• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Post #7323 (LAST DAY TO REG. IN CO,FL,IN,MI,OH,PA,TX,VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
JoeBiden.jpg
vs.
SarahPalin.jpg

JoeBidenYoung.jpg
vs.
SarahPalinYoung.jpg

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Be there for the smash-up of the century!

In the red corner, Sarah "Moosehunter" Palin, the shoot-from-the-gut hometown girl who can see Russia from her home and lists the following as inspiration for her political careers: Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost. Her long list of accomplishments including asking a librarian about banning books, incurring a $20,000,000 dollar debt on the people of Wasilla and saying "thanks, but no thanks" to the Bridge to No---hahaha.

In the blue corner, Joe "Clean and Articulate" Biden, the never-shut-up gaffe warrior, touting his vast array of foreign policy experience and his love of white teeth. Now the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, he told Bush "sure we'll go to war in Iraq", but then scolded him really sternly for not having a great strategy! He also called Slobodan Milosevic a war criminal to his face!

DETAILS

Link

Sen. Joe Biden from Delaware and Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, the vice presidential nominees of the Democratic and Republican parties, respectively, will debate each other at 8 p.m. (CDT) Oct. 2 in the Washington University in St. Louis Athletic Complex, according to the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD).

This is the first time the University will host a vice presidential debate. It's the fifth consecutive presidential election that the University has been selected by the CPD, the event's sponsor, to serve as a debate host.

The debate will be moderated by Gwen Ifill, a longtime correspondent and moderator for nationally televised public broadcasting news programs. Ifill, who serves as moderator and managing editor of PBS' "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," also moderated the CPD's 2004 vice presidential debate between Vice President Dick Cheney and Sen. John Edwards, held Oct. 5 at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

This debate will include foreign and domestic policy. Under the format, each candidate will have 90 seconds to respond to a question, followed by a two-minute discussion. That is tighter than Friday's presidential encounter, when the candidates had up to five minutes to mix it up.

ROUND 2

With the first presidential debate behind us, this one should probably be the one where we receive our epic lulz.

FIGHT.

Live Feed: http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream1
MSNBC Feed: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22886841#22886841

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
...and popcorn!

CrazedCorn.gif

Guy Legend

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any implosion, rather a pseudo confident Palin who comes out aggressive. But at the end of the day people will see Biden as the more personable, knowledgeable guy who is fighting for the issues.

Repubs may claim victory in Palin not looking like a total idiot compared to the Couric interviews, but comparatively, Biden will take it without question.

So Biden will be debating someone from the McCain campaign tonight via earpiece, as I called it before?

Watch for the obvious pause before actually answering questions tonight.

mj1108

Yay!

I just got home, I have food, a TV, GAF and I'm ready.

Can't wait for the slaugther.

painey said:
O'Reilly is going fucking ballistic on the factor!

Yup...but nice to see Barney Frank give him hell right back.

gtj1092

I won't be posting during the debate so...........

Preemptive............":lol :lol :lol What the fuck did she just say!!!"

Bulla564

Banned
WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

O'Reilly vs Barney Franks

All of a sudden the Palin vs Biden debate will seem mundane...

Justin Bailey said:
HAHAHAHAHA "maybe you don't listen or you're too dumb to understand"
And of course O'Reilly resorts to his only tactic when he realizes he's getting owned, he cuts the guy off.

Trurl

Banned
painey said:
O'Reilly is going fucking ballistic on the factor!
I turned O'Reilly on after I read your post. Did he ever let Barney Frank speak? Or did he only invite him on so that he could shout at him and abuse him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom