• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/06/09 || Batman Demo (up in EU/US)

BeeDog

Today's update is up on the EU store. MOTHERFUCKERS, the FNR4 DLC ain't there, I'm going to fucking kill a kitten now.

Synless

In regards to the summary a few posts back, avatars on the PS3 are a joke. I really wish they would update them.

Volcynika

Synless said:
In regards to the summary a few posts back, avatars on the PS3 are a joke. I really wish they would update them.

You'd think it'd be easy to add new avatars. Apparently not.

Cue long post telling me why it's so hard to put new ones up :p

MDSLKTR

BeeDog said:
I'm going to fucking kill a kitten now.

zlus2.gif

SMOKE

Banned
Are we ever gonna get that online chess game that was shown at E3 2005?

Gets kinda frustrating trying to find a player in HOME.

Doel

It's not letting me download the Batman demo off the European store. It's saying "There is not enough free space", when I have 3GB and the demo is only about 1.5GB.

Tntnnbltn

Doel said:
It's not letting me download the Batman demo off the European store. It's saying "There is not enough free space", when I have 3GB and the demo is only about 1.5GB.
Install file: 1.5GB
Demo: 1.5GB

Pro-tip: The install file can't delete itself while it's still installing.

Doel said:

I could be wrong, but I think its because you have to unpack the demo and install it. If you free up 100-200 megs you should be good I think.

Doel said:

you need to have at least 2920MB free for this demo (Demo size x2 = download itself + the "installing" copying it to the game-partition of the PS3 HDD or however it works)
edit: you only need that for the start of download and installation process.

Doel

Got it. It should mention that then. Because otherwise its just a mind **** if it looks like you have enough space and it says you don't.

Fate/unlimited codes

Capcom is pleased to announce that the download title Fate/unlimited codes will be coming to the Playstation Store for PAL territories on 3rd September.

Fate/unlimited codes is based on the visual novel ‘Fate/ stay night’ and features seven pairs of ‘Masters’ and ‘Servants’ competing for the ‘Holy Grail’ that will grant them any wish. The compelling combat experience for the PSP features a deep roster of characters and unique fighting moves that are sure to meet any Capcom fans highest expectations.

Those who feel confident enough to take on some competition will be able to battle it out with a friend through local Ad-hoc play. With over 250 missions, 17 characters and a deep fighting system for players to master, Fate/ unlimited codes is set to be one of the most robust fighters for the PSP yet!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmm. So I got this email from EntroPay re. purchasing on the US PSN Store. (I live in EU but use Entropay to purchase on the US PSN):

A recent review by our Customer Support team revealed that you are using a United States address as either your registration address or billing address when purchasing PlayStation games online. Please be aware that continuing to use such an address will require us to change the terms of your EntroPay Account.

To continue using your card at PlayStation...

If the United States is not your country of residence we request that you log into your EntroPay Account and update your registration and/or billing address with the proper address prior to Monday 10th August. Doing so will allow you to retain full access to all the features and benefits of your current EntroPay Virtual Visa cards – and you will still be able to purchase PlayStation games online with your real address.

To change your address, please follow these steps:

* Click on ‘Account Settings’ tab at the top of the page
* Click ‘Change Personal Details’ and follow the instructions

Not changing your US address...

Do note that if you do not change your address, effective from Monday 10th August, any EntroPay cards associated with your account that continue to reference a registration and/or billing address in the United States will have restricted usage based upon local laws and regulations. This adjustment is necessary because the acceptance of our payment services is more limited in that country.

...but if I change my US address (which was actually a real US address I was staying at a while back :p) to a non-US one, will Sony then stop me from buying on the US store? EntroPay seems to suggest I'd still be able to purchase stuff on the store, but...

edit - although now I'm really confused cos they're saying to change your address at Entropay...which already has my real address! :|

Spy

Is there a reason IGN says Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is coming out today? Usually they're spot on in their release dates section.

Shinriji

I received that message from entropay as well. It seem that the owners of the entropay card that don't change his address won't be able to use the card on online gambling. I don't gamble anyway, so I can't be bothered, but something tells me that there's a catch somewhere, and I should change.

But first of all, I should see if my real card works on the US store.

One thing Im really starting to dig about PSN games, is that the devs behind them tend to support them with extra downloadable content.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Shinriji said:
I received that message from entropay as well. It seem that the owners of the entropay card that don't change his address won't be able to use the card on online gambling. I don't gamble anyway, so I can't be bothered, but something tells me that there's a catch somewhere, and I should change.

But first of all, I should see if my real card works on the US store.

Yeah, it's a bit weird how it then goes on about gambling :lol

Maybe they consider the PSN store to be in the same category as gambling sites for procedural purposes or something. I dunno, it's all very confusing.

I'm pretty sure MvC2 is coming out on 360 at least 2 weeks before the PS3. It's gotta come out before the disc based version though, which i believe is this month.

Spy

Terrordactyl said:
I'm pretty sure MvC2 is coming out on 360 at least 2 weeks before the PS3. It's gotta come out before the disc based version though, which i believe is this month.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is already out on the 360. Where's your source for a disc based version?

-PXG-

Spy said:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is already out on the 360. Where's your source for a disc based version?

It's not a disc. It's a download voucher you can buy in stores. GameStop will have them. Not sure who else

Speaking of GameStop, we've had the Batman demo for months, and I've never played it. :lol

jett

D-Member
gofreak said:
Hmmm. So I got this email from EntroPay re. purchasing on the US PSN Store. (I live in EU but use Entropay to purchase on the US PSN):

...but if I change my US address (which was actually a real US address I was staying at a while back :p) to a non-US one, will Sony then stop me from buying on the US store? EntroPay seems to suggest I'd still be able to purchase stuff on the store, but...

edit - although now I'm really confused cos they're saying to change your address at Entropay...which already has my real address! :|

Here's your problem: It doesn't matter what address you put in the PSN account. What entropay wants you to do is to input your real address in your Entropay account.

Am I the only one that thinks putting a bunch of crap on the PSOne store to sift through is only a bad thing?

Volume looks nice for a bullet point, but we only have a handful of classics.

Loving the F/UC news. I think it's funny how we're getting it when we haven't got the anime yet! I've read the PC novel, but that was never gonna make it over :lol :lol :lol

BeeDog

blizzardsounds said:
Anyone with any further thoughts on the Batman demo??

Check the other dedicated topic for some good impressions.

I have a PSN DLC-related question for you guys; I'm thinking about buying Prince Of Persia from the UK, and I saw there's a pretty substantial piece of DLC for it on the store (I purchase on the Swedish/EU store). When I checked its description, there was a note saying something along "NOTE: only for use with disc code XXXX...", so if I purchase the game from the UK, will I be able to buy the DLC from my 'local' store, or do the different releases inside Europe have different codes as well?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BeeDog said:
Check the other dedicated topic for some good impressions.

I have a PSN DLC-related question for you guys; I'm thinking about buying Prince Of Persia from the UK, and I saw there's a pretty substantial piece of DLC for it on the store (I purchase on the Swedish/EU store). When I checked its description, there was a note saying something along "NOTE: only for use with disc code XXXX...", so if I purchase the game from the UK, will I be able to buy the DLC from my 'local' store, or do the different releases inside Europe have different codes as well?

DLC region has to match the region of the disc

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
blizzardsounds said:
Anyone with any further thoughts on the Batman demo??

Pretty fun, but it's damn short. You get only to use the batarangs (and still, the demo never prompts you to do it) and grapling hook as far as gadget goes. The detetective mode is pretty sweet, you get to see every objet you can interact with in a different color and it permits you to spot ennemies as well as giving you their status (calm, panicked ...).

There's really only one zone where you can play with the ennemies, but boy is it promising! Waiting suspended to a gargoyle (wtf are those doing there btw?) that an ennemy walk below you only to press triangle, zipping down, taking the bad guy, zipping up and leaving him suspended classic Batman-style is super satisfying.

There's a bit of combat too at the beginning, you have normal strikes and counter. To successfully counter, you have to press the button at the moment a blue indicator appears around the head of the ennemies. As known, it's a freeform combo style of combat. And it's nicely animated. All in all, during gameplay, it feels like Batman.

I'm not really moved by the way the game animates during dialogs and the general shiny rendering style due to the UE3 engine. The demo is really linear, you move up to a point, objective comes up, you move to the next point and so on. If the final game is a bit less linear and provides fun situations it could be really cool.

TL,DR : Promising but it shows little of the game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jett said:
Here's your problem: It doesn't matter what address you put in the PSN account. What entropay wants you to do is to input your real address in your Entropay account.

I already did that though, from the start :|

It was slightly mis-spelled when I checked it, so I fixed that...maybe that'll count as 'updated'.

BeeDog

levious said:
DLC region has to match the region of the disc

But if I import the game from the UK, will I (as a Swedish PSN user) have no problems getting the DLC to work on it (when I buy it in my store)? That is, are there any differences in the code between European countries too?

Tntnnbltn

BeeDog said:
But if I import the game from the UK, will I (as a Swedish PSN user) have no problems getting the DLC to work on it (when I buy it in my store)? That is, are there any differences in the code between European countries too?
As long as the serial number of the UK and Swedish discs are the same, you'll be fine. i.e. as long as Sweden doesn't have its own separate SKU.

gofreak said:

I got that email too. I checked and it's my real UK address on Entropay. So I've emailed them back to see if I'm doing something wrong...

Kingsgoon

Savage Moon – Waldgeist Pack
Update Savage Moon before downloading expansion or it puts Savage Moon
into trial mode and you have to delete and download everything again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:

Yes.

I purchased the UK version of COD4 and Italian DLC doesn't work. Different codes.

SolidusDave said:
summarizing the replies from the eu-blog-post...

Q: more PSone (especially Spyro games)?
A: "I don’t have anything specific to confirm at the moment, but I’m hopeful that we’ll have more available sooner rather than later."

Q: PAL Metal Gear Solid?
A: "Still awaiting specific confirmation as to what the score is on that front – my fingers are crossed that we’ll have some good news soon."

Q: not more Wednesday blogposts?
A: "I am sorry a full day in advance turned out to be too problematic, but early doors on a Thursday is still an improvement"

Q: PAL Disgaea 3 DLC?
A: "The DLC is coming, I’m just not one hundred per cent sure of the release dates as yet, but it should all be quite imminent."

Q: no PAL Bomberman/ Namco ESSENTIALS?
A: "If the content has not been submitted to us, or has not yet passed QA and had all metadata approved then there is nothing we at SCEE can do"

Q: what's about that rumor with the (Hongkong) 18th august PSN-service-change/addition?
A: "I don’t know anything about this, but to be fair, I’m not always one of the first to find out"

Q: No Unbound Saga in Australia?
A: "Unbound Saga was released last week, however the publisher did not submit for release in Australia."

Q: PAL Final fantasy Dissidia demo?
A: "It’s coming soon, can’t give specifics just yet though"

Q: Crash Commando DLC?
A: "Regarding Crash Commando all I can say is to keep your eyes peeled and I’m sure some interesting news will pop up"

Q: Fixed time for store-updates?
A: "Wish we could stick to a specific time every week, but it’s not possible I’m afraid. As a general rule though we’re usually updated by 6pm at the latest."

Q: no Guitar Hero DLC in South African?
A: "It’s not been submitted for release in South Africa I’m afraid, although I’m not sure of the reason why."

Q: more details about the Silent Hill removal?
A: "There was some miscommunication and it was released by accident, there were legal issues with the game and we had to remove it promptly."
Konami: "nooooo don't release it yet, we wanted to wait for the SH remake release!!!111" :lol

Q: These are not PSone "classics?!
A: "I was just making the point regarding the PSOne games that all releases are put into the ‘classics’ section, so there is no classic criteria to reach as such, other than being an older game released on PSOne."

Q: no worldwide submissions?
A: "Well yes the publishers follow the submission guidelines, so it’s not that any blame lies with them – they have to work with submitting content to each region separately, it’s just sometimes Europe is last to receive content because the submission is made to us last, but that’s not always the case.
Without knowing any specific details on a global submission process I can’t comment, but that would be the dream"

Q: (pal) red faction dlc?
A: "Next week…"

Q: PSN Trials are not the same as demos?
A: "Trials allow the game to be bought with the unlock key, so I don’t consider it to be a demo. Demos have no in-game commerce, whereas Trials do, therefore in my mind it has to be made aware to the user that they can purhcase the game via the trial"

Q: new avatars?
A: "I did ask about this matter a couple of weeks ago, and should be getting some definite information soon hopefully."

Mercs 2 DLC for Europe ?
Heavy Weapon for Europe ?

Tntnnbltn

TTP said:
Yes.

I purchased the UK version of COD4 and Italian DLC doesn't work. Different codes.
That's call COD4 had separate SKUs for different countries.

BLES-00148 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ENG)
BLES-00149 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (GER)
BLES-00154 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (FRA)
BLES-00155 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ESP)
BLES-00156 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ITA)

If you bought DLC for BLES-00156 then it won't recognise anything when you stick in BLES-00148.

Xater

TTP said:
Yes.

BUT that's a COD thing because the game was not multilingual. For games that are multilingual DLC should be no problem because it's basically the same dis in every coutry just in a different package.

BeeDog

Tntnnbltn said:
That's call COD4 had separate SKUs for different countries.

BLES-00148 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ENG)
BLES-00149 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (GER)
BLES-00154 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (FRA)
BLES-00155 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ESP)
BLES-00156 Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (ITA)

If you bought DLC for BLES-00156 then it won't recognise anything when you stick in BLES-00148.

Since you seem to know where to check, could you please check Prince of Persia for me? If it's any help, this is the edition I was planning on buying:

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/5489813/Prince-Of-Persia-PS3/Product.html

(afaik there's no dedicated Swedish edition of the game)

Top Bottom