• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kawl_USC

I do this every game, don't know why you suddenly hate it.

Also that was a waste acohrs.
I'm trying to more actively and critically engage with you since I've sucked at reading you in the past and animafia showed me that I need to work on that.

batsnacks

I think your snap judgements are dangerous as confirmed town on day 1. It clouds other people's reads and will stick in the town memory even if they turn out shitty since they are based off of tiny little things.
My snap judgements are good. Got you last game!

Kawl_USC

My snap judgements are good. Got you last game!
Broken clock, something something.

In that case you were certainly right yes, and it is in fact why I killed you night 1, but odds are people are generally wrong in mafia, so maybe just a little less pastiche in saying how cleared people are based off your gut is all I'm asking. For the kids. Do it for the kids bats.

batsnacks

Broken clock, something something.

In that case you were certainly right yes, and it is in fact why I killed you night 1, but odds are people are generally wrong in mafia, so maybe just a little less pastiche in saying how cleared people are based off your gut is all I'm asking. For the kids. Do it for the kids bats.
I posed it as a question for a reason so it's actually okay

Kyanrute

It's not an accusation that calls for an answer. Either you were using your self-meme as a smoke screen to fish for information, or you weren't. Only time will tell.

Hmm. Anything I did after you reaffirmed your accusation could be used as an answer, even inaction, had I chosen to ignore the accusation. No answer was required but one would be given no matter what I did.

cabot

VOTE: CCS

Care to explain, this was before CCS entered.

No one really interacted with acohrs, outside of CCS. They did their usual thing, which I dont read as alignment indicative.

Kawl is going hard on me, only bronx interacted with him outside of that (ignoring batsnacks since confirmed) and he was afraid of stepping on his wee toes.

Seriously acohrs you couldn't have pulled this stunt at day end after getting some interactions?

This reads really strangely to me. Why are you conflicted over a confirmed Town?

We can trust him 100%, but he may still be completely wrong. That's about it.

I'm not conflicted about anything. Just never played a game that started with a confirmed town player before. I think it's great to have at least someone we know isn't lying about alignment, name, abilities or anything.

CCS

Banned
do you have an opinion of any of the active players right now?

Okay, so there's the two confirmed town obviously. Ignoring them:

I kinda feel like Kyan is scummy, but I always end up scum reading Kyan even when he's not so I think I'm just a really bad judge of him.

You feel like town based on my past experiences with you, not a solid read yet but leaning town at least.

cabot

It is sad to lose acohrs though.

giphy.gif

Poor Kawl was just a bystander.

blargonaut (1)
bronx-man 95

oceanicair (1)
batsnacks 135

ccs (1)
ri'orius 159

cabot (1)
acohrs

Day 1 Ends:

pin_1501797600.png

There should be a vote on me by this count? Not sure if it's just not refreshing or bugged, but wanted to point it out. Cant access at work and it often doesn't like my mobile browser.

Re: acohrs, I'm glad we have two living confirmed town, but that seems a rather rash reaction. Non suicide day cop would have been an interesting dynamic though.

While it's nice knowing batsnacks and kawl are both town, as of yet we have no reason to put any real stock in their reads. We can trust they're being honest with them but that doesn't make them correct.

23 players, probably 4ish scum (possibly 3 if they're powerful?) out of 20 remaining players (19 when I don't count myself).

While it would have been nice for acohrs to use his power later, having two confirmed town on D1 does present an interesting conundrum for scum: Who do they target?

If they kill anyone but batsnacks or kawl, that just reduces the number of people to hide in. You rarely want to leave the confirmed town alive.
So killing batsnacks or kawl are the obvious choices. Batsnacks has no other powers according to him, but kawl might. Making Kawl the obvious choice for the Kill, but also for any protective or watcher roles town might have.

cabot

While it would have been nice for acohrs to use his power later, having two confirmed town on D1 does present an interesting conundrum for scum: Who do they target?

If they kill anyone but batsnacks or kawl, that just reduces the number of people to hide in. You rarely want to leave the confirmed town alive.
So killing batsnacks or kawl are the obvious choices. Batsnacks has no other powers according to him, but kawl might. Making Kawl the obvious choice for the Kill, but also for any protective or watcher roles town might have.

There's still a large number of players left, they don't have to kill either right now when there's still a large hiding spot.

I don't think batsnacks or Kawl are as obvious targets on N1 as you think.

Of who's posted so far I get a really uncomfortable feeling from OA, and AB.

I nothing the newbs, Kalor, CCS and Splinter.

Outside the confirmed, re-reading isaac and I don't get scum vibes though he feels excited about something.

Kyan, Bronx are negative leans but also fairly blind reads for me.

cabot

I don't know if I'm just reading too much into OA's negative attitude so far, something tells me I've fallen for this before.

Just feels bad when I read it.

*Splinter

AB feels a bit out of the loop more Han anything. Like we just had a bunch of people bickering about discrediting bats, then after that all settled he wanders in and... discredits bats. I don't know if it's scummy though, it certainly isn't "careful".

AB feels a bit out of the loop more Han anything. Like we just had a bunch of people bickering about discrediting bats, then after that all settled he wanders in and... discredits bats. I don't know if it's scummy though, it certainly isn't "careful".
How did I discredit bat exactly?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just woke up btw. Today's been an interesting as hell type of day already! Batsnacks, kawl, & acohrs all confirmed town. Sucks to see acohrs sacrifice himself so early. Pretty suspect to see how kyan's "fishing" ended up.

Top Bottom