• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
So Jigster, how long until we get an exact percentage of how disappointing this update was when factoring in the recent spoiler developments we've received today? :D

Jiggy

-The shared Zelda and Sheik final smash marks the beginning of the 35th week of updates, the 170th update day, and the 200th update overall. I usually don't add any commentary to these mentions in the first part of these posts, but I think this time I will: imagine how awesome it would be if more games actually had 35 weeks of hype, buildup, and streams of information. Sometimes the scope of what Sakurai and company have done with the Dojo is lost to people because of the more "lackluster" updates, but over time they've really done a magnificent job.

-Final smashes hit 23 updates, surpassing stages and music. Nothing new, really; final smashes, stages, and music have been in a three-way dance for like five weeks now. :p (I'm not being exact on the five week thing.)

-The Zelda series reaches 9 updates, surpassing Star Fox and Donkey Kong.

-Zero Suit Samus is now the only revealed announced-on-the-Dojo character without a final smash update. The end is in sight. :eek: (Unless of course we get another character announced before then, which I've consistently said I am predicting for Tuesday.)

-Monday ties Tuesday for number of final smash updates, at 5 a piece--still well below Thursday's 8.

-Pit breaks away from a tie with Yoshi at 68 screenshots a piece, and has now had 71. Zelda and Sheik don't move around in the rankings.

-Only 7 days of updates remain until the Japanese release date. At that time or before, we should know everything about the game. :eek: Not just the roster. Everything. :eek: I'm drooling over here.

zelda_080121a-l.jpg

zelda_080121d-l.jpg

zelda_080121e-l.jpg

<Light Arrow>

In the final battles of many of the Legend of Zelda games, you didn’t want to be low on arrows. A lot of times they were Silver Arrows, though...

Zelda’s ace in the hole is the magical Light Arrow, which you can use even as Sheik.

zelda_080121a-l.jpg

Ready for the Final Smash!

zelda_080121b-l.jpg

Draw the bow tight...

zelda_080121c-l.jpg

Fire! A beam of light pierces your enemy.

zelda_080121d-l.jpg

Your enemy is blown away by a tremendous force!

When you’re using Sheik, some of the characteristics of the attack will change, like the direction your opponent gets knocked in.

It’s good to use the character whose attack is best suited to the cover on each stage, but you probably shouldn’t worry TOO much about that.

zelda_080121e-l.jpg

After all, once they’re hit, they’re pretty much done for.

If you’re just playing one-on-one though, the Light Arrow might be easy to dodge. Try to create a situation where you have a good shot.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Iam Canadian said:
So Jigster, how long until we get an exact percentage of how disappointing this update was when factoring in the recent spoiler developments we've received today? :D

I guess he has some work left to do on his Disapoint-o-meter, but that will come in handy for some girls thread in the OT.

Zelda smash. *yawn*

I think from now on the most useful information will come from leaked info. If the Dojo doesn't want to dish any more spoilers, I'll look for them myself!

Jiggy

Why is GAF loading so slow? :(

Iam Canadian said:
I'm not in a position to judge that because my perception is unfairly colored.
You see, as far as final smash updates go I'd have to personally consider this among the best the Dojo has ever offered, just because it provides info for two characters simultaneously.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:
I'm not in a position to judge that because my perception is unfairly colored.
You see, as far as final smash updates go I'd have to personally consider this among the best the Dojo has ever offered, just because it provides info for two characters simultaneously.

ZOMG! Is this an unoffical double update?

Like it was mentioned already... how often is "periodically" going to be now? Since it won't be daily anymore =(

... or will it? some say it's always been like that?

Jiggy

There's something I appreciate about two Dojo thread posters having Yuki avatars.

On another note, what are you all getting worried about? That "periodically" wording has been there since the beginning. And the UK/Ireland site still has an additional notice above it that the site is updated daily. So does the French one. I'm not sure what the other languages say, though... But I will say that I think the US one is only different because the text at the top is to reflect a delay that only really affected NA in the first place.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MindCollizion said:
Like it was mentioned already... how often is "periodically" going to be now? Since it won't be daily anymore =(

... or will it? some say it's always been like that?

Only the US one says that, the other languages still say daily.

PkunkFury said:
depends how rational you are

The game has already exceeded my expectations, so unless something has been removed I'm fine with anything.

Is none of the news OMG awesome? I'll look if it's just about stuff not in the game.

Zeed

Banned
coreycubed said:
It's always said "periodically". It just doesn't have the daily header at the top.
Oh good. In my defense I'm really tired right now.

Jiggy37 said:
There's something I appreciate about two Dojo thread posters having Yuki avatars.
Great minds think alike!

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

On another note, what are you all getting worried about? That "periodically" wording has been there since the beginning. And the UK/Ireland site still has an additional notice above it that the site is updated daily. So does the French one. I'm not sure what the other languages say, though... But I will say that I think the US one is only different because the text at the top is to reflect a delay that only really affected NA in the first place.

Good I'm not crazy.

New title "Let me fill your soul with light" or something?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Someone explain to me how it is that so many people simultaneously became confused about a phrase that has been there since the site launched.

Meloche

Just got to say that, as we enter the week before the Japanese release date, this has been a hell of a ride. I've never been consistently hyped for a game as long as I have for Brawl, and I'm not sure how I'll feel when it's all finally over. Obviously I'll be able to play Brawl which will be fantastic, but having this constant feed of information was really really awesome.

I wish Nintendo would do this sort of thing with more of their games; obviously they couldn't do daily weekday updates, but something like a weekly developer journal for something like Animal Crossing or a new Zelda would be pretty neat. Still waiting on that Sakurai Iwata Asks, too, which better be coming. :mad:

Finally, not much to say about Zelda's final smash though, since we've known about it for a while now. It's neat, it's expected, it's Zelda's Final Smash! I guess I'll go read through the spoiler thread now or something.

coreycubed

Neo Member
Meloche said:
I wish Nintendo would do this sort of thing with more of their games; obviously they couldn't do daily weekday updates, but something like a weekly developer journal for something like Animal Crossing or a new Zelda would be pretty neat. Still waiting on that Sakurai Iwata Asks, too, which better be coming. :mad:

Their history is pretty good. I was part of an Animal Crossing Pioneer program in the months before its US release. We got early copies of the game, and a special Nintendo website where we got to chat with the localization team and give feedback on the game. That was an amazing experience right there, probably #1 on my list of gaming highlights.

Danthrax said:
Only the US one says that, the other languages still say daily.
That doesn't mean anything. I'm sure the other sites will follow suit and say that in some capacity too save the Japanese one.

Will this thread stay open so long as there is a slow trickle of Dojo updates?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
VeritasVierge said:
That doesn't mean anything. I'm sure the other sites will follow suit and say that in some capacity too save the Japanese one.

Will this thread stay open so long as there is a slow trickle of Dojo updates?

If they were, they probably would have updated with that info already. The just forgot to put the "daily updates" thing back onto the US site when they delayed the game in that region.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think that the updates will stay daily until the Japanese release. After that, they might slow down a bit, but by then TreIII and sp0rsk will have told us everything anyway.

I just hope that this thread stays open long enough for me to catch up to Zeed in posts. :D That, and I just don't want this thread to die. It's a community unto itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom