• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
NBA-GAF I've come to the realization that basketball is the only sport I actually like watching live but I'm completely out of the loop on well...everything actually regarding the NBA. Is there like a primer somewhere?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NBA-GAF I've come to the realization that basketball is the only sport I actually like watching live but I'm completely out of the loop on well...everything actually regarding the NBA. Is there like a primer somewhere?
I hate to say it, but 2k

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The Cavs played 4 D-Leaguers significant minutes (2 started) last night (31/37/19/18) and still beat the Wizards. Lulz

Get NBA 2K12. Game is complicated as hell but it really does teach you a lot about the NBA (beware of the cheating AI though), the game's commentary also serves as a good orientation on teams and players as well as other knick-knacks of NBA information.

edit: dammit DY

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I didn't listen but is Boozer saying "Yes I deserved to be criticized by the fans I will play better"? because that's what it looks like

if so he is being the ultimate con man once again. But I'll go listen
Con man? Boozer? You must have him confused with someone else.

Have you guys seen the stats that show that Wade and Lebron are at their best when the other is on the bench? O believe the team performed better this way, as well with +/-

Kind of alarming imo

Have you guys seen the stats that show that Wade and Lebron are at their best when the other is on the bench? O believe the team performed better this way, as well with +/-

Kind of alarming imo

Nah, not really. Finals last year, 2nd in the East this year. All apart of the plan.

If you have less people to share the ball with on the court, and you are elite, your stats should go up.

Kinda why the HEAT play .900 ball w/o Wade. Doesnt mean they will chip without him though.

DY_nasty

There was no way the Bulls were matching a $120 mil contract to Joe Johnson.

jus sayin

joe somehow doesn't steal as much money as booze. it might've worked out better seeing as joe wants no part of being the #1

SoulPlaya

more money than God
jus sayin

joe somehow doesn't steal as much money as booze. it might've worked out better seeing as joe wants no part of being the #1
If the Bulls had Bosh last year, I think they would have won, but Bosh was attached to Wade's penis, and Joe Johnson wasn't turning down $120 mil.

Oh, how things could have been.

SamuraiX-

Kings Unlikely To Offer Evans Maximum Extension
RealGM said:
The Kings are unlikely to offer Tyreke Evans a maximum extension this summer unless he displays significant improvement over the remaining part of the season.

"(Evans has) already proven he's a very good player," Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said. "Going forward for his game to continue to grow, he's got to continue to work on areas of his game that need improvement."

Petrie declined to discuss the Kings' plans for Evans, saying a decision won't be made until after the season.

"Before going public (with talks), you should have the private ones first," Petrie said.

Evans, for his part, would like to re-up with the Kings.

"I like it here," Evans said. "I got drafted here, so I'd really like to be here. But I've got to wait and see what happens. You'll never know what's going to happen."

I hope when 'Reke inevitably starts playing his ass off next season in response to this that the Kings FO realizes the correct move will be to trade him for some serviceable pieces while his value has temporarily increased instead of falling for the fool's gold.

Canuck76

Banned

Yeah 2k12. In addition maybe looking at past playoffs and drafts on wikipedia? If you come here a couple times you'll pick up bits and pieces and some history just by osmosis too.

Redux

Banned
Kings Unlikely To Offer Evans Maximum Extension

I hope when 'Reke inevitably starts playing his ass off next season in response to this that the Kings FO realizes the correct move will be to trade him for some serviceable pieces while his value has temporarily increased instead of falling for the fool's gold.

~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~▄▄██▌█ ░░░░▐ SACRAMENTO KINGS
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ ░▐ Destination: SEATTLE
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀

OddSpoon

Banned
Nobody does tanking quite like The Cavs. :D At least we kept some honour and beat The Wizards.

Anyone think John Wall be traded?

If this was 2 months ago, GAF would be saying Boston would trade Rondo for Wall to "rebuild around, future future future."

And I see the Cavs winning maybe 1 or 2 more games (det. and wash.)

DY_nasty

Bosh is gonna get bitched around by Chandler though =/

We're probably going to run a Wade/Battier backcourt a lot today.
All anyone has to do is get a big in that can shoot to get Chandler out the middle. Knicks can't rotate and they still lack personnel.

Top Bottom