• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose probably doesn't get hurt against Knicks up 25 in game 1.

Knicks aren't good. regular season matters not. Chicago would have exposed that just like heat.
Carmelo never gave a shit about Deng's D. Why start now? Also Shump doesn't get hurt down 20+ vs. Miami, again their best guard defender on Rose. Rose may put up 20 but he would've worked for every point. Also I doubt Amar'e goes full retard vs. Chicago.

but no point arguing it now.

untitled-2rekp2.gif

Ian didn't wanna be on a poster either!

Carmelo never gave a shit about Deng's D. Why start now? Also Shump doesn't get hurt down 20+ vs. Miami, again their best guard defender on Rose. Rose may put up 20 but he would've worked for every point. Also I doubt Amar'e goes full retard vs. Chicago.

but no point arguing it now.

Sure, take away Shump's injury and Amar'e too. Knicks still get beat easily. Knicks aren't a matchup problem for Chicago.

Regarding Deng, Melo also has had a lot of good games versus Bron. That doesn't matter much now, does it?

Holy ish. I should turn the game on. But damn, American Idol is on the tv and J-Lo just looks so good...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Duki

Banned
Sure, take away Shump's injury and Amar'e too. Knicks still get beat easily. Knicks aren't a matchup problem for Chicago.

Regarding Deng, Melo also has had a lot of good games versus Bron. That doesn't matter much now, does it?

ok but your evidence for this is black mamba saying so, ours is the knicks giving the bulls fits in a bunch of regular season games

as little as regular season games can mean in the playoffs, they still mean more than black mamba says

sry braaaaaah

ok but your evidence for this is black mamba saying so, ours is the knicks giving the bulls fits in a bunch of regular season games

as little as regular season games can mean in the playoffs, they still mean more than black mamba says

sry braaaaaah

lol. losses to miami: 8, 10, 14

losses to chicago: 3, 5, 12

Not that big a difference. Sole win was by 1 in OT vs chicago on a choke. Also lost by 12 to Rose-less Bulls last game. Also at least one other game without Deng.

So Knicks RealGM are throwing around Amar'e trade ideas and someone posited flipping him for J-Rich, Big Baby and Hedo...

I wouldn't do it

lol. losses to miami: 8, 10, 14

losses to chicago: 3, 5, 12

Not that big a difference. Sole win was by 1 in OT vs chicago on a choke. Also lost by 12 to Rose-less Bulls last game.
If you watched those games you know there's a large difference in how the games went.

Holy crap why is this being argued? Is this not obvious enough that Chicago's impact is not the same as Miami's? Ignore the refs for a sec, Wade can have a bigger impact than Rose. LBJ definitely does.

If you watched those games you know there's a large difference in how the games went.

Holy crap why is this being argued? Is this not obvious enough that Chicago's impact is not the same as Miami's? Ignore the refs for a sec.

I don't disagree that Miami is probably a better team. They'd still beat the Knicks in no less than 5. The Knicks just aren't very good. Not sure why it's so hard to see. Plus, Miami grinds out games more.

T Dollarz

Holy crap why is this being argued? Is this not obvious enough that Chicago's impact is not the same as Miami's? Ignore the refs for a sec, Wade can have a bigger impact than Rose. LBJ definitely does.

Chicago has other players.

Alan Hahn dropping truth on Miami, I hope he reposts on Twitter.
Chicago has other players.
And that is why they'd probably win in 6 or 7. Guys like CJ Watson, RISE OF TAJ and Korver (not to mention Omer) have stepped up and are underrated because Thibs runs his starters into the ground. But it wouldn't be some blowout.

Kak.efes

Talking about this playoff losing streak or the time inbetween playoff wins really doesn't mean anything. Last year we got swept and it's looking bad this year but it's not like any of the players or coaches from before that time are still here. We're better this year than we were last year and next year we'll be better than we were this year. We need consistency and we haven't had it these past two years since we've been relevant again. Not to mention the injuries we have right now. It's disappointing but that's life i guess.

The Knicks are only incrementally getting better, and it's not nearly enough to dissuade anyone from believing they aren't anything but first round playoff fodder moving forward. They're the worst type of treadmill team, the kind that gets to the playoffs, and never accomplishes anything while there. At least lottery teams can luck out at the draw. The Knicks will be mired in mediocrity until Melo and Amare demand trades, by which point, you'll only receive a fraction of the value for them. Nobody likes losers, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom