• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 September News Thread: Box Art Revealed, 2min Gameplay Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 13
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/fabula/0/

Soundtrack site with couple samples opened.
September 11

coming to PSN on release date, Oct 27. for 6,480 yen
September 9
LE Boxset

004j3g4.jpg

more pics: LE OST, back of the Box, cards

http://www.abload.de/img/007b243.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/005y0pt.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/006g5ws.jpg

September 8
Official avatars!
tw_0001.jpg
tw_0002.jpg
tw_0003.jpg
tw_0004.jpg
tw_0005.jpg
tw_0006.jpg
tw_0007.jpg
tw_0008.jpg
tw_0009.jpg
tw_0010.jpg
tw_0011.jpg
tw_0012.jpg
tw_0013.jpg
tw_0014.jpg

September 7

71uFzRns-FL._AA1262_.jpg

September 6
www.dotup.org1991322177k.jpg
www.dotup.org1991330n7d7.jpg

Gameplay video (showing worldmap, Cater and Trey in battle, battle with Gilgamesh more)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNrHYQz3JHE

DaBuddaDa

Loving the old-school Amano.

miladesn said:
we will get some lame CG one probably :\
It will be the main characters standing sideways facing the viewer looking "angry" with slanted eyebrows and brandishing their weapons.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What's with the stupid names they're coming up for their games lately... Can't they just give it a proper name, even if they stick "Final Fantasy" before it to use the IP? Essentially handle Final Fantasy itself like they handled The Crystal Chronicles as a brand, without having to make it stupidly long like Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers etc. So in the case of that game it would just be Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers. Or maybe Final Fantasy Stories: The Crystal Bearers to differentiate it slightly more from the numbered entries. And this game would have a proper name and be Final Fantasy Stories: Something Something. What kind of a name is Type 0... That said, man I wish I could have this... Stupid borked PSP screen... Stupid unlikely localization...

LiK

Alextended said:
What's with the stupid names they're coming up for their games lately... Can't they just give it a proper name, even if they stick "Final Fantasy" before it to use the IP? Essentially handle Final Fantasy itself like they handled The Crystal Chronicles as a brand, without having to make it stupidly long like Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers etc. So in the case of that game it would just be Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers. Or maybe Final Fantasy Stories: The Crystal Bearers to differentiate it slightly more from the numbered entries. And this game would have a proper name and be Final Fantasy Stories: Something Something. What kind of a name is Type 0... That said, man I wish I could have this... Stupid borked PSP screen... Stupid unlikely localization...
The old name was FF Agito XIII.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
LiK said:
The old name was FF Agito XIII.
Yeah I include that in the stupid names they've been coming up with... :p

Maybe if it didn't have XIII it would have been manageable... If Agito is a word in any language.

Spwn

May16 said:
It's Final Fantasy. PSP not being a hot topic in the West won't stand in the way of it coming over.

Come to think of it, has there actually been a FF themed game that hasn't been released in the West for the past decade excluding the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon games? Even 4 Heroes of Light was released here even though people were speculating it wouldn't. I hope we get Type-0. It's the game that pushed me to buy a PSP.

StuBurns

Banned
Type-0 will come in some form I'm sure. I'm personally hoping for a PS360 port, I imagine 3DS and PSV is more likely though.

LiK

Alextended said:
Yeah I include that in the stupid names they've been coming up with... :p

Maybe if it didn't have XIII it would have been manageable... If Agito is a word in any language.

Agito is Latin. But yea, I prefer Agito over Type-0 which sounds more generic.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Odd that they revealed the box art through terrible webcam shots rather than actually releasing the image as an asset.

Pooya

Stumpokapow said:
Odd that they revealed the box art through terrible webcam shots rather than actually releasing the image as an asset.
this was part of a live program on NicoNico Douga among other things, they will release that later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
tw_0003.jpg

This must be some Squall-Cloud hybrid.

tw_0013.jpg

Selphie?

glaurung

I love how the game reminds me of FFVIII with its students and schools. And the overworld map.

But I hate how generic these guys all look. Or it might be something to do with the 3D engine.

Dunan

Alextended said:
What kind of a name is Type 0...

Square Enix has a little shop on Highway 246 southwest of Shibuya station, in Tokyo. I was riding southwest on that road and spotted the SE shop, and then another shop just past that that was called "Type 0".

I couldn't help but think that somebody came up with the new name for Agito when they walked past that place on the way to work!

(It could, of course, be the other way around. Type 0 could be something SE is running. I didn't have time to stop and look into it further.)

Zaptruder

Banned
The only way I'd actually play this is if they released a HD version of this for the PS3.

I want to play it - but not enough to want to play it on the PSP...

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Awesome box art.

But Jesus, random battles? Did I fall asleep and wake up in 1997? Such a horrible and outdated mechanic. Seriously, random battles = no buy for me :(

_Xenon_ said:
Can you play this game on PSV? Really like to buy this one but not so much for a PSP.

Yes, you can if the game is distributed through PSS. So far no news about Western release, although many people here suspect Type-0 will get either PSP Remasters treatment for PS3, or will get upscaled to be Vita title.

Hey gais is this the proper threadz nao

Hey, Amano's ripping off Michelangelo!

In all seriousness, good stuff. Hype increasing for this, as my hype decreases for XIII-2.

Castor Krieg said:
Yes, you can if the game is distributed through PSS. So far no news about Western release, although many people here suspect Type-0 will get either PSP Remasters treatment for PS3, or will get upscaled to be Vita title.

Yea it boggles my mind that in 2011 we're worried about a Final Fantasy coming to the west or not.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Combichristoffersen said:
Awesome box art.

But Jesus, random battles? Did I fall asleep and wake up in 1997? Such a horrible and outdated mechanic. Seriously, random battles = no buy for me :(

I think the random battles are only for the world map. There were earlier screenshots/videos of symbolic encounters but I guess they were taken out. Or are only limited for the whole Active World Map parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom