• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leguna's DREAM TEAM kicked to f'ing curb by GAF MASTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeSmith

Matlock said:
But what if Leguna wins?

WHAT IF IT'S A TIE?

In Bungie-sanctioned clan matches, a tie counts for both teams as a loss.
I think those rules should apply here. A tie is not a win.
Leguna = perma-banned.

PS. Permaban includes IP banning, yeah?

LukeSmith

Mr. Lemming said:
I'm still not clear on what form of CTF we are doing.

Zanzibar is a one flag CTF/assault map. It's not balanced for CTF Classic. If they try and do CTF Classic or Multiflag BAIL OUT

Scoot said:
Zanzibar is a one flag CTF/assault map. It's not balanced for CTF Classic. If they try and do CTF Classic or Multiflag BAIL OUT

Its half decent for CTF-Classic. But it is still nice knowing what we are playing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
:lol

I love Leguna's new avatar. :lol

32814532.jpg

CTF on Zanzibar really is not the best choice, but Leguna probably wants it for some sort of "home field advantage" or something. The best choice is ALWAYS Coagulation.

shpankey

not an idiot
this will go down in GAF history... i so wish i had the skills to be a part of it. considering that won't ever happen, if somehow bungie could come up with a way for a match to have hundreds of spectators that would kick ass. i would love to make up some popcorn and sit back and watch this shit live tonight, man i would be laughing my ass off.

Willco said:
LyteEdge, a bunch of us are on right now practicing, c'mon!
where? can i get an invite? gamertag is the same as here: shpankey

i can be some good cannon fodder, it would help you practise up on your aiming skills ;)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
shpankey said:
this will go down in GAF history... i so wish i had the skills to be a part of it. considering that won't ever happen, if somehow bungie could come up with a way for a match to have hundreds of spectators that would kick ass. i would love to make up some popcorn and sit back and watch this shit live tonight, man i would be laughing my ass off.

Halo 3 my friend... Halo 3

They need something to improve upon :p

Leguna

Banned
TO ALL:
Eligible players MUST be online at 8pm. We will invite all voted in to play in our private game.

Willco:
Let me make this perfectly clear, I DON'T TRUST YOU! So there's no way I'm going to agree to your stupid agreement. I've been a member of GA Forum for over 6 years; I wouldn't risk my account here even if it was a match in SF3. For all I know, I could win and you would ban me still.

Anyways, GET YOUR MEN READY!!!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Leguna said:
TO ALL:
Eligible players MUST be online at 8pm. We will invite all voted in to play in our private game.

Willco:
Let me make this perfectly clear, I DON'T TRUST YOU! So there's no way I'm going to agree to your stupid agreement. I've been a member of GA Forum for over 6 years; I wouldn't risk my account here even if it was a match in SF3. For all I know, I could win and you would ban me still.

Big, BIG surprise there. Pussing out on the bet, i would have never guessed it coming from you.

I will expect to hear that you and your team have cheated some way in the match too. Again, i will be shocked if this happens.

LukeSmith

Leguna said:
TO ALL:

Willco:
Let me make this perfectly clear, I SUCK AT HALO 2! So there's no way I'm going to agree to your stupid agreement. GAF is my life; I wouldn't risk my account here even if it was a match in ANOTHERGAMEISUCKAT. For all I know, I could win and you would ban me still.

FIXED

Win or lose.
BAN

Leguna, this is the embodiment of weaksauce, you spit a bunch of game and then can't accept the challenge?
What are you, yellow?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Leguna said:
TO ALL:

Willco:

... Let me make this perfectly clear, if you win, no gloating outside of this thread then. That's it. One shot.

And you definitely cannot say you beat the best GAF had to offer outside of here, or even in here, just that you beat the 6 Man Wrecking Crew that has agreed to your challenge.

Consequence of such actions?

... PERMABAN, MAYBE?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Leguna said:
For all I know, I could win and you would ban me still.

Ah, but he might ban you anyway if he's that evil, so what have you got to lose? :)

Any sort of instant ban would be morally unacceptable, anyway. Even if there were such an agreement it would have to be time-lapsed to give the loser a chance at the all-you-can-eat crow buffet.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Scoot said:
Win or lose.
BAN

Leguna, this is the embodiment of weaksauce, you spit a bunch of game and then can't accept the challenge? Not willing to put your GAF account where your mouth is?

What are you, yellow?

rock4.gif

border

So is it really a mere 10 minutes to game time?

Is there any way that we can get updates as the game progresses? Or will we have to wait until it's over to know the resutls? :D

Willco

Hollywood Square
Teddman said:
I wish there was an option on Xbox Live to log on and view a game. And how come Mike Works isn't on the GA team?

Combination of being busy watching some dumb Grey Cup and not caring.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Leguna said:
So there's no way I'm going to agree to your stupid agreement. I've been a member of GA Forum for over 6 years; I wouldn't risk my account here even if it was a match in SF3. For all I know, I could win and you would ban me still.

levious said:
Too bad shit talkers usually aren't that confident deep down though.

despite calling it, my dissapointment is great. Does this mean no 1v1 with Wario either? Too much at stake?

Well I was just in the game lobby... as far as I know there is Force Even Teams on which makes the whole 5 on 6 thing moot.

Also the gametype is some form of Custom CTF, I do not know what the parameters are of it.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mr. Lemming said:
Well I was just in the game lobby... as far as I know there is Force Even Teams on which makes the whole 5 on 6 thing moot.

Also the gametype is some form of Custom CTF, I do not know what the parameters are of it.

What, that is hella lame!

john tv said:
Mike Works already won. Why bother??
Because leguna wasn't playing on a team consisting of the best players he knows, so it didn't count, whereas I was playing with 3 people whom I'd never played with before, ever, and my buddy who had only played Halo 2 online once before in his entire life (and, in the first online game we played that day, killed two of our teammates, one of which who had the flag, because he thought an icon over a player's head meant they were the enemy).

So obviously the odds were unfairly stacked against him.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bahaha.

So is force even teams where you get that "you are sitting out" message?

Well, the other people on leguna's team seemingly didn't know about all of this pomp and circumstance so take that how you will.

And yes, force even teams means that the same number of players are active on both teams even if the teams have differing numbers of players. I heard it was on when I was there, which was a couple seconds before the match started, I don't know if it was kept on for sure or not.

border

"Force even teams" can be easily turned off in the game options.

So I guess Leguna's Dream Team hasn't shown up yet or what?

Willco

Hollywood Square
border said:

... Yes, but leguna already cheated. He's scared.

No, they're e-battling as we speak! The 5 Man Wrecking Crew, that is.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I wish I could watch this fight. I hope his Dream Team is good, because Wario is fucking good at shooting games and Op1vy, Dopey and RatMoe are as good at Halo as you would expect hardcore Xbots to be :) I'm sure the rest of the guys are ace too. This begs for a spectator mode.

border said:

Their team was there when our party was invited. I left since we had 7 people.

And yes Force Even Teams is an easily switched option... BUT... I wouldn't be surprised if it was kept on.

Edit: Update! They apparently switched to Coagulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom