• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if LeBron handled his decision better (a simple press conference maybe) then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

I mean, all of the players who have explored free agency doesn't care about winning/takes the easy way out?

No? Did MJ leave the bulls and join the Pistons, Celtics, or Lakers? Did David Robinson leave the Spurs and join another team? Did Bird give up and join the Bulls in the end of his career? No. Theres also a difference in leaving after you win a chip than leaving before. Theres also a difference with joining a team with a good player than joining a team with two other elites. Lebron quit on his city and himself.

Durant? Hes all about winning. Not dancing and going to a team with the easiest chance of grtting to the finals. Rose? More of a warrior than anyone on the heat will ever be.

I agree with this. I would exclude Battier but the rest...lol. Reminds me of my little cousin who inputs cheat codes before even trying to play GTA straight up. Some people just don't appreciate a challenge, totally understandable.

dream

I, personally, did not forget about Amare showboating and doing trick dunks during warmups before game 1, injuring his back in the process.

h3ro

Lebron rocking some pretty nice pink pants.

That was the good part of his wardrobe, the rest was a mess. For real for real.

I love how LeBron denied this championship is *. Heat will have the easiest path to the finals in the almost 60 years of the NBA. Add in the shortened season and you get an *.

I love how all you ever talk about is LeBron not winning the finals yet you keep going on about their PATH to the Finals

pick one

I agree with this. I would exclude Battier but the rest...lol. Reminds me of my little cousin who inputs cheat codes before even trying to play GTA straight up. Some people just don't appreciate a challenge, totally understandable.

Cheat codes? WTF are you talking about?

I'm not quite sure how to simplify this. Some people enjoy the challenge to receive the prize and it makes it more meaningful for them. Some people just enjoy getting the prize and being told they're great. This is pretty basic stuff.

Playing the teams in front of them is cheating? Sure, I guess you could make that stretch.

English. Learn it.

Guys seriously....if it was your team with that easy road you wouldn't bitch about it.

Quit finding reasons to hate the Heat....there are already enough there.

Shit Knicks and Sixers fans wanted the Bulls because it would be "easier".

Every year you try to pick a seed that gets uou the easiest road for your team...this is nothing new.

The Heat lucked out with injuries...and honestly even if rose was healthy and shat on us..the Heat would still have to only face two tough teams anyway.

Give it a rest.

I love how all you ever talk about is LeBron not winning the finals yet you keep going on about their PATH to the Finals

pick one
If they win it all its going to be an * like it will be for any team. For the Heat it will be an even bigger * since they have the easiest path of all time.

Ultratech

Welp, sucks to know the Mavs blew it last night. Watched the 2nd half mostly.

But I knew they weren't likely to make it past the 1st round anyhow...

At least I can root for OKC now!

filler

Banned
Let's start taking bets on which inanimate object will send Stat to the hospital after the Knicks get swept today. My money's on Mike Bibby.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not quite sure how to simplify this. Some people enjoy the challenge to receive the prize and it makes it more meaningful for them. Some people just enjoy getting the prize and being told they're great. This is pretty basic stuff.

English. Learn it.

Good edit haha

I'm not quite sure how to simplify this. Some people enjoy the challenge to receive the prize and it makes it more meaningful for them. Some people just enjoy getting the prize and being told their great. This is pretty basic stuff.
I know what you are implying. Doesn't mean it makes any more sense.

I wanted The Bulls because the Knicks played them more competitively and to escape The Button, the Bulls with Derrick Rose are no "easy" team. The Bulls would probably still win, but Carmelo vs. Deng? Shump vs. Rose? Noah/Boozer vs. STAT/Chandler? Much better storylines.

Guys seriously....if it was your team with that easy road you wouldn't bitch about it.

Every year you try to pick a seed that gets uou the easiest road for your team...this is nothing new.

The Heat lucked out with injuries...and honestly even if rose was healthy and shat on us..the Heat would still have to only face two tough teams anyway.

Give it a rest.
Huh? Many fans want their team to have the most challening route since it will make the eventual victory that much sweeter. Look at the Mavs last year. An incredibly difficult path.

filler

Banned

Give it a rest.

Nope, I was pretty damn disappointed when we had to face Orlando in the finals, because Boston wasn't healthy enough to make it in '09. Orlando had a good team, but a healthy Boston team would have been better competition. Luckily we got that matchup the next year anyway.

Nope, I was pretty damn disappointed when we had to face Orlando in the finals, because Boston wasn't healthy enough to make it in '09. Orlando had a good team, but a healthy Boston team would have been better competition. Luckily we got that matchup the next year anyway.
my man

Huh? Many fans want their team to have the most challening route since it will make the eventual victory that much sweeter. Look at the Mavs last year. An incredibly difficult path.

A really difficult path? One where they beat the Blazers in 6, Swept the Lakers, then finished the Thunder in 5?

The Blazers gave them adversity because THEY were the ones who created it themselves by losing those games 3 and 4. And the Lakers...adversity? LMAO, the Lakers last year have been more embarrassing than the Knicks this postseason. And then they played a Thunder team that had YNB being YNB

We should asterisk that too; we should also asterisk San Antonio's ring in 2005 because apparently we love hypotheticals around here and Miami would have surely beaten them if Wade wasn't hurt in the Detroit series!

I can take your terrible logic and apply it everywhere else

A really difficult path? One where they beat the Blazers in 6, Swept the Lakers, then finished the Thunder in 5?

The Blazers gave them adversity because THEY were the ones who created it themselves by losing those games 3 and 4. And the Lakers...adversity? LMAO, the Lakers last year have been more embarrassing than the Knicks this postseason. And then they played a Thunder team that had YNB being YNB

We should asterisk that too; we should also asterisk San Antonio's ring in 2005 because apparently we love hypotheticals around here and Miami would have surely beaten them if Wade wasn't hurt in the Detroit series!

I can take your terrible logic and apply it everywhere else

Did the refs give the series to the Spurs or Mavs like they did te Heat in 2005? No? Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom