• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Branduil said:
63mzjnm.jpg

Much better

Firestorm

Danthrax said:
I disagree; Pichu was worthless -- this from a Pikachu player.

And I've always thought Marth and Roy were a little too samey. While Young Link's inclusion is kinda "meh," I liked Dr. Mario, Falco and Luigi being in the game.

Pichu is like a humiliation character. Also, he's like top tier at 2.0x damage ratio =( Seriously. u-air is an instant kill. It was amazing.

Roy I think was put in as an easy character for novices to pick up.

fernoca

IF Pichu ends in the game, he should be more like The Pichu Bros. (from the movies)..controlled like the Ice Climbers...either that or Pichu as an Assist Trophy.

Zeed

Banned
fernoca said:
IF Pichu ends in the game, he should be more like The Pichu Bros. (from the movies)..controlled like the Ice Climbers...either that or Pichu as an Assist Trophy.
The Pichu Brothers originated in an anime, won't happen.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
From some "Insider: from Smash boards:

I'm going through a lot of trouble to post this, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Let's just say I know some people who know some stuff about Brawl. Here's what I know:

All together, there will be 42 playable characters in Brawl.

The characters being removed from the Melee to Brawl transfer are:
Pichu
Docter Mario
Shiek
Young Link
Roy

Unannounced Newcomers are:
3rd Pary
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Animal Crossing Boy
Meowth
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King Dedede
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario [Via transformation]
Kat & Ana (Duo)

A few assist trophies:
3rd Party
Sega - Chaos [A stampede of Chaos charge the screen, knocking away all foes]
Sega - Tails [Tails swoops from the skies in his airplane, firing missiles down at the stage.]
Capcom - Zero [Zero charges back and forth across the stage, damaging anyone in his path.]
Capcom - The Judge [The judge from Phoenix Wright appears over head, much bigger than normal. He slams his giant gavel onto the stage repeatedly, crushing anyone in the way.]

1st Party
Zant [The sky turns a tone of orange as Zant crushes a single random character]

An unreleased stage:
Sonic's level - Space Station Arc [The fight progresses through several different areas outside the space station. Gravity is reduced, so jumps are much higher.]

Also says Peach final smash will be next week and Captain Falcon will be confirmed next week to prove himself.

Oh, and did I say FAKE?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ggnoobIGN said:

(Insert a bunch of bullshit here)

Oh, and did I say FAKE?

Why did you post it then!?

Seriously everyone stop posting bullshit "rumors" and goddamn awful Peach related comics

Zeed

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:

Also says Peach final smash will be next week and Captain Falcon will be confirmed next week to prove himself.
Will ignore until this happens.

The other "insider" has already got a notch under his belt (accurately predicting the character updates). I'm far more inclined to take that seriously than this, and they directly contradict each other.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Love the people at Smash Bros boards, they think they are so cool making up rumours.

I AM TEH COOOOOOOOOOOOLNESS

Scribble

No retro characters? FAKE (not shooting the messenger, btw)

You know, I could easily make an "insider info" thread, too. It's not that hard =P

Jiggy

There are certain levels of implausibility that you just shouldn't try to pass off in a rumor. And here are three of them:

ggnoobIGN said:
1st Party
Meowth
Kat & Ana (Duo)

Scribble

Jiggy37 said:
There are certain levels of implausibility that you just shouldn't try to pass off in a rumor. And here are three of them:

I'd say that Bowser Jr is *extremely* likely as a new Mario character. He's one of the most significant Mario characters, nowadays.

And this guy may not think that "Kat and Ana" are unlikely. He may not even know that Ridley exists XD

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'll be kinda annoyed if Bowser Jr makes it. :p Not fond of him at all... I miss the REAL Koopa Kids. :(

Kat & Ana (Duo)

More Wario Ware characters would be awesome, even if it is a longshot.

Personally I'm holding out with Jimmy T, complete with dance moves! (I just really want someone to fight by dancing, dammit. Him or Elite Beat Agents FTW!)

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Christopher said:
can we stop posting bullshit from the IGN/gamefaqs boards please?
As I have already said, this is from Smash Boards, the most credible place for Smash News away from the official site. Yeah, still fake though.

Alkaliine said:
:lol

You need to copy the screen and have Bowser's face change to the cat as well. :lol

I tried, but the angle on Bowser's face make it difficult to do it to not look bad.

Toad's face was just perfect. It's the first thing I thought when I saw that picture.

personally id love a Bowser Jr. complete with mask. Perhaps instead of turning him into mirror-mario, it turns him into a random character, that would be pretty cool

Firestorm

ggnoobIGN said:
As I have already said, this is from Smash Boards, the most credible place for Smash News away from the official site. Yeah, still fake though.

