• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

I don't see a gambit? I made a case for someone I think is scum? My talk of claiming earlier on was to try and lightning rod a kill my way?

lol Mafia extra-won't kill a claim-teaser, especially one that carries over to the next Days. That'd be like refusing charity for them

Flame_AC

Flame, why should I believe you

No real reason. Why would scum me devote so much time to lynching Zeusy? An elaborate bus that's got both of us looking bad? Me as scum attacking a townie consistently doesn't help either. If I was playing scum I would have diversified my scum reads and put some suspicion onto more players. It also makes no sense for scum me to support cabot, someone who has dominated a lot of the conversation.

I never claimed to have a PR, I just said that I would claim my role. I never lied about any of my reads/opinions.

If nothing else, what does my lynch really gain you if I was town? I've mostly interacted with Zeusy conversations today and a small defense of myself. Though of course you could say the same thing in reverse and say that if Zeusy dies and is town, what did we gain? More suspicion of me? It'd be a real bummer to be incorrect about Zeusy, but if nothing else I've put forward an effort to scum hunt.

SkyOdin

On a random side tangent...

Cabot, why on Earth do you call *Splinter "lover" and Swamped "fiancé"? I noticed the former quite a bit, but I just caught the second on rereding some of Swamped's old posts.

Is there there some old in-joke from a previous game I am missing or is this some sort of mafia code?

Cabot, why on Earth do you call *Splinter "lover" and Swamped "fiancé"? I noticed the former quite a bit, but I just caught the second on rereding some of Swamped's old posts.

Is there there some old in-joke from a previous game I am missing or is this some sort of mafia code?

Can't spell scandal without candles

Kyanrute

Claim teasing has a higher chance to work if there is something certain to kill. Think of a 1-shot cop claiming a JOAT. Plain old teasing without anything concrete fills the scum chat with "BUBUBBU WHAT ABOUT A VENGEFUL GUN OWNAGE PERSON OF DOOM!?"

cabot

There is a lot of speculation going on about who the second killer is, but the most important question is whether or not the other killer is a serial killer or is aligned with town. The kill targets say "aligned with town", but we can't at all be certain yet.

I would say that it is unlikely that we have two town vigilantes, but it is possible that we may have a deputy vigilante or universal deputy who inherited Dysk Soldier's powers. Power roles do seem a little strong in this game, based on Swamped's flip.

On the other hand, a serial killer successfully building town cred would be a dangerous thing.

Well yeah, but if it is a SK, then he helped town out of a pretty bad funk with his actions.

He'll be dangerous eventually but currently he's not a danger. I calculated we had till Day 7 before lylo with 2 NKs a night and that was before the previous single kill night, should still be looking pretty good now with a scum dead.

cabot

yes, it's mafia code.

What even is this post, you think it's a calling card to my scum team mates?

it's all in jokes.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Any reason?

Out of the two people left alive on my scum list from yesterday (Flame and Blarg, Ri and Swamped were the others) I'm leaning slightly towards Blarg, I'm usually against his lynches in other games but he has rubbed me the wrong way in this one.

cabot

Any reason?

Out of the two people left alive on my scum list from yesterday (Flame and Blarg, Ri and Swamped were the others) I'm leaning slightly towards Blarg, I'm usually against his lynches in other games but he has rubbed me the wrong way in this one.

Come on OA, I said it earlier.

only thing with Bronx is he just seems more relaxed this game, which is different. I find it scummy for that reason.

Sky is eh.

I think Blarg could be scum though it seems I'm not in a large section of people for that to happen.

Main reasons? His unvote on me when he stated it wasn't worth chasing despite me being tied with the vote leader.

He chasing me when I know I'm town.

And the bad juju, of course.

Blarg you quoted me but didnt answer my question, why do you townread LP?

Well yeah, but if it is a SK, then he helped town out of a pretty bad funk with his actions.

He'll be dangerous eventually but currently he's not a danger. I calculated we had till Day 7 before lylo with 2 NKs a night and that was before the previous single kill night, should still be looking pretty good now with a scum dead.

fucking LOL this is so rich coming from the bro who basically led a PANIC MOB against CCS for allegedly being a 2nd-kill causer

WOW

*Splinter

That ordinary claim was unsurprising yet still disappointing. Now I'm a bit lost.

Logic points to Zeusy
Gut points to Flame
Blarg points to Bronx

thinking emoji

SkyOdin

yes, it's mafia code.

What even is this post, you think it's a calling card to my scum team mates?

it's all in jokes.
Sorry, I just don't know the basis for the jokes. As far as I could tell, you were breadcrumbing something, I just couldn't tell what. The downside of being a relative outsider to this community.

Kyanrute

Sorry, I just don't know the basis for the jokes. As far as I could tell, you were breadcrumbing something, I just couldn't tell what. The downside of being a relative outsider to this community.

the solution is to create a joke of your own

or go deeper and become a joke

*Splinter

2 hours from deadline, let's get some votes in.

I'm not trusting my gut today, Zeusy's vote pattern is a classic new-scum mistake, and his defense has been non existant.

VOTE: Zeusy

A vote count would be super handy, if anyone would like some cheap townpoints.

I'm getting called to a meeting shortly, but just in case I miss it ( I know I did last time). Here is a vote:

vote: Zeusy

I can and might change it

cabot

fucking LOL this is so rich coming from the bro who basically led a PANIC MOB against CCS for allegedly being a 2nd-kill causer

WOW

is the takeaway here if they are neutral we trust him?

cause fuck that shit. I put CCS with acohrs in the playstyles. We have a SK so far which has proven to aid Town, not to fuck it.

CCS would definitely do whatever he thought was fun, much like acohrs did. Fuck off, m8.

cabot

What do you think about LP?

I've been townreading LP most of this game, but out of habit than desire. Not posting too much but I feel he's been frank in his posts to think he's more town than scum.

As well as blanketly making the post limit. He's made nonsense posts to get there.

Why do you townread him?

Top Bottom