• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.4 (Halo 3, Red Steel multi, Yoshi's Island DS, Gears of War, Zelda TP)

AniHawk

Mashing said:
****ing A 70 hours? That makes me ****ing hard. SEriously, that's longer than FFXII (which is about a 50 hour game?) Zelda longer than a Final Fantasy? That's unheard of.

This time the triforce is split into 24 pieces. And you have to trade in magic walnuts for rupees- which you use to decode maps from Tingle, to find each piece. At this point, you can't run. You have to tiptoe across the overworld or else you'll wake up the final boss and lose.

ant1532

Banned
AniHawk said:
This time the triforce is split into 24 pieces. And you have to trade in magic walnuts for rupees- which you use to decode maps from Tingle, to find each piece. At this point, you can't run. You have to tiptoe across the overworld or else you'll wake up the final boss and lose.
I'm pretty sure you won't be collecting pieces of the Triforce since there is no reason for them to be broken up.

Tiktaalik

Easy_G said:
The spoilers ruin the story bits that you would learn in the first 30 minutes of the game. And they only ruin them vaguely, no real detail.

Agreed.

Also Zelda sounds like it's going to be the greatest game ever.

Gears looks great, and Red Steel looks like crap. I'm not just talking about visuals.

Smokey

Mifune said:
Jeez, Zelda looked AMAZING on that HDTV in the background there. Like well beyond anything we've seen from the Cube. Question is...will the Cube version actually look that good as well?

Gears looks good, too.

I love the talk of man cannon skeet shooting in Halo 3.

Best 1Up show yet? Quite possibly.

Wasn't it a 65'' Aquos? I think so :drool

DMczaf

****, I need Zelda and Gears of War NOW.

gruden.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Easy_G said:
The spoilers ruin the story bits that you would learn in the first 30 minutes of the game. And they only ruin them vaguely, no real detail.
Nah that one spoiler is within the first 5 hours.

Ganondorfo

Zelda looks awesome, I'm looking forward to the bosses in this game *remembers ganon from oot* so much amazing feelings then:)

Sean

Banned
Gears looks amazing, sounds like it's living up to the insane hype the game has. And it's nice to see a good person playing for a change.

Red Steel multiplayer looks like shit. The framerate, the graphics, the sound effects, and most importantly the aiming looked crappy. Everything about it looked looked meh IMO.

Halo 3 sounded really good, and the man cannon stuff sounds cool too. Can't wait for the new EGM.

Zelda gave me a boner, WOW it looks amazing. The gameplay and graphics man I can't wait to play this. I hope I am able to get a Wii since I didn't preorder one.

Great show to the 1up folks, this was one of the best.

Dahbomb

The GOW automated reload system sounds freakin' amazing. This is a real example of an actual innovation in the shooter genre. FINALLY an incentive to timed reloads.

JavyOO7

Halo 3 = win
Red Steel = shit on a stick multiplayer. Bah, should have just concentrated on single player Ubi.
YI: DS = win
GoW = WIN
Zelda = WIN!

Dahbomb

the androgyne said:
Anyone care to give a time range where the Zelda stuff starts and stops? I don't want to see :)
It's near the end so once it starts you can pretty much turn the episode off.

Zonar

From this day foward I Zonar WILL NEVER WATCH 1UP WITHOUT MY 360 AGAIN!
I just looked too go on my livingroom tv.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Halo 3= From the positive reactions from EGM guys, I have to buyt this game
Red Steel= Im still buying even if the MP looks tad disappointing.
Yoshi= Man, EGM sure do bitch more than women on their rags, still the difficulty of the game got me hooked!
GoW= Goddayymmmnn! Game is awesome! It's not long til I get the game.
Zelda TP= What else do I have to say for this game than what others already did.
:)

ant1532

Banned
Verano said:
Yoshi= Man, EGM sure do bitch more than women on their rags, still the difficulty of the game
:)
Yeah lol. I think the hard difficulty should be a plus. Parish fails again.

Shane +1
Parish -1

Sapapayo

Zelda question. I don't get what this guy said : (

I'm just getting up, please, can someone write the part about the
princess Zelda
? I'm not an english native and I don't get what the guy means about the
"tragic part"
at the end.
Does he say what is tragic about the princess?
-
"tragic character = die"
?

Thanks in advance

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Man, watching that guy play TP just made me want to reach in and steal the remote from him. Looked so damn fun, and there may be truth to the 'you won't be able to go back' quote. EVen though its not 1:1 motion (something that would be quite impossible/impractical in a game such as Zelda anyhow) it certainly seemed like a paradigm shift and an improvement over current controls schemes. It just looked like a blast.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yeah, kinda expected Red Steel to suck like I said earlier, still a great episode. The best news to come out of the show is that YI actually has some kind of challenging level in the game. :D

Sapapayo said:
Zelda question. I don't get what this guy said : (

I'm just getting up, please, can someone write the part about the
princess Zelda
? I'm not an english native and I don't get what the guy means about the
"tragic part"
at the end.
Does he say what is tragic about the princess?
-
"tragic character = die"
?

Thanks in advance
he doesn't say "what" specifically is tragic, other than that Zelda was forced to step down as the princess. The fact that she is a "tragic character" doesn't necessarily mean that she dies.

Chrono

Banned
Great episode, almost made me consider getting a Wii to play Zelda early... almost.

Red Steel was just pathetic, I honestly felt embarrassed for the developers considering it was in the same episode as Gears of War. As next-gen takes off and mario/zelda/ssbm are all out next year this will probably be the fate of most Wii games imo.

Pikelet said:
How much new footage is there on zelda?

Nothing if you've seen the latest two videos.

ant1532

Banned
chespace said:
So sad to see the Red Steel apologists absent from this thread. :p
There are Red Steel apologists?

I mean single player looks alright... but damn multiplayer... shit looks bad. Made by maybe buy turn into definite rent.

Watching him do the sword swinging shit on the Wii... it really is super tacked on. Glad I'm getting the GC version. Other than that, the game looks golden and I wanna play it.

They did something half-assed and simple with the Wii version. They mapped the attack button to waggling the wiimote and mapped the spinslash to the nunchuck. You still have to hold up to thrust and that seems disorienting.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I wish I hadn't watched that Zelda segment. For those worried about spoilers, don't watch the part thats 35 minutes and 34 seconds into the show.

jee

Oh man.. GoW looks incredible. I always thought it was just another random console fps and didn't pay any attention to it.. that was a mistake :/

Too bad I can't stand gamepad in games that require aiming.. GoW on PC plz ok!!1

Jiggy

That Yoshi's Island DS section really annoys me; so much talk about how it's more of the same, as if that's a bad thing. When X is pure awesomeness, more of X is also pure awesomeness. Even if SPP was really creative (and I agree that it was), that doesn't make it better than YIDS.
The gap between the DS screens is a valid criticism, though, and has been pretty much since the DS' introduction; I'm not sure why that design choice was ever made.

On to TP.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Red Steel: crap
Halo 3: liked the projectile-blocking shield concept, bored by the rest of the details
Gears of War: looks like a very limited game concept executed reasonably well. I predict an 8/10 game that will average 9+/10 on Gamerankings
Zelda: Will the 70 hours be packed with filler and interspersed with goodness like OoT and WW, or will it be almost all solid, fun, well-paced material like Link's Awakening? I also don't see the big advantage of the Wii version.

Dahbomb

Chairman Yang said:
Halo 3: liked the projectile-blocking shield concept, bored by the rest of the details
Gears of War: looks like a very limited game concept executed reasonably well. I predict an 8/10 game that will average 9+/10 on Gamerankings
Zelda: Will the 70 hours be packed with filler and interspersed with goodness like OoT and WW, or will it be almost all solid, fun, well-paced material like Link's Awakening? I also don't see the big advantage of the Wii version.
You should just quit on gaming altogether, nothing can possibly impress a gamer like you. :/

Baron Aloha said:
I wish I hadn't watched that Zelda segment. For those worried about spoilers, don't watch the part thats 35 minutes and 34 seconds into the show.

I wish you dumb people would realize that that isn't Ganon, it's the fire monster.

scarybore

Baron Aloha said:

Thanks for that, I don't think I have seen a video of Twilight Princess since its original announcent at E3 so I hoping to go in unspoiled.

Deathcraze said:
Thanks for that, I don't think I have seen a video of Twilight Princess since its original announcent at E3 so I hoping to go in unspoiled.

Reeeead myyyyy poooost aboooove youuuurs. It's the first boss they revealed in the demo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Will next week's 1Up Show contain footage of the tour at Epic? It was mentioned in the EGM article but I dont think it has aired yet...

joshlee

I still can't get over the amazingness of watching this on my tv, it made me giggle =)

and wow, lots of gears footage, I dunno if I can wait much longer for this game.

ant1532

Banned
Chairman Yang said:
Wow, after reading this I came up with one conclusion. I don't like you.

g23

European pre-madonna
Wii version definetely for me! Believe!

The immersion is totally there! Believe in Mark!

scarybore

DarknessTear said:
Reeeead myyyyy poooost aboooove youuuurs. It's the first boss they revealed in the demo.

The one on fire with chains then? Your post wasnt there when I had started to reply, bad timing really :p

I don't really mind seeing that, but I think I'll just skip the Zelda segment anyways.

Mashing said:
****ing A 70 hours? That makes me ****ing hard. SEriously, that's longer than FFXII (which is about a 50 hour game?) Zelda longer than a Final Fantasy? That's unheard of.

70 hours is probably not a reality, and if it is, it is probably that much to do EVERY last thing in the game. FFXII will take a good bit more than 70 to do EVERYTHING. No way the "story" arc of Zelda is 70 hours. I'd LOVE to eat my hat on this though.

If a Zelda game is that long I guess you guys will never see me again because I'll be like one of those people who died playing WoW.

Top Bottom