• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble

KevinCow said:
But man, whether it's tonight or not, I can't wait to see it. Melee's is still so epic. The original Brawl trailer was epic. The SSE videos we've seen so far have been epic. The Brawl opening is going to be fucking epic.

Melee's one looks dry right now =X I'm hoping that the Brawl opening will be as good as the Koei Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors openings. They're some of the best.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I can't wait to see Brawl's opening. Melee's was one of the few things in video games to ever drop my jaw at how mind-blowingly awesome it is. Considering how mind-blowingly awesome Brawl is shaping up to be, its opening will surely follow suit.

I just hope that it's not a bunch of SSE clips spliced together.

Fireblend

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo went to the same lengths to make the opening sequence this time as they did for Melee. From wikipedia:

The developers wanted to pay homage to the debut of the GameCube by making an opening FMV sequence that would attract people's attention to the graphics.[27] HAL worked with three separate graphic houses in Tokyo to make the opening sequence.

Either way, I'm pretty sure the intro is gonna be amazing. :D Although the best opening sequence is still Namco x Capcom's for me. Pretty difficult to beat that, IMO.

Neomoto

Oh man... the ONE day I miss one smash update and they announce a fucking awesome Mushroomy Kingdom stage? Holy shit! An incredible update and great music too.

And even though the update today seemed a little bit "weak" in comparison, I absolutely love how Lylat Cruise looks in motion. Just amazing. Also, I love how they all play with Nintendo's all star icons and the player how plays as Sonic finishes last hehe.

In the home run contest footage it looks like Peach wavedashes backwards to grab the bat..its probaley not that though. Can someone tell me what it is?

TreIII

Scribble said:
Melee's one looks dry right now =X I'm hoping that the Brawl opening will be as good as the Koei Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors openings. They're some of the best.

CG FMV Intros are always gravy.

But what I'm also interested in, would be more of the "in-game cutscenes" that we also got through Melee. Remember some of those interesting ones, where Bowser had a Mr. Saturn "held hostage" and then Ness roughed him up a bit to take the Mr. Saturn back with him?

I loved those. And giving how a lot of these recent commercials have been in the same vein of humor, I'm looking forward to seeing what got in this time. :D

sp0rsk icon

bleeeeeehhhhhh

I think we've seen a bunch of the opening video already. A bunch of it was in the revealing video we got when we first saw brawl. But then again maybe I'm an idiot.

Teasel

Jiggy37 said:
Hmm, Friday prediction.
Friday is master of Subspace Emissary updates by far (6 of them on Friday, compared to 6 of them combined between Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday), but I don't expect one of those; besides being infrequent in general, they've probably showed off about all they want to show off before the game's release.
Friday is also master of stage updates, but we just had one of those on Wednesday, and the only time we had two stages in one week was in the period of July 23rd to July 27th, 2007. (Well, more accurately July 23rd to July 25th, but hey.)

So what else is there?
Special moves: Nah. The only ones left are all for veterans, who seem to have been largely avoided since the beginning of the Dojo (exceptions being Mario with his new move, Kirby with his funny pictures, and--for some reason--Fox with absolutely nothing changed).
Final smash: Nah. Only one left is Zero Suit Samus, and Friday's only had two final smash updates out of twenty-three.
How to play: Nah. Friday sucks at those, 2 out of 18. :p
Game mode: Maybe.
Item: No. Very infrequent update type in general, and Friday is the least even among what little there's been.
Assist trophy: No.
Poke Ball: Friday's never had one.
Music: Nah; had it on Wednesday.
Character: Maybe.

I predict the statistics page.

friday is the day of SE update and we got already spoiled on the (do i really need to spoiler this stuff?)
samus X pikachu
team by the ads so that
anyway anyone else playing melee in the meanwhile to pass time? i just picked it up again after a long time and discovered the awesomeness of luigi and the ice climbers

TreIII

....Hmmm....dunno if i'm feeling the new avatar pic...

I still think this one was my favorite:

imageqb4.gif

:D :D

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I can't wait to see Brawl's opening. Melee's was one of the few things in video games to ever drop my jaw at how mind-blowingly awesome it is. Considering how mind-blowingly awesome Brawl is shaping up to be, its opening will surely follow suit.

I just hope that it's not a bunch of SSE clips spliced together.
They put together a totally unique sequence just for E3 2006; I don't think we have anything to worry about. :D

Fireblend said:
I wonder if Nintendo went to the same lengths to make the opening sequence this time as they did for Melee. From wikipedia:

Either way, I'm pretty sure the intro is gonna be amazing. :D Although the best opening sequence is still Namco x Capcom's for me. Pretty difficult to beat that, IMO.
The Melee intro is pretty much the greatest videogame opening cinematic of all time! I hope the Brawl intro can top it. :D

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jiggy37 said:
I predict the statistics page.
I predict "Hey, we actually made a whole lot more so people don't have to wait to February on lists to buy the game!"
Because that'd be nice. FUCK.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
CreatureX3 said:
The Melee intro is pretty much the greatest videogame opening cinematic of all time! I hope the Brawl intro can top it. :D
It'll just be a zoom in on Captain Falcon's crotch and upon impact the announcer shouts "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL!"
I think it'll be a winner.

Cynar said:
I just watched again. His shield does indeed go up before he does the backwards dodge and goes into his final smash. The shield is up between 3:57 and 3:58. :D

Yup, Ike's backwards roll isn't a roll, but rather a backwards dash, a la Mewtwo, but not as quick.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
TreIII said:
....Hmmm....dunno if i'm feeling the new avatar pic...

I still think this one was my favorite:

imageqb4.gif

:D :D

Yes, this was a lazy quickie, I just wanted to get rid of Mario before Smash came out.

Don't steal my old avatars, it only leads to confusion. And I'm sure you don't want me changing it to a maldeformed luckystar avatar when I get home.

Jiggy

RevenantKioku said:
I predict "Hey, we actually made a whole lot more so people don't have to wait to February on lists to buy the game!"
Because that'd be nice. FUCK.
Most of us have a longer wait ahead than you. :(

Formless

I don't like how Snake's grenades don't explode on impact. The combo of his mines, C4, and those grenades could be very interesting though...

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jiggy37 said:
Most of us have a longer wait ahead than you. :(
So? It's going to be out in this country and I just got a call saying they won't have a copy for me. That's worse than waiting longer. :p

Jiggy

RevenantKioku said:
So? It's going to be out in this country and I just got a call saying they won't have a copy for me. That's worse than waiting longer. :p
Yeah, in the broadest sense, even I can admit that's worse. If this game doesn't perform up to expectations because Nintendo couldn't manage to print enough discs, well...

:mad:

Edit: Angry Rena Avatar says it all. :mad: Though she'll be gone in a few minutes or so.

Meloche

CreatureX3 said:
They should have Toad be the announcer! :lol
:lol That would be hilarious.

Actually that'd be really neat if they had several announcers that you could choose from -- like in Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XII with the killer Pierce Brosnan house! Although I doubt Nintendo would record several different voices to serve the same purpose... even for Brawl. Alternatively, an option that made characters say their own names when selected would be a neat change every once in a while. Melee announcer was pretty amazing though, I'll give them that. SUPER SMASH BROTHERRRSS... MELEEE!!

Cowie

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, in the broadest sense, even I can admit that's worse. If this game doesn't perform up to expectations because Nintendo couldn't manage to print enough discs, well...

:mad:

Edit: Angry Rena Avatar says it all. :mad: Though she'll be gone in a few minutes or so.

haha, well, at least with the case of melee, i'd say smash is one of those games that will always sell. You'd be hard pressed to find a store with any remnants of a gamecube section that doesn't have melee for the $30 its been going for for like 6 years now.

Incidentally, there was always something about your avatar that threw me off, even after i realized that it changed once in a while. The angry Rena face looks EXACTLY like an angry Haruhi face, and at some point your avatar does in fact turn into Haruhi.

Jiggy

Cowie said:
haha, well, at least with the case of melee, i'd say smash is one of those games that will always sell. You'd be hard pressed to find a store with any remnants of a gamecube section that doesn't have melee for the $30 its been going for for like 6 years now.
Well, yes, this is true. I think some of the J-Gaffers in the Sales-Age thread have also said it's still being sold for the equivalent of $50 in Japan, even. >_> (I could be remembering incorrectly, though.)

Incidentally, there was always something about your avatar that threw me off, even after i realized that it changed once in a while. The angry Rena face looks EXACTLY like an angry Haruhi face, and at some point your avatar does in fact turn into Haruhi.
Hmm. This is... a good point. >_>

ShockingAlberto said:
What is this about the game being hard to find?
Probably the reason for the delay in the first place. :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
sp0rsk said:
Yes, this was a lazy quickie, I just wanted to get rid of Mario before Smash came out.

Don't steal my old avatars, it only leads to confusion. And I'm sure you don't want me changing it to a maldeformed luckystar avatar when I get home.

Should add the flaming smash ball eyes.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I predict Zero Suit Samus' final smash. If not tonight then next week. It's really boring but he has to show it eventually.

Azuran

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
The new announcer sucks because he isn't the old one. :(

I found the old announcer to be really overrated. Anyways, maybe the new one will have a bunch of epic lines that will make everyone fall in love with it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
RevenantKioku said:

When did you preorder?

I'm actually getting tired of the Dojo updates (though if we get stuff like Mushroomy Kingdom then keep 'em coming!). I want the damn game already. Lots of info "leaks" lately have spoiled me I guess, and I don't really look forward to the Dojo updates because they're more than likely things we already know about.

Who am I kidding, I'll still stay up to see them.

Jiggy

I'm not sure which reply I prefer, so I'll just give both.

ant1532 said:
Just realized SSE is going to be the most epic story without any dialogue
You mean gasps and shouts don't count? :(
ant1532 said:
Just realized SSE is going to be the most epic story without any dialogue
Yeah, Nintendo finally decided that they wanted to get in on the cinematic gaming front shown by the likes of Final Fantasy. Unfortunately, when they went back to look at the roots of cinema, they went really back to the roots of cinema...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom