• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.4 (Halo 3, Red Steel multi, Yoshi's Island DS, Gears of War, Zelda TP)

EGM92

wth? I was downloading at 700kb/s for a good 3 minutes, then all of a sudden when it should have been done I go back to the file and it's at 380kb/s anyone getting this problem? ZD servers are usually much faster then this.

thefro

Wow, I may actually watch this one all the way through without skipping around. Wii60 ftw! Best episode ever!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Haven't watched the 1up show since the third episode but will download this one because of the lineup and because I can stream to my 360 :lol

better not dissapoint!

Drakken

I was listening to 1up Yours, but my download of this just finished, so time to see if this really has some nice previews of the games in the title.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thank you Nintendo, I loves me some Zelda Dungeon goodness. (9 Main Dungeons, several more sub-dungeons.)

Nameless

Streaming now..Hopefully it doesnt' start to get choppy, then i'll have to DL.

Been waiting all day for this!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
VultureDude said:
princess peach better than yoshi's island DS?

BOOOOOO

even in the context that staement is provided it's blasphemous

And this is why JP is going to going to get burned by this place once again.

Easy_G

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

damn.

Sean said:
Worked fine for me, watching it on my 360 right now.

strange.

Guess I'll try out the quicktime version. Awesome, another 40 minute wait. And I've actually been excited about seeing this week's episode.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Watching the stream, and it's going silky smooth - if the footage is awesome, I'll download the WMV and stream it to my 360!

The Halo 3 bit at the beginning was great - heh heh

Watching Yoshi's Island DS, and it looks pretty nice!

Foil

Halo 3 - So far sounds like it'll be really damn good. Not a surprise.
Red Steel - Multiplayer looks horrible imo, crappy framerate, aiming and moving looks blah.
Gears of War - Appears to be the real deal. Day one purchase.
Zelda - Zelda. Enough said, must buy.

Good show.

guise

I caved in and watched the stream (which ran fine somehow, despite the dodgy d/l speed and living in england)

Red Steel MP looks poor but not enough to put me off the single player mode.

Gears just looks freaking awesome.

Zelda = OMFG i didn't want to ingest so many spoilers but i couldnt stop watching.

LJ11

Great Episode. GoW looked great. Zelda is tremendous, 70 hour playtime is sick. I'm still not totally sold on the controls, but the game looks great. Everyone sounded impressed with the controls, and they've actually played the game so who am I to judge.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
LJ11 said:
Great Episode. GoW looked great. Zelda is tremendous, 70 hour playtime is sick. I'm still not totally sold on the controls, but the game looks great. Everyone sounded impressed with the controls, and they've actually played the game so who am I to judge.

There is always the cube version, no matter how much Nitnendo wants us to forget.

LJ11

Shard said:
There is always the cube version, no matter how much Nitnendo wants us to forget.

That's the one I'm getting. :) Only other game I want on the Wii is Excite Truck. I loved Waveracer and if it's even remotely close to that I will be a happy man when I do pick up a Wii.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Bill Trinen said 70 hours first time playthrough and that's WITHOUT doing 100%. It's gonna ****ing epic!

Jiggy

Can't wait for the YIDS info. :eek:

VultureDude said:
princess peach better than yoshi's island DS?

BOOOOOO

even in the context that staement is provided it's blasphemous
Okay, what was the context? If it's something like sound effects then okay, or even length since SPP was a really lengthy platformer, but if overall, well, there's no forgiveness for that. :( The Yoshi series was already dragged through the mud once with Yoshi's Story.

Shard said:

I still can't believe people could possibly be considering the Cube version after today's hands on impressions.

Maridia

Jiggy37 said:
Can't wait for the YIDS info. :eek:

Okay, what was the context? If it's something like sound effects then okay, or even length since SPP was a really lengthy platformer, but if overall, well, there's no forgiveness for that. :( The Yoshi series was already dragged through the mud once with Yoshi's Story.

It's more creative and serves the target audience (little kids) better. He enjoyed YMFI 2 more.

Matix

*HALO-3 - Uh, cool.. I guess
*RED STEEL (MP) - Ass
*YOSHI ISLAND 2 - Ehh, I'll pass
*GOW - OMFG incredible
*ZELDA: TP - The messiah has returned (on the Wii)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alkaliine said:
I still can't believe people could possibly be considering the Cube version after today's hands on impressions.

Protip: Not everybody is buying or getting a new system for Christmas.

Foil

Alkaliine said:

Uhh... how about people who don't want a Wii and have a GCN sitting in their house right now....

Nameless

Matix said:
*HALO-3 - Uh, cool.. I guess
*RED STEEL (MP) - Ass
*YOSHI ISLAND 2 - Ehh, I'll pass
*GOW - OMFG incredible
*ZELDA: TP - The messiah has returned (on the Wii as well the Gamecube)

You almost had it down..I only had to fix a minor part

ant1532

Banned
Wow. Amazing awesome show. The dudes at 1up's best episode by far.

-Love the Halo 3 talk.Those forcefield walls sound great lol. GAME SOUNDS DOPE.

-Red Steel multiplayer looks horrible. MULTIPLAYER RED STEEL LOOKS STUPID

-Yoshi Island DS looks awesome awesome. I agree with Shane on this one. Parish goes on with how its just Yoshis Island again but what the hell did he expect them to do? Make it a 3d platformer or something? And oh yea! Parish's skills once again strike and complains on difficulty of game. Yoshi Island + Hard Difficulty = GAME IS DOPE

- Gears of War looks ****ing great. Actually living up to all the super hype it seems. Wish they showed one of the other levels but maybe good thing they aint spoiling. GAME IS DOPE.

-9 whole actual dungeons. Over 70 hours with completion for some. Controls are great.
ZELDA.

Can't believe they spoiled a good part of the story though. Before spoiler freaks.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I had no problems with the stream, just finished watching it.

Some thoughts:

-Red Steel looks like Goldeneye.. and not in a good way
-Yoshi Island. It's too hard! Gap in DS will KILL YOU! Wtf, I wasn't feeling this game and even I thought those were retarded criticisms.
-GOW: Wow. That looks ridiculously awesome and just sooo smooth with the cover animations.
-Zelda: Fuuuuck there were some spoilers in there. I don't care anymore. GIVE ME NOW.

Maridia

BorkBork said:
I had no problems with the stream, just finished watching it.

-Zelda: Fuuuuck there were some spoilers in there. I don't care anymore. GIVE ME NOW.

I closed the video at a speed I didn't know I was capable of.

Edit: I guess I should note that I was reading a book while listening to the audio portion. (The video was really ****ed up for me, like a slideshow.)

Top Bottom