• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

I'm so torn. I'm sure Bungie will deliver a wonderful sci fi gaming experience, bit Activision's name on the box kills any hype I have for Destiny. Knowing how shitty they are, I just can't justify paying for this, when I know damn well, my money is going towards them and assholes like Bobby Kotick

I want to know more about this gif.

Why are there so many monkeys?
Why are they chasing a man with a cart?
Why are people watching?

There are so many questions!

There is food coming from the cart as the man runs by. Thats probably how the monkeys get fed every day. Looks to be some sort of national park. I know there are some Asian parks where the monkeys pretty much run around free.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm so torn. I'm sure Bungie will deliver a wonderful sci fi gaming experience, bit Activision's name on the box kills any hype I have for Destiny. Knowing how shitty they are, I just can't justify paying for this, when I know damn well, my money is going towards them.
This might be inviting trouble, but why? Why are they any worse than any other publisher?

I'm so torn. I'm sure Bungie will deliver a wonderful sci fi gaming experience, bit Activision's name on the box kills any hype I have for Destiny. Knowing how shitty they are, I just can't justify paying for this, when I know damn well, my money is going towards them and assholes like Bobby Kotick

k

exYle

Well they don't really deserve to be lauded as highly as Bungie, that's for sure.

I agree. However, both Spyro and R&C were flagship PlayStation titles, and Resistance was THE shooter on PS3 launch. Now, Resistance is just kind of there, Ratchet and Clank only really appeal to those who grew up with them, and Fuse has no marketing. The quality of their games hasn't gone down, just their sales. They've been tossed by the lay side, which really isn't fair.

Stark

Banned

They haven't done anything really wrong aside from one really good continuing business decision.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
pretty cool that it'll be multiplat. character art and cover look awesome. story bits and gameplay sounds interesting

Shadders

There's nothing in the contract to indicate that Activision can push Bungie in any way.

Aye, there terms in the contract were very loose, the release platforms and whatnot were just a vague business plan, it wasn't as if Bungie was locked in to do them. Obviously changes would have to be agreed by both parties, but in the end, they're both looking to try and make a load of money.

Iksenpets

Banned
I understand, I just think it's strange.

"Preorder it now for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3!"

*PS4/720 revealed*

"Oh, and now you can preorder it for the PS4/720 too."

Wat? Just feels weird.

Eh, doesn't seem that weird, especially if the reveal goes out of its way to make it clear there's a next gen version, similar to how Watch Dogs was announced for PS3/360 while showing footage that clearly wasn't running on those consoles. From there it's not a stretch to have Bungie get on stage at MS's E3 conference to announce the next gen version officially. People who are already planning to buy new consoles are largely aware of what's going on and would know what's coming.

RoKKeR

I really hope its next Gen or even PC. If not, no thanks... Game sounded great but not in sub HD. The thought of borderlands style game play or mmo style on current consoles sounds terrible.

I get that borderlands 2 looked good on current consoles, but lets be honest... The art style allowed it.. It wasn't all that intensive looking.

looking at the concept art on this game alone makes it impossible. But I'm spoiled now by a good PC I guess... After planetaide 2 or battlefield on PC (after putting 100hrs on Xbox version)

I'm ranting.. I'm sorry.. I'm just so excited for next Gen I'm being a.. Ya know... :(
We still don't even know what the gameplay will entail. It will be something we aren't suspecting, that's for sure. Also, it's not like Destiny isn't coming out for next gen... Activision loves money too much just release it on current gen this fall. C'mon now son, think a little.

Everybody just needs to relax. Jesus, the hype is taking over rational thought.

Dmax3901

You are a powerful guardian...

Earth's last remaining city...

Shoot enemies...

Reclaim what was lost...

tumblr_lqdmkh6r0O1qzeohd.gif

But then...

destinyback.jpg

breach.jpg

tumblr_mc3p1mAcCa1rjpxgso1_500.gif

Man

I really hope its next Gen or even PC. If not, no thanks... Game sounded great but not in sub HD. The thought of borderlands style game play or mmo style on current consoles sounds terrible.
Just enjoy it for the month of October for what it is and then move on to next-gen consoles in November. Maybe a Planetside 2 PS4 launch release can fill its void.

Infinity Ward says hello

How does that have to do with Bungie though? Activision doesn't own them like they do with Infinity Ward. Bungie's paychecks are handled by Bungie. Any money Activision gives them is given to them as a whole, not to individual developers. I seriously doubt Activision will try to screw an entire company over. Although, there are some that hate them so much that I'm sure they'll wish for it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just caught myself thinking "Might have to wait for the ps4 version of this .... " and then got all giddy and happy cause that just means later this motherfuckin year.

Git hype.

exYle

Okay one. :p but have faith!

I have faith in Bungie, and I have faith that Activision will do little meddling, which will be the best result for everybody.

How does that have to do with Bungie though? Activision doesn't own them like they do with Infinity Ward. Bungie's paychecks are handled by Bungie. Any money Activision gives them is given to them as a whole, not to individual developers. I seriously doubt Activision will try to screw an entire company over, especially one like Bungie.

The subject I was responding to was gamers' animosity towards Activision as a company, which is well justified. Our hesitation towards the Bungie/Activision partnership should be curbed for the reasons you listed, but it's not unreasonable to be cautious around a publisher that has gutted several of its developers.

The subject I was responding to was gamers' animosity towards Activision as a company, which is well justified. Our hesitation towards the Bungie/Activision partnership should be curbed for the reasons you listed, but it's not unreasonable to be cautious around a publisher that has gutted several of its developers.

I agree that we should be cautious, but I guess I'm just bitter to the people saying they won't buy this title because of how Activision handled CoD. That's like not going to Italy because they trade with North Korea.

exYle

I agree that we should be cautious, but I guess I'm just bitter to the people saying they won't buy this title because of how Activision handled CoD. That's like not going to Italy because they trade with North Korea.

I agree. I expect that they'll quiet down come Sunday, though

soldat7

Now I'm thinking next-gen Destiny is farther off than expected and Activision pushed Bungie to release on current gen now, next gen later.

Bah.

This initial offering has been in development for many years. I doubt there was any rushing or pushing going on here. When you develop games toward the latter end of a generation, this is what happens. The good news is latter generation games tend to look pretty amazing.

bangai-o

Banned
Now I'm thinking next-gen Destiny is farther off than expected and Activision pushed Bungie to release on current gen now, next gen later.

Bah.

well if Activision did that than they are smart. After all, PS3 and 360 are already in every gamer's homes. of course Bungie doesnt need Activision to tell them that.

Lucifon

Xbox 360 release October... hmmm. Getting very close to next-gen.

Nextbox backwards compatibility confirmed?

Gorillaz

I don't see Bungie getting "Infinity warded" in this deal with Activision, since alot of what's going on will be on Bungie's end.

I think Respawn Entertainment/Old Infinity Ward has a similar deal with EA

pelican

Soo, PS3/360 only?

I find it strange Activision would release these preorder cards saying only 360/PS3 if it indeed will have next gen versions...

The can't announce anything before the consoles are announced.

New POS can be easily issued to stores for next gen pre-orders if applicable.

RoKKeR

Why? Do you also think the release date means PS4 has BC? Almost everyone seems to think it doesn't.

Everybody is just shooting in the dark, which I find to be hilarious. Just need to wait and see how next gen plays out in terms of integrating current gen games/systems/etc.

Lucifon

Why? Do you also think the release date means PS4 has BC? Almost everyone seems to think it doesn't.

No because it's a timed exclusive for the 360 and 720 apparently. Probably a crossover generation title, but don't expect the PS3 version this year.

If Bungie announced the Destiny beta would start within the next 3 months this Sunday, I would shit myself.

Really, there would be shit filling my pants.

duckroll

No because it's a timed exclusive for the 360 and 720 apparently. Probably a crossover generation title, but don't expect the PS3 version this year.

Things seem to have changed since the contract leak though. There are covers for both 360 and PS3 versions, and retailers seem to be ready for both this October. We'll find out for sure this weekend when they actually announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom