn that music is HOT. Sonic's Final Smash isn't news though. They should have laid it all out on the table after they let people play the damn game. That's the real problem with the site. They keep "revealing" things that have been known since E4All.

We get some new pics. Thats sort of a plus.

Christopher

I LOVE Jun Senoue's work in Sonic Adventure one and two awesome he's part of the team

Shame they ditched him from Sonic 360, it shows.

"Live and Learn" has many fans? I thought Open Your Heart would have more.

celebi23

Damn, it's been a long time since I've heard that music. Need to replay Sonic 3 :lol Can't wait for this game. Prepare to be pwned by Super Sonic!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom