• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 7.12 (Unreal Tournament 3, Dark Sector, DMC4)

Patrick needs to play more online games on the PS3, I actually never heard any nastry remarks playing and especially on Warhawk there were people talking and planning using voice chat.

and random question about UT3 on the PS3, but do those crappy looking "claw" keyboard things work for it? im talking about those small pads that are built around WASD, because I might pick one up cheap to play on my PS3 with.

Firewire

Banned
Laguna X said:
Regarding the footage shown of UT3... was that the PC or PS3 version being played?

They toggled through the PS3 & PC versions, whenever they switched it would display it in the top left corner. They looked nearly identical.

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3
UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3
UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3
UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3
UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3 UT3
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3!

Monday!

I almost forgot, now I have to buy. Curse yall rawr. :3

alu

Some of the DMC4 stuff really blew me away, was the first time I ever saw those scenes.

Also, you say that you were not a fan of UT2k4 Fart, would you say that fans of that game would be happy with UT3? Or did the speed increase even more? I didn't really get that from the conversation you had. And why weren't you guys talking about the single-player campaign? There still is one, right?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Firewire said:
They toggled through the PS3 & PC versions, whenever they switched it would display it in the top left corner. They looked nearly identical.
Okay thanks. I'll have to rewatch then. I wasn't paying attention to the top left corner.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Seiken said:
He's bashing Unreal Tournament for being too hard... what the hell?
I took it more as Shawn was at odds with the frenetic pace and unfocused gameplay, even in gametypes that are intended to be team-based and objective-oriented.

That, and he's a pussy.
j/k, loves ya, Shawn

But seriously, if you think he was bashing UT3 because it was "too hard", you've clearly never heard him gush on the GFW pocast over the level of complexity invloved in a match of Company of Heroes. Watch that UT3 segment again and listen again for comprehension.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Y2Kev said:
DMC4 :bow :bow

Just watched it again. Looks fucking ridiculously awesomesauce.

BTW, I agree with Shane and Bryan. DMC4 is more visually stunning.

The story still looks loolllll.

And Dark Sector looks really great actually.

I agree with this post.

DarKaoZ

Banned
Am I one of the few who will buy DMC4 for the story?

I mean, DMC3 story was great, it had good twists, exaggerated yet original fighting scenes, and some really original lines in the dialog that can only work in DMC universe. So I enjoyed it a lot.

DMC2 was way too easy because the guns were long ranged and overpowered. You just had to run and press fire until generic boss X dies. It does have some good things for DMC1 too and even improves some gameplay things. It was no DMC1, but it wasn't horrible either.

Dark Sector looks somewhat meh, but I have to try it before saying anything else, It could be a great mix-up of great games.

Firewire

Banned
antiloop said:
It will be really interesting to see what kind of PS3 UT3 mods that will show up.

Its funny that they mentioned someone could make a Star Wars mod or something, because thats exactly what a friend of mine (huge PC gamer) is working on!

Gattsu25

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
If what they say is true about the 360 version of DMC4, looks like I'll be passing on this game entirely. I refuse to play any action games with the crappy Dual Shock brand controllers.
:lol

Chris_C

~Devil Trigger~ said:
-im getting a Zune so no UT3 for me next week :( (no games till Burnout Revenge really..)

- DMC4(PS3) pre-order on LOCK, special edition too. And I got a strange feeling im gonna like Nero better than Dante...we'll see.

- Darksector looks aiiight, nothing "day one". and I'd like to see that multiplayer, though i agree with Brian, i dont think its neccessary, i like to see what they're bringing to the table.

and SF4 DOES have parry system in it??? , i could'nt hear his answer, did he say yes?

Just how far back in time are you going Marty?

medze

This episode re-filled my hype meter for DMC4 and echoed my impressions from the demo of the game, though I'm sure theres a lot more to experience than what I've seen. Dark Sector... meh

They're right though, DMC continues to look better in both gameplay and graphics since when it was first shown. Some of the animations look really great, even though subtle. Good to hear its also got some options for people who though DMC3 was too hard (everyone?) so some of us can actually enjoy the game instead of wanting to break our controllers in frustration. After what they're saying about the different versions (PS3 and 360), I can't wait to see some comparison shots. I don't own a PS3 but its nice to see some third party stuff looking better on that console than its competitor.

UT looks as tired of a game as I thought, though the vehicles are nifty! What worries me is how few computer gamers are playing, which doesn't bode well for mods. I have a feeling the average PS3 gamer isn't going to create mods themselves, rather I figured most mods would be developed by PC gamers and then ported(?) over onto PS3. I'm still a little hazy on how that works anyway so I'll reserve my judgment.

Dark Sector looks playable... The thing is, no one really is hyped for it so if you set the bar low, people will be happy when you exceed their expectations...

... still meh

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DarKaoZ said:
Am I one of the few who will buy DMC4 for the story?

I mean, DMC3 story was great, it had good twists, exaggerated yet original fighting scenes, and some really original lines in the dialog that can only work in DMC universe. So I enjoyed it a lot.

the Dialogue is not great, but the core storyline of DMC(minus DMC2) is pretty interesting to me

on that note: Sparda needs a game Capcom, wats really hood wit em?!.....get on it:D

DMC4 looks so amazing, I want to play it so bad.

and part of the reason why I am excited about DMC4 is because Nero and Dante seem badass in the cutscenes and in their general style, I mean part of why I hated DMC2 was because Dante was a stoic prick.

and while im picking up DMC4 on the PS3 for sure, I am curious to see if it will sell better on the 360 or not, im thinking it will.

Dark Sector also looks pretty good, I was on and off about the game for a while now, but I think im gonna pick it up on PS3 (I am maybe one of the few people who thought the aftertouch in Heavenly Sword was fun at times.)

yurinka

DMC4 is a day one purchase for me(PS3 version). Anything new about SF4? I don't undestand them clearly since I speak English very bad. What happened with the parries?

Draft

cgcg said:
"I ain't buying no DMC with screen tearing, I tell you what."

Good thing there's a version without the screen tearings. Pheeeeeeww!
That is true. I only have an X360 at the moment though and I really wanted to grab this dude on the day it comes out, so I am just fuming.

gray_fox224

yurinka said:
DMC4 is a day one purchase for me(PS3 version). Anything new about SF4? I don't undestand them clearly since I speak English very bad. What happened with the parries?

No information. Wait for magazine. Maybe next week for you.

medze

Linkzg said:
and while im picking up DMC4 on the PS3 for sure, I am curious to see if it will sell better on the 360 or not, im thinking it will.

Despite it being what appears to be the inferior version, I think DMC4 (360) might still outsell the PS3 version. Larger install base and a severe lack of similar titles. I think a lot of 360 owners who went PS2>360 rather than PS2>PS3 are really waiting for an action game like this.

yurinka said:
The moral of the story??

... It's Street Fighter 4

Firewire

Banned
Draft said:
That is true. I only have an X360 at the moment though and I really wanted to grab this dude on the day it comes out, so I am just fuming.

Draft, I think its time you got a PS3! :D

Mojovonio

Banned
I may get DMC4 on the PS3, depending on what the achivements are like for the 360 version.

I'm surprised it looks bad on the 360. Capcom had lots of experience making great looke games with their engine on the platform.

Ah well.

gray_fox224

medze said:
Despite it being what appears to be the inferior version, I think DMC4 (360) might still outsell the PS3 version. Larger install base and a severe lack of similar titles. I think a lot of 360 owners who went PS2>360 rather than PS2>PS3 are really waiting for an action game like this.

The moral of the story??

... It's Street Fighter 4

Wow, that answered... nothing.

FartOfWar

Banned
alu said:
Some of the DMC4 stuff really blew me away, was the first time I ever saw those scenes.

Also, you say that you were not a fan of UT2k4 Fart, would you say that fans of that game would be happy with UT3? Or did the speed increase even more? I didn't really get that from the conversation you had. And why weren't you guys talking about the single-player campaign? There still is one, right?

Campaign is basically bot play on mp maps only you get about three lines of "story" while you're loading the next match. You can play this cooperatively as well.

Mojovonio said:
I may get DMC4 on the PS3, depending on what the achivements are like for the 360 version.

I'm surprised it looks bad on the 360. Capcom had lots of experience making great looke games with their engine on the platform.

Ah well.

Dev time. Kobayashi said that development of the 360 version didn't start until after the multiplatform announcement whereas the PS3 version has been in the works for over two years.

Mojovonio

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Dev time. Kobayashi said that development of the 360 version didn't start until after the multiplatform announcement whereas the PS3 version has been in the works for over two years.

Wasn't it developed on the pc then ported to the PS3 and 360?

jarosh

wait a second. gloria's ass and vagina - is that what i'm seeing there - are we seeing that, yeah? or is she like wearing something there, under that, uhm, cloth? no, i think that's what i'm seeing there, a vagina. am i wrong? is this wrong?

Draft

Mojovonio said:
Wasn't it developed on the pc then ported to the PS3 and 360?
All of Capcom stuff is started on the PC, and then ported to its respective system(s.) So presumably there is a PC version of say, Dead Rising floating around somewhere in Capcom R&D. That does not make Dead Rising a PC game, nor should it suggest that the PC is the "lead platform."

Draft

Firewire said:
Draft, I think its time you got a PS3! :D
Mayhap it is. I've actually been casually browsing Ebay every once in a while looking for a decent deal on a used 60gb model.

alu

FartOfWar said:
Campaign is basically bot play on mp maps only you get about three lines of "story" while you're loading the next match. You can play coop this was as well.

Eh, better than nothing I guess.

gray_fox224

jarosh said:
wait a second. gloria's ass and vagina - is that what i'm seeing there - are we seeing that, yeah? or is she like wearing something there, under that, uhm, cloth? no, i think that's what i'm seeing there, a vagina. am i wrong? is this wrong?

It's good to see that your priorities are in the right place. Good show chap!

Mojovonio

Banned
Draft said:
All of Capcom stuff is started on the PC, and then ported to its respective system(s.) So presumably there is a PC version of say, Dead Rising floating around somewhere in Capcom R&D. That does not make Dead Rising a PC game, nor should it suggest that the PC is the "lead platform."

Makes sense.

So the 360 version probably could have used more time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jarosh said:

Capcom has to beat out Soul Calibur somehow

Mojovonio

Banned
gray_fox224 said:
It's good to see that your priorities are in the right place. Good show chap!

image.php

:lol :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
DAMN DMC4 will ROCK MY SOCKS OF That footage was the shitz cannot wait to get it for my Ps3 and hopefully by then the freaking Rumble controllers will be out.

Mojovonio

Banned
f@luS said:
Talk about shit....it looks...BAD? talk about hyperbole seriously, some people are exagerating so much

Ok, relax, I don't mean bad like OMG THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE SHIT, just that it looks worse on the 360.

Talk about hyperbole.

Top Bottom