• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

AirBrian

We were up 25 points... how the heck... a;slkghas;lkfjas;lgkhas;flkj

This season man

I haven't posted much this season just because I'm trying to not get pissed by talking about them.

What makes last night's loss worse is that all the teams they're chasing in the standings lost last night. Still 4 back in the loss column.

That said, 25 games left...it's time to TANK! TANK! TANK!

Embracing the tank can be hard sometimes.

I was always ready to commit to winning so long as my belief in Wall continued on, but this week has been the first time we've started winning games in spite of him, and once you realize you have cracks in your foundation there's nothing you can do but blow it up.

Embracing the tank is tough, half of our fanbase have already written MKG off as a career role player. I'd at least give Wall until the middle of next year before you give up on him though. If he's playing well and you're in playoff contention give him his contract, if not trade him.

Can't say having 2 inches of wingspan should make you a first pick or not

If you're athletic enough and can pound the rock you can cover for a lack of height and length. Iverson, Lawson, and Kemba being prime examples. McLemore is a poor ball handler, if he has short arms too he's going to really struggle getting his shot off in the nba.

Jeff-DSA

Just did a phone interview with Kotaku about a game review I wrote SEVEN YEARS AGO and some questionable PR practices that went on surrounding the game. The past never hides for long, thank goodness I'm clean.

75557101514545395385371.jpg

Wall had a bad game and y'all want to blow it up already :lol

Yea, why not?

Our core defensive players (aka the only reason we're a .500 team) are Okafor and Ariza, and if you lock them up you're basically saying your team of the future is a .500 team.

Move Wall for a high lottery pick this year, move Okafor for Lamb or something similar, fucking move everyone out of the way and get assets and you've got a really good chance of walking away with two top 5 picks this year + Jabari or Wiggins in 2014.

Seems like a no brainer.

Vahagn

Yea, why not?

Our core defensive players (aka the only reason we're a .500 team) are Okafor and Ariza, and if you lock them up you're basically saying your team of the future is a .500 team.

Move Wall for a high lottery pick this year, move Okafor for Lamb or something similar, fucking move everyone out of the way and get assets and you've got a really good chance of walking away with two top 5 picks this year + Jabari or Wiggins in 2014.

Seems like a no brainer.

Unless you get a franchise type guy in the top 5, you're probably going to be Wizards 2011 bad and your ceiling will still probably be a .500 team.

Add talent around Wall. Don't just blow it up every 3 years when your top guy isn't an MVP caliber player. That's how you become the Sacramento Kings for a decade.

giri

Just did a phone interview with Kotaku about a game review I wrote SEVEN YEARS AGO and some questionable PR practices that went on surrounding the game. The past never hides for long, thank goodness I'm clean.

Did you then question kotaku about their questionable status as reporters/reviewers/press and not just PR agents?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Been so long since I wrote reviews

Kane & Lynch?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Two separate sources confirmed Wednesday that Chris Hansen’s group put down a $30 million nonrefundable down payment to buy the NBA’s Kings franchise.

It was the first time anyone had confirmed the transaction, which was due Feb. 1, had actually happened.

Hansen’s group has a purchase agreement with the Maloof Family for a 65 percent controlling interest of the franchise. The Maloofs, on behalf of Hansen, filed for relocation to Seattle earlier this month. NBA owners have been reviewing the financial details, and should vote on whether to approve the purchase on April 19. A source says the down payment establishes a business relationship between the two sides, and may allow for a legal challenge if the NBA does not approve the deal.
http://www.king5.com/news/Sources-confirm-NBA-Kings-down-payment-made-193730171.html

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Much lower profile, but it was regarding metacritic/gamerankings exploitation. I'll wait for the piece to come out, but it was a DS game.

A lot reviews don't match the scores

You read a review really digging into a game and the game comes out with an 85 percent or something wild and you know the fix was on

Vahagn

Wall will never be good enough to build around though.

Good enough to win a chip? no. But there's lots of teams that aren't good enough to win a chip but can be solid playoff teams (like the Pacers, Warriors, Rockets) and I'm pretty sure Wall and Emeka plus talent and good coaching can get you there. Every one of those fanbases is happier with their team than Washington has been these last few years

giri

Good enough to win a chip? no. But there's lots of teams that aren't good enough to win a chip but can be solid playoff teams (like the Pacers, Warriors, Rockets) and I'm pretty sure Wall and Emeka plus talent and good coaching can get you there. Every one of those fanbases is happier with their team than Washington has been these last few years

Oh vag.

He just needed more savvy and a better jumper to be really good though.

He hasn't developed in those areas at all but they are areas where players tend to improve a good bit so his hype was justifiable.

fair enough, but it seems Zards fans are done with him

everyone on their RealGM board wants to trade him and draft Smart lulz

Yeah but who hasn't had Kim?

I didn't :(

And i would love to, don't care if she's a whore.

Wow, had no idea you were/are a game reviewer.

Itshappening.gif

It was a vast desert...with one Paul George.

Vasquez is pretty good.

Favors, Hayward, and Sanders have played really well in their minutes and will produce pretty well once they get more minutes (though Sanders' minutes are limited by him more than his coaches).

Bradley, Davis, and Monroe can all be pretty decent starters.

I don't think it was that horrible even with the top 6 mostly disappointing. I think the class as a whole will look alright in a couple of years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

He hasn't developed in those areas at all but they are areas where players tend to improve a good bit so his hype was justifiable.

If he didn't play with 5 other 1st round picks, he'd have been seen as another Felton.

I'm not sure why Emeka is even noted... Even with his contract, they can move him because he's nearing the end of it and people will be eying the expiring.

Pacers were in purgatory for the better part of the decade and they really got lucky in a multitude of ways that aren't really able to be replicated to get to the point where they are right now (which isn't even all that good in the long-term either). The Warriors have made massive gambles (Curry and Bogut aren't safe. Ever.). The Rockets are simply in good position - and they're at the point where teams can either turn into what the Blazers could've been with Roy or the Toronto Raptors.

Also, Indiana is disgusted with their basketball product. Houston has dealt with attendance issues. And GS has the best fans in the league despite being screwed nonstop by their team's owner for years.

Its a question of do you want a team that can be a 1st round exit, in which the Wizards wouldn't need to do anything at all, or if they want to actually contend. Being a 1st round exit is nothing to be happy about as a hardcore fan, casual fan, or member of an organization. 2 years of that is pretty damning for most teams as it shows that talent has stagnated and a dumb move is probably about to be made.
The funny thing is he should be tho
The thing is, the only point guard that I can think of that truly put aside his athletefirst playstyle to learn how to be a point guard was Lowry.

giri

He needed a lot more than that.

He's a good passer with decent court vision.

But he's not great at running an offense.

Has no jumper so can't keep people honest and makes scoring/creating in the PnR much harder.

Seems to have developed a dislike for going hard to the basket after getting knocked on his ass a few times.

But he can atleast shoot FT's.

I have a theory with guys who can shoot FT's but can't shoot during a live clock that they just haven't worked on body control and and haven't practiced it properly, anywhere near enough.

It's mostly just his decision making. He's got terrible decision making. I can't tell you how many times he's penetrated and had a good look at the basket but throws a hundred mile an hour bullet pass to a big thats getting ready to box out.

And if he took open jumpshots most of the time he'd have developed into an average or slightly subpar shooter by now. He shots 81% from the line lol.

He'll always pass the ball rather than just try to take smart shots and it just results in him not getting better or just looking dumb.

Problem is he basically didn't develop after his first year because he started avoiding the things he wasn't good at. Abandoned the 3, abandoned the jumpshot, etc.

50% of its him and 50% of its our player development/coaching. Wittman should bench him when he doesn't take open shots or doesn't look to finish but instead he encourages him.

Top Bottom