• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Post #7323 (LAST DAY TO REG. IN CO,FL,IN,MI,OH,PA,TX,VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
preemptive response to Palin, dontcha know.
4kf2nhk.gif

Amir0x

Banned
I am moderating my expectations because it is clear there is some remote potential for Sarah Palin to at least effectively perform the illusion of looking on point. Whether she can come to that place through all the talking points crammed in her head is unclear. Whether she can do all that LIVE to the biggest audience of her life while trying to take down a life long politician while at the same time diminishing Obama and at the same time demonstrating a cursory knowledge of issues important to the American people and remaining consistent with McCain's positions... it's a mystery

I can't stand watching this kind of political theater. The level of bullshit from the GOP (and sometimes Dems) just makes me mad. And if this particular debate is at all like Palin's Couric interviews...

So it's up to you GAF to feed the hilarity into this thread.

WedgeX

Banned
My younger brother is watching the debate with me tonight...and he just started reading "People's History" :lol

This should be very entertaining.

impirius

I'll try to keep up with the thread, but it's become customary in my household to pause the Palin coverage and just "WTF?!" at each other for a couple of minutes. We'll see if that's the case tonight.

It still pisses me off that McCain's camp got the vice presidential debate's format changed so they are only allowed short repsonses to the questions with no free form exchange about the issues. It's fucking sleazy. McCain's camp is trying to make us know LESS about the VP candidates than we should.

Why did Obama agree to the format???

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
Mason was kind enough to make a PoliGAF wiki: http://poligaf.wetpaint.com/

Contribute and such for effective PoliGAF wikiness.
Here's one thing to add to the "fundamentals of the economy are strong" bit:

Olbermann just said that the government will announce tomorrow that another 100,000 jobs were lost.

besada

Banned
My wife's out, so at least I won't have to listen to her snort angrily every time Palin speaks. Man, she hates Palin.

Desperado

I was just listening to KLBJ and the conservatives that were on think that the Dems are really scared that Palin is going to have a good night and that the pre-debate spin is the most they've ever seen for a debate.

reilo

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Another thread? C'mon Amir0x, warn a squirrel when you do this so he doesn't just sit there hitting F5, wondering why the old one suddenly died.
He asked us in the last thread if we wanted a new one...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Amir0x said:
Mason was kind enough to make a PoliGAF wiki: http://poligaf.wetpaint.com/

Contribute and such for effective PoliGAF wikiness.
Kicked things off by dumping in my list of videos that shows why Palin is awful/awesome.

Edit: Ah...see the format isn't quite like that. I'll have to figure out how to shoehorn my videos in later.

Amir0x

Banned
Another thread? C'mon Amir0x, warn a squirrel when you do this so he doesn't just sit there hitting F5, wondering why the old one suddenly died.

well that's not my fault, i did warn.

Gruco

Banned
Bah. I was going to try to keep Poligaf from distracting me until election night but that obviously isn't going to work.

Anyway, I am getting nervous. All the negative press means Palin is backed into a corner, and when cornered, people lash out. We saw how effective that could be at the convention. Vicious attack, vicious attack all night long. Wire feeding her maybe a decent fact or two so she doesn't look brain dead. This one is gonna be ugly.

Get your contributions ready, because I think we're going to need to get Obama/Biden's back for another ten mil after this is all said and done.

reilo

Someone just compared Palin to Jessica Simpson to me :lol

Charleee: "Is Tuna fish or chicken?"
Palin: "In what respects Charleeeeee?"

Desperado said:
I was just listening to KLBJ and the conservatives that were on think that the Dems are really scared that Palin is going to have a good night and that the pre-debate spin is the most they've ever seen for a debate.
They're just downplaying expectations. The more they hype up how Big Bad Bulldog Biden will brutalise the Bouncy Barracuda, the less the impact will be when it does happen. The dems are treating this debate the same way the more sensible Nintendo fans treated Spaceworld (aka the October 2nd JP conference), downgrade expectations so that the hopium can flow better.

Avtomat

Can't beleive I am staying up to watch a VP debate about a country I have never visited but WTH I have a feeling this will be good.

I'm expecting a lot of snark from Palin

"Well you sir have a small penis. And you're compensating for it with hair plugs! Lipstick!"

Amir0x said:
I am moderating my expectations because it is clear there is some remote potential for Sarah Palin to at least effectively perform the illusion of looking on point. Whether she can come to that place through all the talking points crammed in her head is unclear. Whether she can do all that LIVE to the biggest audience of her life while trying to take down a life long politician while at the same time diminishing Obama and at the same time demonstrating a cursory knowledge of issues important to the American people and remaining consistent with McCain's positions... it's a mystery

Palin can talk about nothing for 90 seconds. She's done it before (v. Halcro). She will just not answer the question and Ifill will move so as not to appear partisan.

Tamanon

Banned
Gruco said:
Bah. I was going to try to keep Poligaf from distracting me until election night but that obviously isn't going to work.

Anyway, I am getting nervous. All the negative press means Palin is backed into a corner, and when cornered, people lash out. We saw how effective that could be at the convention. Vicious attack, vicious attack all night long. Wire feeding her maybe a decent fact or two so she doesn't look brain dead. This one is gonna be ugly.

Get your contributions ready, because I think we're going to need to get Obama/Biden's back for another ten mil after this is all said and done.

If she just goes the vicious attack route, expect the campaign to just completely fold up and collapse.

And one thing about Michigan....why did McCain leave Michigan before his campaign left Iowa?

reilo

I was away from the computer for the last few pages. A closing post next time might be nice... Pretty please?
Quit yer Palin!

Amir0x

Banned
I was away from the computer for the last few pages. A closing post next time might be nice... Pretty please?

I said 'hey guys do you want me to make a new thread?'
everyone said 'yes!'
So I went to make a new thread. That's about as much warning as you're going to get friend.

nbcjr

well the last post (mine) was telling about waiting for the other thread (this one)

Tamanon said:
If she just goes the vicious attack route, expect the campaign to just completely fold up and collapse.

And one thing about Michigan....why did McCain leave Michigan before his campaign left Iowa?

you're not thinking like a maverick, Tamanon

Bulla564

Banned
Dark Octave said:
:lol Popcorn gifs. It's on!

...in 20 minutes.

Orville-Redenbachers-Smart-Pop_D1B972E2.jpg

NOM NOM

Tonight feels like if it was the Superbowl, with E3 to happen during the half-time show, with a naked Natalie Portman as the host of the event.

LESS THAN 15 miNUTES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom