• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

cabot (1)
acohrs (Dead) 201 230
CCS 352

CCS (1)
Ri'Orius 159

Kyanrute (1)
*Splinter 234

AbsolutBro (1)
cabot 194

Ri'Orius (1)
Dusk Soldier 349

Blargonaut (1)
Bronx-Man 95 296
Kawl_USC 292

OceanicAir (1)
batsnacks 135

acohrs (0): Kawl_USC 210 292

No active vote for Day 1: AbsolutBro, Blargonaut, Bronx-Man (has previously voted), Flame_AC, isaacnukem, Kalor, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, SkyOdin, TheGoddamn, Timeaisis, WaffleTaco, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 17, AbsolutBro 12, batsnacks 38, Blargonaut 29, Bronx-Man 15, cabot 36, CCS 16, Dusk Soldier 8, Flame_AC 3, isaacnukem 21, Kalor 3, Kawl_USC 19, Kyanrute 21, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 6, Ri'Orius 6, SkyOdin 8, TheGoddamn 0, Timeaisis 8, WaffleTaco 6, Zeusy 4, Zippedpinhead 4

Day 1 ends:
pin_1501797600.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Flame_AC

"frozen mafia"? I'm not familiar with that term. I presume you don't mean "member of scum team who freezes up", since I have never once been acum in mafia. Even I don't know how I'd play as part of the scum team. Right now I am mostly just unsure of how to get started.
Sounds like something scum would say, feigning a lack of experience/knowledge. ;)

While I appreciate the sacrifice/reveal for Kawl, I think it would have been more interesting if acohrs had waited until just before the end of Day 1 and then picked whoever was leading the vote count, say a couple hours before the end.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out why acohrs kamikazed himself so early. He usually gets lynched D1 so maybe he just wanted to avoid that this time? But that doesn't really make sense since he didn't have any heat on him so far this day.

Dude is just a weird player I guess.

I'm still trying to figure out why acohrs kamikazed himself so early. He usually gets lynched D1 so maybe he just wanted to avoid that this time? But that doesn't really make sense since he didn't have any heat on him so far this day.

Dude is just a weird player I guess.

I bet he did it for Love (Boat)

I'm proposing a system of MUTUAL READS.

From this point forward; if someone writes up a "Read" (a Read is a careful analysis of another player towards deducing their Alignment and/or Role, based on their post content, activity and interactions with others) of you, you are now obliged to write up a "Read" of them as well.

This rule will be enforced by extreme majority vote pressure against the player who fails to supply the MUTUAL READ.

VOTE: Zeusy

Bronx-Man, here is my Read of you:

BRONX-MAN
I think Bronx is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything​

Now by the rule of MUTUAL READS you are obliged to read me, or else I will convince everyone to Vote-pressure you.

NOTE: 'Vote-pressure' may be a noun or verb meaning that many other players vote against a specific player to near-majority/elimination, for the purposes of pressuring them to contribute meaningfully.

Kyanrute

Kyanrute, if you take into consideration how I reacted when asked that question, and how you reacted when you were asked that question; between us, who do you think is more likely to actually be Mafia?

Hmm. Just looking at the exchange and nothing else, from a POV of an outsider, I'd be betting on myself. I can see very little reason to answer that question in that manner, were the person behind the "yes" a townie. The only possibility I can entertain would be that the answer was worded in such a way to illustrate the uselessness of the question itself. Even if that was the case in this exchange, one has to wonder if there was any better way to show that the question was a bunch of zzz.

cabot

Are you feeling ok Cabot?

no, everyone peddling fluff right now is ringing alarm bells. You're basing potential crazyness on nothing.

Nice to see another confirmed townie

I'd more concerned about Kawl since he could be a PR. That along with him being cleared would mean that he is far more of a wildcard than a randomly targeted townie could ever be or even a fully known quantity like Batsnacks.

If he survives to lylo then maaaaaaybe I'd consider it, but anything before then is waste of time.

lylo? so you'd risk the entire game on this possibility?

If a confirmed town is alive around lylo stage, then it's fuckin' suspicious and they should probably be wasted before real lylo.

d2LajVG.gif

Catching up. I read the thread once, but I'll give the day a couple more runs.

acohrs jumping the gun gives us two confirmed town in play (and a third in acohrs's cooling corpse). Much better for town than scum at the moment-- who will they target on N1? They are bound to hit one of them because keeping confirmed town in play barely benefits scum, regardless of how sound the respective judgments of batsnacks and Kawl are. Our job now is to give our PRs as much information as possible for their nighttime games of chess.

cabot

You're scum, TheG.

Just come clean.

No way TheG I know accepts so blindly one of Kawl or batsnacks are dead tonight.

cabot

giphy.gif

Not what I expected you to quote.

dead batkawl is hinting at people of unusual strength or #yolo

Exactly. You'd only be so certain of one of their deaths if you knew you had a strong kill to break protection.

Otherwise there's decent chance of a miss this early.

Flame_AC

I think it's kinda obvious who to protect / who is more valuable in this case. Batsnacks' role is spent, who knows what Kawl has and so they should be watched/protected/whatevered.

cabot

Unless batkawl has somehow deciphered the entire scum team, theres still significant risk to killing either this night.

Other roles outside of protection can potentially catch them in the act.

I am aware that town has had two public alignment reveal roles, which makes me think scum have a decent counter.

*Splinter

Lover I'm scared, there's more people discussing who will be NK'd than trying to find who will be doing the NK.

There's also a shit ton of people speculating about a recruiter, even though we had a day cop. Is this WWE2? I don't think this is WWE2.

I don't want to think this is WWE2.

I think you're town though, so that's a small comfort at least.

cabot

That was a read lover now you have to read me that's the rule now

Well lover you seem pretty active, which in my old days of yore tells I would read as scum, but nowadays is nothing, cause I've seen you do it as Town quite a lot in recent games.

I don't lean either way on you just yet, I always struggle to read you early on. You're contributing at least, and I agree on your points regarding NKs/mechanic speculation.

I'm currently trying to decipher who of the people going at these points could be scum.

I think Dusk doing it isn't a scumtell, but it sure is an amazing help to scum to appear to be contributing.

Top Bottom