• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love it if they put a bunch of Pokemon themes in there. The original trainer battle theme, the Gold/Silver gym battle theme, the Team Galactic battle theme, and the D/P champion's theme would all be great in Brawl.

Firestorm

superbank said:
:eek:

Is he? I don't play high level matches so I don't know.

No, he's not. Fox is one spot higher than Falco which means absolutely nothing. They're basically equals. The two best characters in the game.

arter_2, I think the problem here IS the fact that Fox is pretty much perfect.

I believe Falco's high placement is because he's regarded as a Fox counter, but Fox is still the better character overall.

But this just illustrates how the tier-system is based on the metagame, and not a set in stone ranking system.

superbank said:
I want most of his moves changed. I want all of the characters moves to be changed. Or add another attack button for more possible moves.

I don't. I would love to have characters core mechanics intact but with upgrades and sweet graphical effects. Characters like Fox, Link, and Samus are pretty much perfect.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
underfooter said:
I don't. I would love to have characters core mechanics intact but with upgrades and sweet graphical effects. Characters like Fox, Link, and Samus are pretty much perfect.

What, **** that. Down B, Link transforms to wolf form.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20061103051520539.jpg

Thats what I'm talkin bout. And luckily that option is still open since we have only seen Links Standard and Up specials are the same.

Firestorm

underfooter said:

Link needs upgrade. Bad. He was the worst in SSB. He was basically the middle in SSBM. Let's make him top in Brawl!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Firestorm said:
Link needs upgrade. Bad. He was the worst in SSB. He was basically the middle in SSBM. Let's make him top in Brawl!

Psh, he was top in SSBM when i was controlling him!

ColdBlooded33 said:

yeah, I was awesome with Link, you just had to not suck to play him well.

and hell no to Down B is transform into Wolf, the Bomb needs to be there.

Linkup

ColdBlooded33 said:

QFT, if anyone needs a tweak it's samus. I played fox(light weight) as an agile fighter, link(medium) as the balanced all around guy, and samus(medium) as the somewhat...odd fighter. I think samus controls kind of weird.

Firestorm

No. Link was not very good. Just accept that. And Young Link was worse. Stupid Nintendo. Upgrade my poor Young Link =( Give him... I dunno, moves that can KO? ;_;

Seriously. Getting people to 100% before being able to KO blows when they can KO me at 40%.

Linkup

Firestorm said:
No. Link was not very good. Just accept that. And Young Link was worse. Stupid Nintendo. Upgrade my poor Young Link =( Give him... I dunno, moves that can KO? ;_;

Seriously. Getting people to 100% before being able to KO blows when they can KO me at 40%.

Aren't you the guy that played in some ssbm tournaments? Can't believe your saying that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ColdBlooded33 said:

Linkzg said:

Bet you guys couldn't beat Aniki!

GaimeGuy

Linkup said:
Aren't you the guy that played in some ssbm tournaments? Can't believe your saying that.
Hey, there's a reason Link is in low tier. He might beat the top of low tier, but he's still low tier.

MrNibbles

Banned
"Tiers" don't mean shit.
Smash is an incredibly balanced game.

It has its glitches, quirks, and yes, precedences for characters and moves, but none of that makes any god damned difference if you know how to play. A "low tier" character can beat a "high tier" character as long as the person knows what they're doing.

WHERE IS JAPAN TIMEEEE cannt wait 30 minutes.

superbank

Linkzg said:

If its the same bomb again, no thanks. These characters have so many moves from their games it only makes sense to change them for varieties sake.

WastingPenguins said:
Anyone else love Fox's new look? Loads of character there.

It's kinda half Command and half Assault. It's not bad, well detailed, but I still like his SFA look best.

I agree with Linkup - Samus needs a boost. I use her often but still think she deserves to be stronger. She should be able to use the morph ball for more than just bombs.

superbank

Firestorm said:

I hear you. I so wanted to be Young Link. I tried. But he just sucks so bad. :( Hopefully WW Link will be better.
Yeah I said it.

GaimeGuy

er... if samus was any more powerful, she'd be near broken.

as it stands, her only real weaknesses are:

She's easy to kill vertically
She's easy to shieldgrab
She has a bad wavedash, roll, and shorthop.

GaimeGuy said:

She's easy to shieldgrab

Easy to kill vertically.... and ****ing impossible to kill horizontally goddammit stupid bitch ****ing die already

GaimeGuy

WastingPenguins said:
Easy to kill vertically.... and ****ing impossible to kill horizontally goddammit stupid bitch ****ing die already
indeed :lol

God I hate fighting against Peach

Firestorm

Linkup said:

I don't play in many tournaments. If I did, it wouldn't change the fact that he's no where near top tier. At all.

GaimeGuy said:
Bet you guys couldn't beat Aniki!

It's weird, but I really don't like Aniki's YLink... I dunno why. I know he's probably the best, but I really like seeing Caveman's (my hero!) and Chu Dat's (my other hero!) YLinks more.

WastingPenguins said:
Anyone else love Fox's new look? Loads of character there.

Nope >_> I hate it really. I liked the Star Fox Adventures model better.

MrNibbles said:
"Tiers" don't mean shit.
Smash is an incredibly balanced game.

It has its glitches, quirks, and yes, precedences for characters and moves, but none of that makes any god damned difference if you know how to play. A "low tier" character can beat a "high tier" character as long as the person knows what they're doing.

WHERE IS JAPAN TIMEEEE cannt wait 30 minutes.

It's balanced, but still obviously tiers exist. A low tier character controlled by someone who knows who he's doing can beat a high tier by someone who doesn't. But if both characters know what they're doing, and the low tier doesn't counter the high tier, there's a high chance the high tier character will win.

Alkaliine said:
It's kinda half Command and half Assault. It's not bad, well detailed, but I still like his SFA look best.

I agree with Linkup - Samus needs a boost. I use her often but still think she deserves to be stronger. She should be able to use the morph ball for more than just bombs.

Well... Samus uses morph ball to lay bombs to recover which is pretty significant. And she can use it to roll I guess... but that hurts her more than helps >_> Worst roll in the game.

GaimeGuy said:

She's easy to shieldgrab

Her wavedash is good >.>; I think you're mistaking hers for Peach or Zelda's.

GaimeGuy said:

She's easy to shieldgrab

I guess I just suck at using her. :(

RECOVERY

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic03.html

After an enemy sends you flying really far, it seems like all that’s left is for you to fall.
But you must never give up hope!

basic03_070605a-l.jpg

You’ve been blasted! Just aim for solid ground!

basic03_070605b-l.jpg

This is when you use your midair jump!

basic03_070605c-l.jpg

Then your Up Special Move to rise up!

basic03_070605d-l.jpg

Whoa. Safe at last.

If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!

And look at that sexy background... and Metaknight...:)

And whoever said I couldn't predict Japan Time...

*gives finger while playing ddr naked*

Alkaliine said:
Sheesh.

Next update: move the analogue stick to MOVE YOU CHARACTER. WOW, now your character can move in different directions!

Is this bitching gonna happen EVERYTIME they update the "how to play" section?

GaimeGuy

It might just be the particular photos we got, but mario's recovery looks freaking ridiculous in brawl

GaimeGuy said:
It might just be the particular photos we got, but mario's recovery looks freaking ridiculous in brawl

Haha yeah I actually thought the same. Maybe my memory is tricking me, but I don't recall any character in Melee ever being able to recover from a fall that large. And if some did, it sure wasn't Mario.

The art in that background is visually stunning. So vibrant and epic, even if it is only an enhanced picture.

If we can appreciate anything from lame updates such as this, it's the screens. I'm falling the love with the Battlefield stage. It's simple but visually very appealing, has great music and is well set-out for skilled matches.

Nice to see Metaknight again, it's been a while since we last saw him in screens I think. His model is fantastic.

Linkup

Background actually has a bending horizon. Also the clouds didn't move so I'm guessing they haven't got them moving yet or they posed mario model and moved it.

There's a ton of room for Link to have stuff added to him. The purely uncharged arrow is nearly worthless and has a huge animation, so it wouldn't be that troubling to make a quick double tap pull out a bomb and hold to use arrow.

Also if they really wanted, they could add command based smashes. QCF SMASH MOTHER ****ERS.

OMG THATS NOT SMASH!@!! Yea I know, but I really think they need to flesh out the movesets so there's more to distinguish it from SSBM.

superbank

Bad update today. They should have put another tutorial up.

Firestorm said:
basic03_070605b-l.jpg

What the hell. That's a lot of air to make up. And we were just talking about how it's a bitch to kill Samus. Now it's horrible to kill Mario =(

This seems like a good time to post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qMbKtlUrcg
(go to 3:37)

I was looking at that picture thinking "How the hell is he gonna get back?" but it makes sense that Mario should have a good jump.

Cool recovery in that video.

If the shots aren't misleading, it's not particularly surprising. Sakurai did say he wanted to concentrate on aerial battles and higher jumping would make sense.

Linkup said:
Background actually has a bending horizon. Also the clouds didn't move so I'm guessing they haven't got them moving yet or they posed mario model and moved it.

Yeah, with the background moving and the clouds moving and water sparkling, I can imagine that this stage will = eye sex.

GaimeGuy

Alkaliine said:
Haha yeah I actually thought the same. Maybe my memory is tricking me, but I don't recall any character in Melee ever being able to recover from a fall that large. And if some did, it sure wasn't Mario.
Guys like Fox and Mewtwo could easily make it back to thep latform from that distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom