• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/06/09 || Batman Demo (up in EU/US)

honeycut1

Neo Member
I was really hoping for something more this month than a free Ninja Gaiden theme.

The LBP history pack looks like a lot of fun...maybe they can add in an Abe Lincoln sack boy at some point.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Man, I have been trying to ace level 8 of Savage Moon for several days now and I cannot do it to save my life. Too little money, too little firepower. It's just ridiculous.

I'm going to cave and follow the perfect play on YouTube. I am a broken man.

All of which to say -- what a great game. If you can beat me soundly for days on end and keep me coming back, you've done your job. Buy Savage Moon, people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jvm said:
Man, I have been trying to ace level 8 of Savage Moon for several days now and I cannot do it to save my life. Too little money, too little firepower. It's just ridiculous.

Link to these perfect plays, dude. I stopped playing after those stupid tanks killed my defense without even breaking a sweat.

jvm

Gamasutra.
TheSeks said:
Link to these perfect plays, dude. I stopped playing after those stupid tanks killed my defense without even breaking a sweat.
Here is the one I'm currently trying to ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4rItQQTHI&fmt=18

(I tried to make this an HD link, not sure if that'll work.)

Trying widescreen HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4rItQQTHI&fmt=22

There are a ton on there. Just search for "savage moon" and the name of the level.

Also, prepare to feel really lame when you see someone slap the enemies around and make it look easy. :\

Nismo350z said:
Off Topic- Tenchu 3 is coming to the psp? Any info on this gem (release dates?)?

Yup, Tenchu San Portable, an enhanced Tenchu 3 port with extra stuff, coming out in Japan/Asia on the 27th August :) Can't wait for it myself as a huge Tenchu fan :)

deleted

Invested into Comet Crash recently and its awesome!!
But I would like some Rayman 2. It have been ages since I played a good Platformer.
Is it worth to get it on PSN&PS1 or is it worse than the N64 version?
What about Spyro or Crash? Which iteration is best?

BeeDog

EU PSN update:

Downloadable Games

TV Show King (£7.99/€9.99)
Confront friends and family in this TV quiz game show, with various subjects to test your knowledge on and unique multiplayer modes – you can also take the challenge online and battle against other players across the globe.
Trial (and Unlock key)

Rag Doll Kung-Fu: Fists of Plastic (Trial free, Unlock Key £7.99/€9.99)
Now you can try the chaotic action of Rag Doll Kung Fu, where martial arts combine with crazy action figures, for plenty of madcap fighting. You can also upgrade to the full game by purchasing the unlock key.

PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

Extreme Pinball (£3.99/€4.99)
Four challenging, gadget filled tables are available, to test those pinball skills. Each table has different requirements in order to rack up the points.

Demo (free)

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Join Batman as he scours the intimidating Arkham Asylum, made even more unnerving now that the Joker has taken charge and unleashed his goons!

Add-On Game Content

Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 3 (£7.99/€9.99)
The World at War experience grows ever more, with the addition of this new map pack, featuring three new multiplayer maps (and one further zombie map). There are also 10 additional trophies to be claimed.

Savage Moon – Waldgeist Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
The bugs are back, and this time they’ve evolved. Fight for you life in six new levels, featuring new creatures to fend off. There are however, two new tower types to help your defence. Also these new enemies and towers can also be used in the existing levels from the full game.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – Old West Map Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
Now you can experience even more legendary Wild West shootouts through these four new multiplayer maps.

LittleBigPlanet – inFamous Cole Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
Dress up as Cole and take the inFamous experience into the world of LittleBigPlanet.

Fight Night Round 4 – Downloadable Content 1 (free)
This pack adds the following available for use in-game: sponsored tournaments, a new training gym, new gameplay sliders and a few extra bits of kit.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Cog Hill (£3.19/€3.99)
Test your golf skills at Cog Hill, home of the PGA’s Western Open, and play on the Dubsdread #4 course with its rolling fairways and greens.
Special introductory price until 12th August

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Music Set 3 (free)
Another music set which allows you to choose new tracks from the BGM menu option.

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection of content to download:

* Spinal Tap’s Tap Ten (this combines the below eleven tracks in one pack) (£9.19/€11.25)
* (Funky) Sex Farm (£0.99/€1.49)
* (Listen To The) Flower People (Reggae Style) (£0.99/€1.49)
* America (£0.99/€1.49)
* Big Bottom (£0.99/€1.49)
* Cups and Cakes (£0.99/€1.49)
* Gimme Some Money (£0.99/€1.49)
* Heavy Duty (£0.99/€1.49)
* Hell Hole (£0.99/€1.49)
* Rock ‘N’ Roll Creation (£0.99/€1.49)
* Stonehenge (£0.99/€1.49)
* Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight (£0.99/€1.49

Guitar Hero: World Tour
Further your track collection with this additional content for download:

* Camel’s Night Out by Eric Johnson (£1.59/€1.99)

Videos (free)

* Battlefield 1943 – Launch Trailer
* Gran Turismo PSP – Trailer

Wallpapers (free)

Topatoi x3 Wallpapers
PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Downloadable Games

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men’s Chest (£15.99/€19.99)
Defeat swarms of enemies as you search for the fabled Dead Men’s Chest; you can also battle in epic multiplayer battles on the high seas.
PEGI 16+
PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

Extreme Pinball (£3.99/€4.99)
Four challenging, gadget filled tables are available, to test those pinball skills. Each table has different requirements in order to rack up the points.
PEGI 3+
Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:

* Had a Dad by Jane’s Addiction (£0.99/€1.49)
* Renegade by Styx (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy Theme 6
Videos (free)

Gran Turismo PSP Trailer

Xater

I was worried BAtman might only be on the US PSN but this way I can play it when I get back later today. :D

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

GrayFoxPL

Another PINBALL?

Any videos for it? I like pinball, but the zen had wacky ball physics in the demo so I didn't get it. Maybe this one will do the trick?

GrayFoxPL said:
Another PINBALL?

Any videos for it? I like pinball, but the zen had wacky ball physics in the demo so I didn't get it. Maybe this one will do the trick?
It's a PSOne Classic, so I wouldn't expect too much. :)

Tntnnbltn

eu.png
NOT UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

DEMOS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum

► Rag-Doll Kung-Fu: Fists Of Plastic

GAMES

► TV Show King (£7.99/€9.99)

► PSone Classics
○ Extreme Pinball (£3.99/€4.99)

► PSP
○ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (£15.99/€19.99)

ADD-ONS

► Call of Duty: World At War
○ Map Pack 3 (£7.99/€9.99)

► Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
○ Old West Map Pack (£7.99/€9.99)

► Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
○ Additional Music Set 3 (free)

► Fight Night Round 4
○ Downloadable Content 1 (free)

► Guitar Hero: World Tour
♪ Eric Johnson - "Camel’s Night Out" (£1.59/€1.99)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ inFamous Cole Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

► Rock Band
○ Spinal Tap's Tap Ten (£9.19/€11.25 | £0.99/€1.49 each)
♪ (Funky) Sex Farm
♪ (Listen To The) Flower People (Reggae Style)
♪ America
♪ Big Bottom
♪ Cups and Cakes
♪ Gimme Some Money
♪ Heavy Duty
♪ Hell Hole
♪ Rock ‘N’ Roll Creation
♪ Stonehenge
♪ Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight

► Savage Moon
○ Waldgeist Map Pack (£3.19/€3.99)

► Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
○ Cog Hill (£3.19/€3.99)

VIDEOS

► Battlefield 1943
○ Launch trailer

► Gran Turismo PSP
○ Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Topatoi
○ 3x wallpapers

So a demo for Ragdoll Kung Fu months after it came out? :lol

Those topatoi wallpapers must be sweet!

And thank god, nothing good to buy :lol

Drame

I will definetly check the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo out,
thank god there isn't any games to buy this week.

MvC2 will be out next week, right?

sca2511

im waiting for my qore renewal discount to pop up in the store, thought it would be up, but i guess it'll be up by today's update.

GrayFoxPL

YianGaruga said:
It's a PSOne Classic, so I wouldn't expect too much. :)

Right. I thought it was a new game because there's "demo free" under the text.

PSX got a good ports of TimeShock and Big Race USA so it might be good.

EA huh?

Yagharek

BeeDog said:
EU PSN update:

Any bonus ad updates for old games?
:D

But seriously for a moment, looking forward to trying out the batman demo. Ive not paid any attention to the title but a few people seem wound up about it and it is from a studio I havent heard much about so Ill give it the benefit of the doubt. Here's hoping they do the franchise justice, because it sure looks impressive.

Wollan

sca2511 said:
im waiting for my qore renewal discount to pop up in the store, thought it would be up, but i guess it'll be up by today's update.
There was a renewal discount available a couple of weeks ago. Under the Media section or something.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Tntnnbltn said:
► Savage Moon
○ Waldgeist Map Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
What? There's a map pack?

I'm hoping to ace all the levels in the original, eventually. Is this coming to US? Includes extra trophies?

Also where is Spec Ops Pinball for PS1?

GrayFoxPL

NinjaFusion said:
PS one games continue to stretch the definition of the word 'classic'

Actually after a tiny bit of research I noticed people say it's one of best pinballs ever made. So that's definitely a classic.

Will buy.

Xater

micromagic said:
Still no Trine, what the hell is going on with that?!

There was a bug. So they will have to fix it and then probably go through the certification process again. Don#t expect it too soon.

Jim

3792617915_e66a7b102c.jpg

ZEN Pinball table. (in case the other image wasn't obvious enough)

No info on date/price yet, but somethign should go on the PS Blog this morning.

Jim said:
No info on date/price yet, but somethign should go on the PS Blog this morning.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/06/zen-pinball-street-fighter-table/

To give you a little idea of what makes this table so unique, we’ve loaded it with all the iconic Street Fighter II characters that revolutionized the fighting genre, from Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile to Sagat, Evil Ryu, Vega, Balrog and even M. Bison! The locations, missions, and even the tempo of the game capture the feel and look of the Street Fighter brand, so if you’re a fan of the franchise you’ll need to check this table out.
Right now we have a tentative release date scheduled for sometime in August 2009, so stay tuned to this blog, or check out the official ZEN Pinball site for more details.

123rl

panda21 said:
batmans demo is up in EU via search

It really is - I just found it :D Downloading it now (1460MB) and it's flying - 60MB in the time it took to write these three sentences

summarizing the replies from the eu-blog-post...

Q: more PSone (especially Spyro games)?
A: "I don’t have anything specific to confirm at the moment, but I’m hopeful that we’ll have more available sooner rather than later."

Q: PAL Metal Gear Solid?
A: "Still awaiting specific confirmation as to what the score is on that front – my fingers are crossed that we’ll have some good news soon."

Q: not more Wednesday blogposts?
A: "I am sorry a full day in advance turned out to be too problematic, but early doors on a Thursday is still an improvement"

Q: PAL Disgaea 3 DLC?
A: "The DLC is coming, I’m just not one hundred per cent sure of the release dates as yet, but it should all be quite imminent."

Q: no PAL Bomberman/ Namco ESSENTIALS?
A: "If the content has not been submitted to us, or has not yet passed QA and had all metadata approved then there is nothing we at SCEE can do"

Q: what's about that rumor with the (Hongkong) 18th august PSN-service-change/addition?
A: "I don’t know anything about this, but to be fair, I’m not always one of the first to find out"

Q: No Unbound Saga in Australia?
A: "Unbound Saga was released last week, however the publisher did not submit for release in Australia."

Q: PAL Final fantasy Dissidia demo?
A: "It’s coming soon, can’t give specifics just yet though"

Q: Crash Commando DLC?
A: "Regarding Crash Commando all I can say is to keep your eyes peeled and I’m sure some interesting news will pop up"

Q: Fixed time for store-updates?
A: "Wish we could stick to a specific time every week, but it’s not possible I’m afraid. As a general rule though we’re usually updated by 6pm at the latest."

Q: no Guitar Hero DLC in South African?
A: "It’s not been submitted for release in South Africa I’m afraid, although I’m not sure of the reason why."

Q: more details about the Silent Hill removal?
A: "There was some miscommunication and it was released by accident, there were legal issues with the game and we had to remove it promptly."
Konami: "nooooo don't release it yet, we wanted to wait for the SH remake release!!!111" :lol

Q: These are not PSone "classics?!
A: "I was just making the point regarding the PSOne games that all releases are put into the ‘classics’ section, so there is no classic criteria to reach as such, other than being an older game released on PSOne."

Q: no worldwide submissions?
A: "Well yes the publishers follow the submission guidelines, so it’s not that any blame lies with them – they have to work with submitting content to each region separately, it’s just sometimes Europe is last to receive content because the submission is made to us last, but that’s not always the case.
Without knowing any specific details on a global submission process I can’t comment, but that would be the dream"

Q: (pal) red faction dlc?
A: "Next week…"

Q: PSN Trials are not the same as demos?
A: "Trials allow the game to be bought with the unlock key, so I don’t consider it to be a demo. Demos have no in-game commerce, whereas Trials do, therefore in my mind it has to be made aware to the user that they can purhcase the game via the trial"

Q: new avatars?
A: "I did ask about this matter a couple of weeks ago, and should be getting some definite information soon hopefully."

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
jvm said:
What? There's a map pack?

I'm hoping to ace all the levels in the original, eventually. Is this coming to US? Includes extra trophies?

Also where is Spec Ops Pinball for PS1?
Hah, I was just about to post that joke. Curses!

Does anybody know if Sony has a site that lists all of the PS3 content availble on PSN? It seems like the PSN section of their website only seems to show featured type items. I'm going to probably be picking up a PS3 again soon, and I want to check out what's new in the time since I sold my PS3.

Top Bottom