From some random idiot on SmashBoards. There are a lot of idiots on SmashBoards too.

PkunkFury

so reading elsewhere it seems the guy from GameFaqs once posted a fake WWE Day of Reckoning 2 roster as well. Plus the way he ended his post was rather amateurish so I'm pretty much doubting his credibility.

He's now predicted that the next newcomer revealed will be Lucas, but that's a very safe bet anyway. GAF's been predicting it for months. Hoepfully he'll be wrong though so he shuts up. Also strange that he wouldn't just've told us Ness was out last week since he basically went ahead and told us this week.

Hats off to him though for guessing the 2 character updates and actually making a believable rumor... unlike the Smash Boards guy with his fan service character list and 42 playables...

Jiggy

To be honest, I completely believe that any team at Nintendo would put Bowser Jr. into SSBB in a second--except for Sakurai's. Why? Because I actually trust Sakurai can gauge fan interest to some kind of reasonable degree. >_> But he might still be there. I just hope not.

But yeah, as for the rumor, the Shadow Mario transformation is what really ruins it.

NeonZ

Because I actually trust Sakurai can gauge fan interest to some kind of reasonable degree. >_>

Considering how Zelda got her own moveset in SSBM, but Ganondorf only made it to SSBM because they already had his model, and it fit Captain Falcon's proportions (according to Melee's official site), I really don't think he's all that great in judging fan interest.

He just usually has many good ideas.

Another first gen pokemon is basically impossible after the pokemon trainer, who only uses 1st gen ones...

Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
I don't see Diddy appearing by himself,considering how he was always teamed up with someone else in DK Country. I suppose the same was true of DK in the first DK country game, but he did appear solo in several other games, and he also was introduced in the first SSB, which didn't have many 'gimmicks' for the characters.

I don't think this is too unlikely, actually, as Shadow Mario would barely require new animations, though I think there'd be some twist to this transformation, rather than it being only a Sheik/Zelda deal.

NeonZ said:
Another first gen pokemon is basically impossible after the pokemon trainer, who only uses 1st gen ones...
he's such a major character in the show, though. i think he makes perfect sense, especially considering just how different he is from every other pokemon.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jiggy37 said:
To be honest, I completely believe that any team at Nintendo would put Bowser Jr. into SSBB in a second--except for Sakurai's. Why? Because I actually trust Sakurai can gauge fan interest to some kind of reasonable degree. >_> But he might still be there. I just hope not.

If he is good a gauging fan interest, why the hell is there no female characters from Fire Emblem?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hcoregamer00 said:
If he is good a gauging fan interest, why the hell is there no female characters from Fire Emblem?
They must be unlockable. Their absence confirms their inclusion!

Haunted

As badly made up as those rumours are, at least they got the thread back on track.

Bowser Jr. could be a cool character, as long as they don't make him a Bowser clone. I could see how they make him similar to Pichu and Young Link, though. :(

fernoca

Zeed said:
The Pichu Brothers originated in an anime, won't happen.
Ehr..I know.. :p (I said it in my post) ...but.....The Pichu Bros. were in Melee too (as one of the missions), though just as two Pichus with alt costumes...IF added to the game, at least they should gave them the "different hairstyles" from the anime-movies.

Zeed

Banned
fernoca said:
Ehr..I know.. :p (I said it in my post)
Since you suggested that they should end up that way, I thought that you might have forgotten about the "originated in a videogame rule", my mistake.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Patience, Lyn will come, just watch.

Jiggy

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hmm.
You're right, I change my stance. Sakurai's good at gauging fan disinterest. >_> Now where's my Lyn or Mikaya?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
NeonZ said:
I don't see Diddy appearing by himself,considering how he was always teamed up with someone else in DK Country. I suppose the same was true of DK in the first DK country game, but he did appear solo in several other games, and he also was introduced in the first SSB, which didn't have many 'gimmicks' for the characters.
I think Diddy is EXTREMELY likely, probably the most prominent and obvious Nintendo character absent from previous installments aside from Wario.
warbegins said:
he's such a major character in the show, though. i think he makes perfect sense, especially considering just how different he is from every other pokemon.
If they were going by the show, Pokemon Trainer would be Ash.

Personally, I think they're done with G1 Pokemon with Pikachu and the three that Trainer has. I'm gonna guess whatever others are in will be from later installments, as I think they're trending towards better representation of recent history with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom