• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've enjoyed some of the queens this season but I can't shake the feeling this one left me a bit cold. I love Shea and I hope she wins--would take Sasha as second place but this season ranks with Violet's season for me as "eh". Drag Race's worst seasons are still loads better than so many other shows but I hope next season is more exciting. :/

kirblar

I've enjoyed some of the queens this season but I can't shake the feeling this one left me a bit cold. I love Shea and I hope she wins--would take Sasha as second place but this season ranks with Violet's season for me as "eh". Drag Race's worst seasons are still loads better than so many other shows but I hope next season is more exciting. :/
Losing Eureka was really bad.

Eggbok

InfiniteForcefulBlackbird.gif

WHAT CATEGORY ARE WE ON RIGHT NOW!?

BLULULULULU
3N_oSZ.gif

BRING IT!

Love this part of Untucked, probably my favorite tbh. Them singing Category Is during the whole thing has made my day!
When Dreams comes out on PS4 I am going to re create a shitload of RPDR moments.

Rayis

What I feel about this season is that it had a pretty interesting selection of queens, far better than season 7 or 8, but the challenges were what really killed it and the lipsyncs for some reason were tragic.

Overall, they need to either make the episodes longer or focus more on queen to queen interactions.

My roommate went to the actual finale yesterday. She said that they only did the fake win of two queens instead of all four. It was
---------- Shea and Sasha
-------

royalan

I'm just going to say it, and I LOVE her but...Peppermint has no business making it to the finale.

Wish her the best, but her drag is terrible.

From the constant use of the ill-fitting pink skirt, to every runway but maybe two looking completely unfinished. Her mediocre performance in the challenges except for the comedy challenge where the editing was STRAINING to justify her win. It's just, I want to like Peppermint, but it's offensive to put her on the same level as Shea, Trinity and Sasha.

I mean fuck, her FINAL runway look was basically just a cheap version of Farrah Moan's episode one look:

Nimxe9D.gif

Sorry, but Peppermint being in the finale is just not deserved.
If she's the "black girl" who gets the fake win filmed, I'm done.

Wilsongt

I figured that would be who the winner was ever since the Meet the Queens.

Sometimes Ru is so stupidly obviously with her choices at times.

A Top 4 - I'm ok with this. I didn't see any full-on spoilers but going by comments, I thought that Trinity was getting the boot instead of Peppermint, who was the 'favourite' to miss the top 3 after last week. But Peppermint earned her spot in the final this week with her rap and performance and Trinity has been so strong throughout she deserved it too.

Trinity's final look was gorgeous and actually the best imo, I thought the other 3 gave something less special and that we had seen before - Peppermint's wig was the one from the roast, Sasha was just in a dress with another crown and Shea was wearing the blue wig from her partner in the makeover challenge(?) - I liked her lipsync look better with the sherbet orange wig.

Like everyone else I think Shea's still got this, and I'm cool with that.

Shizuka

I will not have it if Shea doesn't win. She's the third, in over one hundred contestants, that won four challenges in a single season. She consistently slayed every single challenge but one out of over ten challenges. It's just like All-Stars 2, as much as I wanted Katya to win, Alaska deserved it, except this time, Peppermint doesn't have nearly enough fans pushing her as Katya had.

Rayis

Shea and Trinity are the only ones who have any business earning that crown. Sasha not really but I'd get over it, but Peppermint? gurl no, that would be the most ill-conceived winner in the show's herstory.

Monocle

For me the winner's gotta be Sasha or Shea, and I strongly prefer Sasha. I love her fashion forward style, love the cerebral sensibility she brings to her drag. She's smart and edgy, and she more than any other queen this season has a message and perspective that deserve a platform. It's time for another winner that defies convention and gives the outsiders a seat at the table. Any other choice would be too safe.

BTW that one black backup dancer who was on the right a lot had me swooning. Those arms, that jaw. Take me now, you delicious stud. Pls wear tank tops always.

I think Pepper is going to win because of Ru's politics. "I'm not transphobic, here's Peppermint."
Peppermint's trans status shouldn't be treated as a novelty. That would be insulting.

Rayis

The shitty thing is that people would come for Peppermint even though it wouldn't be her fault, but knowing how awful Drag Race fans can be, it wouldn't surprise me.

royalan

Ugh

Like, nobody's perfect, but can we cut the fucking crap with this damn "is RuPaul secretly transphobic?" bullshit that popped up with the advent of Tumblr? It's such crap for anyone who knows anything, anything at all, about RuPaul, how he lives his life and the people he surrounds himself with.

I don't think Peppermint deserves the crown, either. I mean, it's just a fact that she didn't perform as consistently as the other girls. But if she gets it, I think it would have more to do with Peppermint's likability and her position in the NY drag scene (she knows pretty much all of Ru's people) clouding RuPaul's judgement. We all know that Ru tends to go easy on the girls who already have reputations that come onto her show.

Sydle

I'd be fine with Shea or Sasha winning and I could even get behind Trinity winning, because at least those three won more challenges and weren't in the bottom as many times. I will be upset if Peppermint wins because she didn't earn it by way of succeeding in the competition as much as the other girls.

Shizuka

In solid scores, it's Shea > Trinity > Sasha > Peppermint, according to challenges won. Every single season, the queen that won the most challenges won the competition, bar the ones that tied with another queen with the same amount of challenges won.

In solid scores, it's Shea > Trinity > Sasha > Peppermint, according to challenges won. Every single season, the queen that won the most challenges won the competition, bar the ones that tied with another queen with the same amount of challenges won.
Then the scores accurately reflect who should win imo.

I think had Peppermint not performed so well in the final episode it would've been a top 3. I don't think she got to the final because she's besties with Ru's crew and is such a good Judy - She deservedly won her way to the final from her work in the final challenges, but I really do not see anyone but Shea winning it.

WonderzL

Banned
can we talk about how valentina wore the most basic dress ever for the reunion

Ugh

Like, nobody's perfect, but can we cut the fucking crap with this damn "is RuPaul secretly transphobic?" bullshit that popped up with the advent of Tumblr? It's such crap for anyone who knows anything, anything at all, about RuPaul, how he lives his life and the people he surrounds himself with.

I don't think Peppermint deserves the crown, either. I mean, it's just a fact that she didn't perform as consistently as the other girls. But if she gets it, I think it would have more to do with Peppermint's likability and her position in the NY drag scene (she knows pretty much all of Ru's people) clouding RuPaul's judgement. We all know that Ru tends to go easy on the girls who already have reputations that come onto her show.

She is not transphobic, that's not what I meant.

kirblar

Did you guys see the spoilers from the reunion taping? I fucking gagged/punched a hole in the wall. I could not be more upset.
There was something that was bugging me about the season leading into the finale - it's sort of both an editing thing and a performance thing, and w/ the finale spoilers, I really should have thought through what was bugging me. I'll go into it when it airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom