• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans start petition for Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on Wii U, Arc System Works is watching

exfatal

posted this on my tumblr, so hopefully some Wii u owner there shall see and support the cause. I truly love fighting games on the dualshock and gamepad both work amazing. if i was to choose one though nintendo's d-pad hands down

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This seems a bit premature considering they haven't talked about any platform announcements

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Kinda odd asking before the game has even come out in arcades and not focusing on console development, but sure why not. I'd probably just get it for the PS4 but helping more people enjoy it is good.

Does Wii U even have fightsticks for it?

Pretty sure you can use the TvC stick via the Wiimote.

alstein

IF fighters came to Wii U, I'd buy a Wii U over a PS4.

So say this, play another legit AAA offering in fghters, or some kusoges, I"m sold.

No online paywall

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda odd asking before the game has even come out in arcades and not focusing on console development, but sure why not. I'd probably just get it for the PS4 but helping more people enjoy it is good.

This is why these things tend to not work

but hey in this case if they already had a Wii-U version planned then WE DID IT GUYS

VariantX

Is it Bad that I'd rather the games online community not be splintered further?

Community splintering is not something you can avoid at this point, especially when we are at the point where new consoles are going to be introduced to the market.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Are the Wii-U and Unreal 4 even compatible? (I'm completely ignorant on this subject)

Well I'm buying my Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and... errr... well I'm not buying my Wii U for fighters.

Yeah same

That's why I'm not signing it. :X

Sorry! You'll have a stronger petition without my false signature

Mupod

Well, I'd need a stick that works on a Wii U. I'm actually planning on building a new one but I'd want it to work on PS4 too...maybe there will magically be a PCB that supports both by the time this would theoretically come out.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh word? I thought it was still up in the air.(trailer didn't specify)

I guess current gen release is possible?

Apparently Epic knew before hand and publicly said Xrd ran on Unreal 3, but with what they've shown I don't think it is unless the graphics are downgraded or they go 30 FPS like most other Unreal 3 games on current consoles.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a petition where people agree how to pronounce 'Xrd' yet?

Like Xylophone I thought

If not, I got this one guys.

Apparently Epic knew before hand and publicly said Xrd ran on Unreal 3, but with what they've shown I don't think it is unless the graphics are downgraded or they go 30 FPS like most other Unreal 3 games on current consoles.

GG at 30fps is impossible so I mean....

Whatever it's so far away I'm not even gonna worry about it

TreIII

On Unreal 3? If they're aiming for 60FPS with what they showed they'd have to tone it down a lot for it to run up to par on current consoles.

I'm no tech wizard. But honestly? What we saw didn't mechanically look that much more "taxing" than what Injustice was capable of.

Perhaps even less so, considering the backdrop used for the Sol v. Ky fight was pretty drab (aka pretty par the course for most ASW games). Much less didn't have any interactive bits and what-not.

The shading technique is probably what makes the game "look" better than it probably actually is. Not unlike how Tatsunoko vs. Capcom fooled people who couldn't believe it was a "Wii game" at first.

Is the Wii U even going to be able to run this game? I understand it's using unreal Engine 3, but the amount of AA they're going to need to make this work I think will be a little too much for the current consoles to handle.

thekin

Banned
Just singed it. really hope this game comes to the system and i really hope people buy it this time, i really would not like to see the MH3U sales numbers again.

I'm no tech wizard. But honestly? What we saw didn't mechanically look that much more "taxing" than what Injustice was capable of.

Perhaps even less so, considering the backdrop used for the Sol v. Ky fight was pretty drab (aka pretty par the course for most ASW games). Much less didn't have any interactive bits and what-not.

I remember reading that NetherRealm had to work hard as FUCK for unreal to run at 60 fps on consoles. If they are using unreal 3/4 on PS4/ONE that shouldn't be a problem.

TreIII

I remember reading that NetherRealm had to work hard as FUCK for unreal to run at 60 fps on consoles. If they are using unreal 3/4 on PS4/ONE that shouldn't be a problem.
Arc has experience with working with 3D, and also experience with making their engines scale up and down. If they were able to get competent ports of BB running on PSP? I wouldn't worry so much.

Sayah

Not buying this but I signed anyway to support.

Also, excuse the pessimism but I'm pretty sure this is going to bomb on Wii U just like TTT2.

Linkhero1

Will sign once I get home. I'd hope they would consider including wiimote + classic controller pro support if anything comes out of this.

Rotanibor

Good thread, I was about to put this thread up myself if no one else had done it by now. I signed around when it first went up. Hope this makes an influence!

L Thammy

Guilty Gear's survival mode is always fun, so it won't be so bad when there's only three guys online. HERE COMES DAREDEVIL!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Mortal kombat was UE3.

60 fps is possible with that engine on current consoles.

I want this on Wii U.
I have three friends with which I play fighting game constantly and we all actually want to move from PS3 to Wii U because we simply use that console more than the PS3 right now (mainly because of Monster Hunter).
If GGXrd comes to Wii U I will happily buy it and play it with my friends. And with GAF. And people who are not on GAF and are not my friends but will still rape my ass in the game.

Top Bottom