• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

SuperAngelo64 said:
The Sonic article is fake.

It's creator, MILOX4, who first posted it on the nintendo.com forums finally admitted to it being a fake.

plus the article is full of spelling errors, it looks like it was written by an 8 year old.

Well damn. I read the update and figured I just wasn't a big enough nerd to understand what the hell was going on, so I came to NeoGAF and all I discover is that Sakuri is hitting the sauce.

My thoughts? First instinct tells me it's just the game's opening cinematic. I know it's under the game modes section, but so are name input and control methods, neither of which can really be considered "game modes"--that section seems to serve the dual purpose of game modes/other shit. However, I would love to see an epic, Kingdom Hearts-in-NintendoLand style story, and the introduction of a brand new character, the unique and cryptic presentation of this update, and Sakuri's comments about a deeper single-player game indicate to me that the story will probably at least go beyond the opening cinematic into something more involved than we'd expect from Smash Bros. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I have learned to never, never underestimate the potential for awesome fan-service in this game.

GamerSoul

On another forum I go to, someone actually came up with a storyline plot theory that actually sounded very good and went with that update.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
GamerSoul said:
On another forum I go to, someone actually came up with a storyline plot theory that actually sounded very good and went with that update.
Thanks for letting us know

GamerSoul said:
thanks_for_the_info.jpg

Saoh

i wonder if they'll update more about this on monday... looks like the game CG intro

but all i got was ?????????

o_O

PkunkFury

GamerSoul said:

I once found another forum that discusses nothing but pants!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
GamerSoul said:

Uhhhh...ok????
And your reason for posting this here is....??

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PkunkFury said:
I once found another forum that discusses nothing but pants!

link?

I'm really looking forward to this! and it seems the hardcore crowd is too, Anihawks post in the media create thread talks about hsi store recieving 17 pre orders for smash on day one, super mario only on 8!

Haunted

so, with Japan Time mere seconds
or 10+ hours
away, let's start speculating for Monday's update.

Will Sakurai refer to Friday's mysterious update to clear up some of the confusion? Or business as usual, with a new stage/item/character/moveset etc.? Are we ever going to see new footage/trailers?

I'm going for a new stage.

Haunted One said:
so, with Japan Time mere seconds
or 10+ hours
away, let's start speculating for Monday's update.

Will Sakurai refer to Friday's mysterious update to clear up some of the confusion? Or business as usual, with a new stage/item/character/moveset etc.? Are we ever going to see new footage/trailers?

I'm going for a new stage.

For me it would be more then enough the video of the introduction of the game or at least an explication to the cryptic last update.

Haunted

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
For me it would be more then enough the video of the introduction of the game or at least an explication to the cryptic last update.
I think he wants us to see the opening movie when we play the game for the first time, so he probably wouldn't spoil that experience by putting it on the website beforehand.

But maybe he'll clear something up by introducing the game mode the mysterious update could be referring to. 'battle trophy mode' or 'co-op Story mode'.

Knowing Sakurai though... he'll keep us guessing for a long time. :p

Haunted One said:
I think he wants us to see the opening movie when we play the game for the first time, so he probably wouldn't spoil that experience by putting it on the website beforehand.

But maybe he'll clear something up by introducing the game mode the mysterious update could be referring to. 'battle trophy mode' or 'co-op Story mode'.

Knowing Sakurai though... he'll keep us guessing for a long time. :p

At least we have updates every day. Not like Metroid Prime III, that remained in the dark for a lot of time. Nintendo should learn from Sakurai how to hype a game.

Somnid

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
At least we have updates every day. Not like Metroid Prime III, that remained in the dark for a lot of time. Nintendo should learn from Sakurai how to hype a game.

Better than the way they handled Echoes, they gave away every single powerup and boss long before the game released. It really took away the surprise, like the light suit would be cool and all if I hadn't already seen it in NP. Keeping us in the dark about MP3 is definately for the best.

As for the update, I'm going with "How to Play" but I don't think it'll be anything terribly interesting. I'm just curious who this week's character will be, Snake and Metaknight are the only previous ones left without profiles, Cpt. Falcon and Yoshi are indirectly confirmed too. I can't wait until we can have "who's in, who's redesigned" parties for those grey area characters.

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
We´ll get Ridley as a playable character tomorrow.
Of not, i´ll become gay.
Ridley is an assist trophy, if you're lucky. No way in hell he's playable. You should accept that as soon as possible.

Somnid said:
As for the update, I'm going with "How to Play" but I don't think it'll be anything terribly interesting. I'm just curious who this week's character will be, Snake and Metaknight are the only previous ones left without profiles, Cpt. Falcon and Yoshi are indirectly confirmed too. I can't wait until we can have "who's in, who's redesigned" parties for those grey area characters.
That's true. It's not long until Sakurai has to reveal a character we haven't seen yet. I think Snake counts as hidden character and won't have a profile on the site. (ant said something along those lines), so Meta-Knight might be a good bet for this week's character.

Haunted One said:
Ridley is an assist trophy, if you're lucky. No way in hell he's playable. You should accept that as soon as possible.

You weiß, the Bild with den clouds im background, mittlerweile can ich see da, too, etwas. :)

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
You weiß, the Bild with den clouds im background, mittlerweile can ich see da, too, etwas. :)
modea01_070720j-l2.jpg

lol

I know it could be Bowser (It's probably the start of the transition to the intro's next scene; zoom into the clouds and Bowser becomes visible in his castle or something like that) - BUT Ridley is not playable... really. How would Ridley even work? Just forget it.

Haunted

bigmakstudios said:
How could Bowser even work? Just forget it.
How could Captain Olimar even work? Just forget it.
Thinking about it a bit more, you do have a point. This is Smash Brothers, after all.

Still, I just don't see it. Do you think Ridley will be playable?

ShockingAlberto said:
heh.

Somnid

I don't want a lame, down-scaled Ridley who can't fly. Look I think the music says we can expect him to be menacing around some Metroid themed stage, and I'm all for that.

Somnid said:
I don't want a lame, down-scaled Ridley who can't fly.

I dont want a Pit who can not fly.
I dont want a Samus that cannot shot plasma-beam.
I dont want a bowser that is as little as Luigi.
I dont want a Pummelluff-thingy to have the most powerful move.

Ridley FTW

Proven

What may happen with the story updates is that he saves them for the Fridays.

Ok, I highly doubt that, but it would give us something to look forward to that was a definite every week.

So then Metaknight in the next two weeks, as well as at least two items, two music and one stage or two stages and one music. Then again, I have two weeks for this prophecy to come true, so it may not be fair...

fernoca

Apparently, US and Europe will get Snake in place of Ness which will be available only the in japanese version of the game ...... :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom