• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leguna's DREAM TEAM kicked to f'ing curb by GAF MASTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
levious said:
Why does leguna get to set all the paramiters of the game though? Why not have multiple games and vary the game types and levels. It's like those dudes that swear they're the best at Smash Brothers but never play a level besides Hyrule.

He needs some kind of crutch. :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
rastex said:
From playing against a bunch of GAF people, I think the following people should play:

Mike Works
op1vy <- ESPECIALLY him, probably the best player I've seen online
Wario64
Gribbix is pretty good

and whoever else. But those guys should be able to hold their own fairly easily.

:D i didnt think i've gotten enough games in yet to be called out, but thanks for the props. i could probably meet for a game around 5 pacific though...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
op_ivy said:
:D i didnt think i've gotten enough games in yet to be called out, but thanks for the props. i could probably meet for a game around 5 pacific though...

:D:D:D:D

Now get Mr. Lemming and it's death.

Fifty

DopeyFish said:
F4TAL is ratmjoe :p

He's not in our clan :( Joe's great.....one of the top 3-5 players for sure. Every time I've played with him (not often enough) our team has dominated and it's been tons of fun. I agree it's stupid that he's picking the rules, but saying he can beat 6 people is pretty stupid as well. It doesn't specify if it's one or two flag CTF (Sure, it says "CTF" but it's not clear as to how many flags there are.) I'd love nothing more than to see his recorded screen show a constant "waiting to respawn" message.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
levious said:
Why does leguna get to set all the paramiters of the game though? Why not have multiple games and vary the game types and levels. It's like those dudes that swear they're the best at Smash Brothers but never play a level besides Hyrule.

excellent point. there should be 2 games where each team chooses a game, then some kind of tie breaker arranged.

Willco

Hollywood Square
So confirmed GAF roster is...

GAF 6 MAN WRECKING CREW

LyteEdge
DopeyFish
DaAnswer3 (Ramirez)
NutterButter700
Wario64

RESERVES:

Lord Federman
TheLastDeadite
op1vy
Coop

GUYS, ONE MORE NEEDED!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
WOW, I completely missed how he's willing to go 4 or 5 on 6. Might as well organize a GAF team B to get sloppy seconds.

Fifty

Stop the presses! ........Uh, didn't Ivy say he could play then? Why the heck isn't he on the first list?

Willco

Hollywood Square
I need a confirmation, not a probably. I think we're also holding out the slot for either Mike or Lemming.

Willco

Hollywood Square
If op1vy can say he'll play, he'll fill the sixth spot!

... unless Mike agrees. I think it's only fitting that Mike be able to beat leguna again.

DopeyFish said:
Lemming is really really sneaky :)

If we get some practice rounds in I'll go for it. Is this Classic-CTF or 1-Flag or Multi-Flag or what... standard rules minus the radar (Which I insist is lame... see the official thread for details)

I'll be online I guess.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mr. Lemming said:
If we get some practice rounds in I'll go for it. Is this Classic-CTF or 1-Flag or Multi-Flag or what... standard rules minus the radar (Which I insist is lame... see the official thread for details)

I'll be online I guess.

give me 15 minutes, and i'll come practise ;)

Willco

Hollywood Square
Lemming or op1vy need to decide who's starting, because we have drawn up special conditions for the challenge that is dependent on someone filling that sixth spot.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Well, due to our special conditions, Wario needs to be starting.

If op1vy wants to start and Lemming as well, someone (LyteEdge, DopeyFish, DaAnswer3 (Ramirez), NutterButter700) needs to concede a roster spot, but please take in consideration overall talent before dropping out.

... also I think we need to get op1vy to agree, as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Willco said:
Do we know op1vy is starting for certain?

um, yeah, screw the girlfried, i can get a game or two in. this should be fun. 6 on 5? :lol

of course, i dont want to bump anyone either... i'll just check back in a bit to see if i'm on the team or not. no big deal.

Nutter

i think we should have a couple of practice matches first and who ever does good, will be chosen for the 6 people??

Willco

Hollywood Square
Sounds good to me. Everyone get their asses on XBL and tell me who they want to fill the remaining roster spot.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alright leguna, here's the deal... IN WRITING.

GAMING-AGE™ AGREES TO SEND SIX REPRESENTATIVES TO CHALLENGE LEGUNA'S SO-CALLED HALO 2 "DREAM TEAM" UNDER THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT...

GAF accepts leguna's invitation to e-battle on Halo 2 in accordance with all his conditions at approximately 8 PM EST with the six of the following seven representatives:

GAF 6 MAN WRECKING CREW*

LyteEdge
DopeyFish
DaAnswer3 (Ramirez)
NutterButter700
Wario64
op1vy
Lemming

* Sixth roster spot will be finalized by 8 PM tonight.

However, if leguna and his teammates lose against the esteemed representatives from GAF, leguna must accept a head-to-head challenge against Wario64 in Halo 2 under conditions and time to be set at a later date that are non-negotiable and set by Wario64 or the forum. Not substitutions or representatives will be allowed. The loser of this match will be banned from the forum for as long as it exists and ridiculed for an equally lengthy time, if not longer.

Failure to comply with all of these these conditions will void tonight's contest and continue mockery of leguna, his poor sportsmanship, as well as grant bad luck, impotence and/or early death upon said challenger.

LEGUNA, DO YOU AGREE TO THESE ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS?

Man, I'm getting XBL next week.

Gonna be awful. I'll be the last one picked for teams like all the true for real gimps at school.

I look foreward to hearing how this matchup goes btw!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Willco said:
Alright leguna, here's the deal... IN WRITING.

GAMING-AGE&#8482; AGREES TO SEND SIX REPRESENTATIVES TO CHALLENGE LEGUNA'S SO-CALLED HALO 2 "DREAM TEAM" UNDER THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT...

GAF accepts leguna's invitation to e-battle on Halo 2 in accordance with all his conditions at approximately 8 PM EST with the six of the following seven representatives:

GAF 6 MAN WRECKING CREW*[/u]

LyteEdge
DopeyFish
DaAnswer3 (Ramirez)
NutterButter700
Wario64
op1vy
Lemming

* Sixth roster spot will be finalized by 8 PM tonight.

However, if leguna and his teammates lose against the esteemed representatives from GAF, leguna must accept a head-to-head challenge against Wario64 in Halo 2 under conditions and time to be set at a later date that are non-negotiable and set by Wario64 or the forum. Not substitutions or representatives will be allowed. The loser of this match will be banned from the forum for as long as it exists and ridiculed for an equally lengthy time, if not longer.

Failure to comply with all of these these conditions will void tonight's contest and continue mockery of leguna, his poor sportsmanship, as well as grant bad luck, impotence and/or early death upon said challenger.

LEGUNA, DO YOU AGREE TO THESE ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS?

This is so awesome it calls for bananas!!!

greenbanana.gif
greenbanana.gif
greenbanana.gif

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Boo. The extra conditions are only going to make leguna back out. Play it straight, on his terms, and then when Team Leguna is left whupped to within an inch of its life, eternal mockery and demeaning tags shall be his.

Remember the words of drohne:

when people cut in front of me on the freeway, i'm like "hey man, you fuck with me, you fuck with gaming age."

That's the spirit you're fighting to protect. Leguna cut up Mike Works on the Information Superfreeway, and you've got to go out there and show him that the Gaming Age is not to be fucked with. You are the few, the brave, the free, and the massed throngs of the Gaming Age stand with you in spirit (though not in any actual form, since that would go against the agreed six on five format, and probably cause some sort of technical bandwidth problem).

Willco

Hollywood Square
I see nothing wrong with the extra conditions whatsoever.

If he fails to comply with the extra conditions, it will void tonight's contest. However, this does not stop the 6 Man Wrecking Crew from playing leguna's squad. It just means that they will no longer represent GAF.

So if he wins, which I doubt he will, he can't gloat he beat our forum's best unless he agrees to these conditions.

border

Willco said:
The loser of this match will be banned from the forum for as long as it exists and ridiculed for an equally lengthy time, if not longer.
No way, don't do that. If Wario gets banned, there will be no more "deals" threads!

Leguna

Banned
TO ALL:
I have updated my first post! Check out the teams and new rule!

Willco:
I hope the people you mention in your GAF team will actually be there.

Regarding your agreement, I don't trust you or anyone else on the forum (unless related to me). This tournament is to prove this point, "My DREAM TEAM is better than any team the GAF could conjure up!!!" Loser of the tournament will be just that. If you don't want to play, don't.

shpankey

not an idiot
iD0pRimE said:
i think we should have a couple of practice matches first and who ever does good, will be chosen for the 6 people??

hell yeah, great idea! if so i wanna try to compete for a spot. i know i won't win but i want to be a part of history :lol

Willco

Hollywood Square
Leguna said:
TO ALL:
I have updated my first post! Check out the teams and new rule!

Willco:
I hope the people you mention in your GAF team will actually be there.

Regarding your agreement, I don't trust you or anyone else on the forum (unless related to me). This tournament is to prove this point, "My DREAM TEAM is better than any team the GAF could conjure up!!!" Loser of the tournament will be just that. If you don't want to play, don't.

If you don't agree to the conditions leguna, then you unfortunately can't prove your point and any attempt to gloat about beating GAF's best will be immediately deleted. Sorry.

Dilbert

I only wish that I could watch the match live...someone PLEASE record video of Leguna getting 0wned.

Good luck, GAF team...I'll be sacrificing a goat in your honor around 5 PM Pacific. May the angry, goat-eating gods be on your side.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus stating that the GAF could have 6 players vs your 5 was a stupid arrogant thing to do. May you be punished for your stupidity greatly.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Also, if you agree to be permabanned if you lose, and you win, you can gloat all you want that you beat our forum's best.

Free gloating. Take it or leave it, man!

LukeSmith

Nah, he won't accept the deal. He doesn't have that much faith in his dream team to stake his GAF account on it.

And then if he does accept, my tag needs to be changed to "got Leguna perma-banned."

shpankey

not an idiot
Defensor said:
I wish there was a spectator mode for this.

that would own

p.s. i am against putting up wario64's account for anything... that is too fucking valuable and damn sure not worth anything laguna can offer. we need wario's deals and losing him would suck ass for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom