• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
So, first betrayalton of 2013? :)

I'm glad that its gonna be multiplatform game from day1. More people will have chance to enjoy it. As for MS, they will surely pay some obscene amount of money for exclusive content and focus their marketing on that.

Ran rp

the Grunts are so cute when they're all grown up.

destinyback.jpg

Can't unsee that now!

Kyon

Banned

I'm glad that its gonna be multiplatform game from day1. More people will have chance to enjoy it. As for MS, they will surely pay some obscene amount of money for exclusive content and focus their marketing on that.

How is this a betraylton? o_O I thought it was always PS360?

Izick

I thought it was 360 exclusive for the time being but who gives a shit. Hopefully this mean it could come out on the PS4 as well!

StuBurns

Banned
I was thinking for the next gen systems but even that doesn't make much sense.
Durango as 'next-gen' exclusive does make some sense to me. Locking down a huge franchise like this for a year on one system would be very expensive, MS would need to compensate Acti for at least three or four million copies, which is basically a hundred million dollars. But to compensate for the very small amount of people who would only buy PS4 versions? That's got to be very reasonable, and it'd connect the franchise with their platform for the whole generation.

Lucifon

Then why exactly would this pre-order card mention both 360 and PS3 in the 2013 time frame given? At least read the OP before spewing shit.

Microsoft are going to need to show at least something to keep 360 gamers happy this E3, and I don't think it's a long shot to suggest Destiny will take up the majority of that.

Maybe things have changed though with the exclusivity deal! Activision are pretty loved up with MS after how successful it's been for them with Call of Duty so the odds of some kind of exclusivity is pretty high.

Mandoric

Banned
How is this a betraylton? o_O I thought it was always PS360?

The original contract mandated an X360 version this year and left open the possibility of a PS3 version no later than next year. Some people took "no later" as "no earlier".

RoKKeR

Possibly before Christmas, but I'm pretty sure timed exclusive is a given. It's also meant to be a 720 timed exclusive also, which you'd imagine would put the PS3 date past the date of the 720 launch.

Maybe a late November/Early December PS3 launch?

Microsoft are going to need to show at least something to keep 360 gamers happy this E3, and I don't think it's a long shot to suggest Destiny will take up the majority of that.
Jesus.

Stahp.

Somebody, please...

Durango as 'next-gen' exclusive does make some sense to me. Locking down a huge franchise like this for a year on one system would be very expensive, MS would need to compensate Acti for at least three or four million copies, which is basically a hundred million dollars. But to compensate for the very small amount of people who would only buy PS4 versions? That's got to be very reasonable, and it'd connect the franchise with their platform for the whole generation.

Yeah this is basically what I am talking about. Thanks for decoding my brain Stu

I was thinking for the next gen systems but even that doesn't make much sense.

ah okay, in that case you might be right.
I've got a feeling Microsoft let the PS3 version release the same time as the other versions because the next gen version was exclusive/timed exclusive to Durango.

Glad to see there is no timed exclusivity! Now I'm really curious about the gameplay.

My biggest concern is that Activision is going to charge the crap out of all the expansions severely segregating the community which isn't good for the game [I believe] this is trying to be.

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't think it was ever a "timed exclusive." More like Bungie didn't want to guarantee a version for the console they were less familiar with. A same-day PS3 release was always in the cards but they just weren't sure when they wrote up the contract.

DieH@rd

Banned

They will show exclusive demo of Destiny, and then announce plan of transforming X360 into full-time media entertainment machine. End of mass x360 game development, and focus on exclusive streaming deals.

Gorillaz

They will show exclusive demo of Destiny, and then announce plan of transforming X360 into full-time media entertainment machine. End of mass x360 game development, and focus on exclusive streaming deals.

Hmm...that's actually pretty smart. Basically Jerry Rigging the 360 into a full entertainment device
which is basically what it has turned into

Lol we shouldn't be surprised by Rayman at all! Considering its Ubisoft lmfao

Yea Ubi has been fucking up lately

Lucifon

Very likely. I imagine they'll need at least try give something gaming-wise to try and promote 360 sales until the 720 hits though. Obviously we all know 360 game development will be coming to a close but they'll no doubt try (emphasis on try) show the opposite of that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a DLC exclusivity deal like was previously rumoured though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

I still have a feeling it'll be a timed next gen exclusive for Durango.

Petrichor

I still have a feeling it'll be a timed next gen exclusive for Durango.

It could come to 720, 360 and PS3 this year and not contradict the contract that was circulated - a PS4 version would be out of the question though, at least for Destiny 1

The contract merely stipulated that bungie were not obliged to release the PS3 version this year - it seems like the clause was a contingency plan rather than a statement of intent, a circumspect one considering they haven't developed for the PS3 before.

Not sure why everyone is assuming that the contract has changed.

Quazar

Things seem to have changed since the contract leak though. There are covers for both 360 and PS3 versions, and retailers seem to be ready for both this October. We'll find out for sure this weekend when they actually announce it.

Yea, it seems it's just a normal multi-plat game to me at this point. Hopefully their is a beefed up next gen version though, otherwise I'll just outright skip this one.

Himself

Knowing nothing about this game besides the images in this thread; looks like Halo.

Eh. There's really not enough to judge it by yet, but what there is seems to suffer from the same problem as Fuse: it looks like everything that's already out there and nothing new. But art direction has always been one of Bungie's weak points.

Mifune

Mehmber
I think that if it comes to Durango it's coming to Orbis, too. I don't see anyone shelling out big bucks for third party exclusives anymore (did they ever really?).

Himself

I won't buy this on current gen systems. I'm done with any new IP's on current platforms.

Really? No interest in The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Killer is Dead, or Puppeteer?

The fact that Sony is pushing out three new IPs this year is commendable. At least I think so...

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
Hi, first post.

It's disappointing that a company that a company who had their big breakthrough from a launch title is releasing this game on current gen consoles. Only reason I can think of is for a bigger market. This game should really only be in development for next gen systems and focus on making a behemoth of a game rather than cross-generational. If it doesn't come out on next gen systems, I will probably skip as well.

Petrichor

Eh. There's really not enough to judge it by yet, but what there is seems to suffer from the same problem as Fuse: it looks like everything that's already out there and nothing new. But art direction has always been one of Bungie's weak points.

You are joking right?

Salz01

Really? No interest in The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Killer is Dead, or Puppeteer?

Correct. You might get a little bit of an eye brow raise with Last of Us, but funds in my wallet are strictly reserved for next gen titles.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hi, first post.

It's disappointing that a company that a company who had their big breakthrough from a launch title is releasing this game on current gen consoles. Only reason I can think of is for a bigger market. This game should really only be in development for next gen systems and focus on making a behemoth of a game rather than cross-generational. If it doesn't come out on next gen systems, I will probably skip as well.

I'm pretty sure it's cross gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom