• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

Varjet

Just for legacy sake... we need a Wesker version of this gif.

wIqcT.gif

But in Wesker's case the glasses need to go upwards.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm going to be pot monstering again this year. I wish I could say I've gotten better since last year but probably the opposite has happened. Letting school walk all over you is like that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm going to be pot monstering again this year. I wish I could say I've gotten better since last year but probably the opposite has happened. Letting school walk all over you is like that.
If there's a GAF meetup going down at some point, keep me in the loop and shoot off a PM. I'll probably be wearing a blue Shenmue t-shirt tomorrow.

Haven't practiced at all. Don't care lol.

alstein

If there's a GAF meetup going down at some point, keep me in the loop and shoot off a PM. I'll probably be wearing a blue Shenmue t-shirt tomorrow.

Today I'll just be at the VF machine. I'll have no fashion sense and a plain shirt, if I see you I'll hit something up though.

Forgot to pack pants, so Saturday/Sunday going to suck some now.

I'm still thinking about attending. But I can't enter the tournament since I work today. If I come it'll be Saturday and Sunday only. I'm still interested but I'll have to see if I can get some people to go with first. Going alone is mad depressing.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Marvel with Fchamp, Justin, Combofiend, Pr Rog and Viscant will be nuts. Who is the current best!?

Either Combo or Justin or fchamp, I cant decide.

h3ro

One thing I'm very scared about is never hearing Rush Hour at full blast again. :(

I don't think Hu will be able to regale us with stories of downstairs parts. It's not barely ok.

One thing I'm very scared about is never hearing Rush Hour at full blast again. :(

I don't think Hu will be able to regale us with stories of downstairs parts. It's not barely ok.

well, cen certainly doesn't care, if last night's stream is any indication! If they aren't on spooky's stream, they'll definitely be on cen's stream.

Well Aqua has a stream now. Maybe sometimes they'll do Rush Hour TV or something like that. Not exactly the same since they're not in the right environment. But I'm sure they can improvise.

Venfayth

So on the schedule it only shows the sp00ky stream and funkyp stream listed for sunday. They're gonna be streaming the other stuff that's going on today and tomorrow also, right?

I wanna see me some 3s :D

Dahbomb

Marvel with Fchamp, Justin, Combofiend, Pr Rog and Viscant will be nuts. Who is the current best!?

Either Combo or Justin or fchamp, I cant decide.

Justin Wong is on a hat trick... he wins this he would've won 3 UMVC3 majors in a row.

FChamp is good but not the best. In fact it's PRBalrog or ChrisG that are top 3 along with Justin Wong. And of course Combofiend, he is the defending Final Round champion.

USD

Didn't know Valle was coming too. With all there's players, they can easily run an East Coast vs. West Coast exhibition. Haven't seen one for Street Fighter in a long while.
So on the schedule it only shows the sp00ky stream and funkyp stream listed for sunday. They're gonna be streaming the other stuff that's going on today and tomorrow also, right?

I wanna see me some 3s :D

Yeah, the schedule format is a bit weird, but naturally everyday will be streamed.
Justin Wong is on a hat trick... he wins this he would've won 3 UMVC3 majors in a row.

FChamp is good but not the best. In fact it's PRBalrog or ChrisG that are top 3 along with Justin Wong. And of course Combofiend, he is the defending Final Round champion.

Out of those going, maybe. But honestly I'm the most impressed with Fanatiq. Loses DHC glitch, but still running MSS and playing even better than before.

I actually thought about making this the first major I go to (I live like one state over), but my turn to work the Saturday shift came around so I'll just be watching as I can.

Maybe if I feel real inspired I'll drive down for the madness on Sunday, but as I'm lazy and it's still a several hour drive I doubt it'll happen.

Azure J

Reading through the Final Round XIV thread yesterday was so much fun. Yipes with the She Hulk isms was always a blast. I can't believe I've been stream monstering for only a year and change though, it feels like I've been a part of this forever. (I only got really into this though after the Clockwork vs. Neo thread. The leadup into Marvel 3 afterwards just consumed the entirety of my gaming attention afterwards.)

Side note Fubarduck posted the SBO games

SBO 2012 Games: TTT2U 2on2, AE2012 3on3, P4U 1v1, Aquapazza 2on2, VF5:FS 3on3, SF3 3rd Strike 3on3!

Chavelo

I appreciate what FC has done for the community and I'm glad for Chris G. Hopefully this means he can get more support and funding for traveling to more tournaments/majors

With that in mind, I hope that they (FC) don't try to make him do lame crap like starting fake beefs with other people. He's too, um... "real" to do that. If anything, the one thing he needs to work on is to take his loses with more stride and improve from them.

Good for him, but it ruins the song!!

Oh damn! Now this made me salty. That song was godlike! D:

Azure J

FingerCramp Chris G has no where near the same level of punch that LOCAL BATTLES CHRIS G does. At the same time, good on Chris to get that promotion. I hope to see him do better and learn not to take the losses and mistakes so hard. When he does that, he'll be way up there.

I find it funny that two of my favorite regulars to watch have something that separates them from everyday awesome to fucking SSJ level. MarlinPie + blocking is easily legend tier, Chris G with calm mind would probably be the same.

I'm going to have to admit that I busted out laughing when he posted that.

It was more of a "HOLY SHIT, DID I JUST READ THAT?" type of thing, tho.

This. It just completely blindsided me, especially given the already intensely sensitive topic of the thread.

Owensboro

Hell of a weekend for this to be going on. I planned on stopping by tomorrow until a friend needed to offload a ticket to the Beer Bourbon and BBQ festival being held at Atlantic Station in the middle of Atlanta. Even though it ends at 6pm I have a feeling I will be in no condition to make it to FR.

Hopefully the hangover on Sunday isn't so awful I can't make a stop by. I'd love to see my first live Tourney. Is there a GAF meet up planned at any point?

Chavelo

Hell of a weekend for this to be going on. I planned on stopping by tomorrow until a friend needed to offload a ticket to the Beer Bourbon and BBQ festival being held at Atlanta Station in the middle of Atlanta. Even though it ends at 6pm I have a feeling I will be in no condition to make it to FR.

Hopefully the hangover on Sunday isn't so awful I can't make a stop by. I'd love to see my first live Tourney. Is there a GAF meet up planned at any point?

Send a PM to sixtyfortyfive. He's trying to get something together in FR. :D

I appreciate what FC has done for the community and I'm glad for Chris G. Hopefully this means he can get more support and funding for traveling to more tournaments/majors

With that in mind, I hope that they (FC) don't try to make him do lame crap like starting fake beefs with other people. He's too, um... "real" to do that. If anything, the one thing he needs to work on is to take his loses with more stride and improve from them.

Oh damn! Now this made me salty. That song was godlike! D:

Chris doesn't seem like the type to go with that kind of thing. If he keeps practicing, he could become another legendary player. He seems to have a knack for all games-- even does well in AE when he doesn't practice it as much as UMVC3.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Anybody know how CAG got involved as a sponsor? CheapyD doesn't seem to know anything about fighting games and he doesn't watch streams AFAIK. On the CAG podcast, any discussion of a fighting game's merits begins and ends with story mode.

Duxxy3

Dammit... so we need to get another chris g song.

edit: i hope chris doesn't become another fake character. we have enough of those already.

Top Bottom