• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kyanrute

While it would have been nice for acohrs to use his power later, having two confirmed town on D1 does present an interesting conundrum for scum: Who do they target?

If they kill anyone but batsnacks or kawl, that just reduces the number of people to hide in. You rarely want to leave the confirmed town alive.
So killing batsnacks or kawl are the obvious choices. Batsnacks has no other powers according to him, but kawl might. Making Kawl the obvious choice for the Kill, but also for any protective or watcher roles town might have.

I'm interpreting this in two ways:

1) Let's try to help the investigative and protective roles out by thinking things through so they miss as little as possible.
2) Let's paste a topic from scum chat into the actual thread and use it as contentTM.

J3hZAzv.png

batsnacks

1) Let's try to help the investigative and protective roles out by thinking things through so they miss as little as possible.
2) Let's paste a topic from scum chat into the actual thread and use it as contentTM.

"according to him" is weird if he's mafia, because it's should be according to my role pm that got posted not me. That's a little meh though.

Kyanrute

"according to him" is weird if he's mafia, because it's should be according to my role pm that got posted not me. That's a little meh though.

Didn't take a close look at the language myself, I was looking into the general idea behind the post. After looking at it, it does feel a bit weird to reference your words instead of the pm, but you did write #157 in response to AB. In that post you mention that the pm in the day opening post was word to word the same message you got. I imagine #157 is the thing AB is referring to when he said "according to him".

"This could be town or scum". Excellent work. :p

I see AB & Kyan are gonna get along just fine so far.

Based on one(at the time of your post) interaction?

batsnacks

Didn't take a close look at the language myself, I was looking into the general idea behind the post. After looking at it, it does feel a bit weird to reference your words instead of the pm, but you did write #157 in response to AB. In that post you mention that the pm in the day opening post was word to word the same message you got. I imagine #157 is the thing AB is referring to when he said "according to him".
right. the implication being that as mafia, the tendency is to focus more on what the mod wrote vs what I wrote.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Kyan, Bronx, have you ever played Infamous
I played the first two, Infamous 2 is pretty dope.

Can you elaborate on what caused this feeling?
I'm sure you realize some here are gonna find a little weird how your attemot at fishing for information ended up with acohrs deciding to off himself for whatever reason. Though that's more of "acohrs doing acohrs" thing than on you specifically. But still.......makes you interesting to focus on.

A non-denial denial? The point was that my scumdar made a BEEP when looking at that post. Not every post does that and thus it is noteworthy when the scumdar gets a hit.
I didnt deny anything. You also didnt actually ask anything. I am not even sure what you were actually trying to accomplish with that, which is why I responded how I did.

*Splinter

I'm sure you realize some here are gonna find a little weird how your attemot at fishing for information ended up with acohrs deciding to off himself for whatever reason. Though that's more of "acohrs doing acohrs" thing than on you specifically. But still.......makes you interesting to focus on.
🤔

But acohrs killed himself before Kyan went fishing.

Kyanrute

right. the implication being that as mafia, the tendency is to focus more on what the mod wrote vs what I wrote.

I at least partially agree with that. I'd myself reference the mod confirmed bits in such a case, unless I was for any reason thinking about the post where you confirmed "yeah, that's my pm" at the time I was writing the post.

So I'll just echo your earlier comment how this is a little meh.

SkyOdin

Hold on, how was that Kyanrute's fault? Acohrs mostly seemed to be reacting to Kawl and cabot's actions. Kyanrute only started asking questions after acohrs entered his day phase command, which is a natural time to ask questions.

Kyanrute

I didnt deny anything. You also didnt actually ask anything. I am not even sure what you were actually trying to accomplish with that, which is why I responded how I did.

I wanted to see how you would answer. Certainly, calling that a denial was an exaggeration on my part, but it did at least somewhat match my feeling about your response. I felt you were overtly dismissive with the "town or scum" -bit.

Sorry Kyan, I need something to talk about though, and I just finished getting caught up this morning.

SkyOdin, if you were formally clad in business apparel and on your way to an important meeting, but had the misfortune of having to commute outdoors through bone-chilling weather to get there in time; would you still wear a beanie to keep your head warm en route, knowing that you'd arrive with terrible hat-hair if you did?

Timeaisis

Wow, I see we've already started off on the right foot with acohrs. /s

I guess we have two confirmed, now, though. Feels weird on d1...

Ri'Orius

Care to explain, this was before CCS entered.

No real reason, just shaking trees.

I've always found voting patterns to be more informative than trying to read scumtells in shitposts, but apparently nobody wants to throw some darts out there. Although I suppose the day is still young...

cabot

bronx you seem a lot less aggressive than I expect of you.

Refusing to butt heads with Kawl is really playing on me.

Top Bottom